TUFC v Eastleigh Monday 18th April 3pm KO.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Regarding the always pressing need to get better players to the club, bear in mind the cost of wages being borne by Riviera Stadiums, aka Osborne. Unless the club changes hands, it maybe we continue rely on Osborne to lose £1mm/ year.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

It is difficult to see Clarke’s end game. Why he continues to fund the clubs substantial loses when he is not a fan and does not even seem to like football is a mystery. But without him the club would be bankrupt.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The deluder wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 17:25 It is difficult to see Clarke’s end game. Why he continues to fund the clubs substantial loses when he is not a fan and does not even seem to like football is a mystery. But without him the club would be bankrupt.
This is a myth. As a child he attended Bristol Rovers matches where his father was on the board.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

Interesting I did not know that.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The deluder wrote: 02 May 2022, 17:10 Interesting I did not know that.
Living up to your username :whistle:
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

To say he doesn’t like football is to overstate it I think. When I met him he clearly didn’t seem over engaged however. Remember Bristol Rovers lost their ground to intended development. I don’t know whether his father’s directorship was a factor in that or not.