Torquay United v Aldershot - Tuesday 22nd March @ 19:45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Torquay United v Aldershot - Tuesday 22nd March @ 19:45

Post by Nick Potkins »

Remembering and celebrating the life of our former manager Frank O’Farrell who passed away last week. A true gentleman and legend in the world of football and friend of my parents.

RIP Frank ⚽️

Fingers crossed for goals tonight and a win for the YELLOWS. Great weather, let's make Tuesday night's football special. Setting off soon for my 400 round trip to Devon 💛⚽️💛
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hats off to you Nick for making a midweek trip like that for let's face it , barring a miracle, a match with not a lot on it.
A repeat of 10 years ago ? would be nice 3-0 down second half and a 4-3 win. Think Ashley Yeoman scored the winner, saw him playing for Salcombe the other day, still only 29. Aldershot are on an awful run, if we weren't so poor in front of goal you'd expect us to win this but not so sure, probably another draw.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

2-0 to the Gulls is my hope.

A Special Night for all those of us who remember Gentleman Frank O'Farrell with great affection. RIP Frank.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agreed - mid to late sixties , what a time to be a Torquay supporter, nothing has come close since.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

desperado wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 17:53 Agreed - mid to late sixties , what a time to be a Torquay supporter, nothing has come close since.
O’Farrell and Stubbs - it doesn’t and never will get any better than that. And so many other fantastic players to enjoy as well. Perfect Saturdays - play football, watch football, out on the town, great times to be a young man in Torbay!!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Well that first half was nearly perfect. We look quick and first to everything, but Aldershot are poor. I remain concerned with a lack of a tall central midfield ball winner / enforcer but that can wait for next season. ⚽️⚽️⚽️
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

A good win against very weak opposition. Just hope we can win on Saturday.
Eastmid gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Eastmid gull »

Great win , great first half and good game management in the second Half however how bad were aldershot I was really shocked at just how bad they were anyway that’s an other 3 points bring on Saturday!!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Lovely to see Bruce Rioch sat in the Directors Box. Another top man, no doubt came to honour Frank O'Farrell.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Perhaps the worse side to visit Plainmoor, Aldershot were woeful. However, they had to be beaten and the first half was clinical with 7 attempts, 5 on target and 3 goals. Going four-up so early in the second half ended the contest and I can't remember a further shot by us afterwards, despite making several good openings. Nevertheless three of the goals were top-drawer. Wright was my MOTM in the way he came off his defended and linked play well. We became a much reduced threat when he came off.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I expected to come on here this morning and have to wade through we are making the play off's brigade, lets be honest our youth team could have given aldershot a game, they were that poor, that we didnt have double figures surprised me, at least Aldershot are probably safe for another season so thats one game that doesn't involve a two day camel ride. I do not suppose for one minute that we can hang onto Wearne or Mckenna for next season although if we mean business next campaign that is the type of player we should be going after. Roll on saturday.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest