2022/2023 Campaign.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullno4 wrote: 07 May 2022, 12:25 Is Dean Moxey’s time up? Hasn’t been in the squad for a couple of weeks but is lined up for the Yeovil/South West Legends match next week.

Would be a shame to see him go as he’s been a rock for us at the back this year.
Must be saving himself for that one then - seeing as hes been injured for a few weeks......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Don’t think Moxey is that sort. He’s well respected for good reason. He’s a true professional .
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

TUFCfan wrote: 09 May 2022, 10:00 Seems to be a rumour amongst Walsall fans that CLE has agreed to sign for them.
Your rumour seems to be spreading as on the Walsall 'Rumour Mill' page it states;

"According to a Torquay United fan on their fans forum – attacking midfielder Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is linked with a move here".

As always take such rumours with a pinch of salt
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dazza wrote: 09 May 2022, 20:36 Don’t think Moxey is that sort. He’s well respected for good reason. He’s a true professional .
Obviously.
I was actually being facetious...... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 09 May 2022, 22:28 Your rumour seems to be spreading as on the Walsall 'Rumour Mill' page it states;

"According to a Torquay United fan on their fans forum – attacking midfielder Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is linked with a move here".

F*cking Warsaw.
I mean come on..... :rofl:

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Wolborough wrote: 05 May 2022, 09:09 Halstead has another year on his contract surely?
I am not so sure on that. My simple analysis on Agents lists appears to show Halstead contract expires in June. The only ones I can find whose contract extends longer than June is Ali Omar expire June 2023 and (wait for it!) Klaidi Lolos expires June 2024.

It is a simple analysis so stand to be corrected
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

MellowYellow wrote: 09 May 2022, 22:28 Your rumour seems to be spreading as on the Walsall 'Rumour Mill' page it states;

Always amusing to see how those gossip/news sites get their "rumours". The CLE rumour has gone full circle as Walsall fans across multiple forums mentioned about it, I then mentioned it here having seen those rumours and then Walsall rumours now mentioning it as it's been seen on here despite it coming from Walsall fans in the first place.

Think CLE to Walsall might have some legs at least as they've supposedly confirmed five signings already and CLE did play in a friendly for Flynn at Newport when they were looking to loan him from Bristol City.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

I think it's more or less a given that we will lose CLE, Little, MacDonald, Lewis. If any of them are offered enough to stay it would be a welcome bonus. But the clubs who'll come in for them will naturally be league clubs - or NL clubs with big purses and tipped for promotion in 2023.

It's a case of being realistic about that and recruiting well to fill those gaps. Not an easy task since they're our best 4 players. Playoffs in 2022/23 should still be our goal but we will likely be around where we are now.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I can't imagine Lolos was given a 3 year contract !
Little and Lemon definitely more likely to go than Macdonald and Lewis.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

GJ said before 'Manic Monday' that 2 or 3 of them had signed two-year deals. That would likely be Halstead and Lapslie, with Lolos either on a one or two year deal.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

desperado wrote: 11 May 2022, 09:22 I can't imagine Lolos was given a 3 year contract !
Little and Lemon definitely more likely to go than Macdonald and Lewis.
I wonder if it's anything to do with their age, Lolos is 21 so presumably we might be entitled to compensation if he goes somewhere else before he reaches 24.
Last edited by Plainmoor78 on 11 May 2022, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Regarding MacDonald, I thought he left last season because he wasn't offered the first choice goalkeeper spot. Surely the club would be stupid not to guarantee him the spot now and for that reason I think he will stay.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 11 May 2022, 14:12 Regarding MacDonald, I thought he left last season because he wasn't offered the first choice goalkeeper spot. Surely the club would be stupid not to guarantee him the spot now and for that reason I think he will stay.
Him & Kyle Cameron were besties when they were both at TUFC and so Notts Co. could be a destination for him.

Clearly they do have a keeper in Sam Slocombe, but he's been sharing time between the posts with a Czech Liverpool loanee. So their GK spot doesn't seem settled.

Pure speculation on my part, but a certain first choice at TUFC may still be less interesting than a battle for the preferred GK spot at a club like County. Especially as it's closer to his hometown and he has chums in the team already. Oh, and he may get few more quid.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us in for Nigel Atangana, just released by City, played under Johnson at Cheltenham
The gulls are going up
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I hope we are not interested in Atangana, we have enough players who take it in turns to fill up the treatment room, we do not need another one of the play one injured three variety.