Taking the knee.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Players supporting their teamates, terrible. Reminds me why I rarely look at this forum these days.
TUST number 080
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Eastmid gull wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 10:23 This post has honestly made me feel sick I genuinely can’t believe people can complain about people taking a knee in a sign of of respect and solidarity you need to have a serious look at yourselves it’s honestly disgusting
Would you like a little hurty place for you to blub in snowflake? There are NO racist comments or any support for racism in any of the above comments. Just the opposite. Which just goes to prove how ridiculous taking the knee is when it provokes perverse reactions like this.

Stand Up Against Racism. Never Kneel to Marxists!
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Won 4 nil and you’ve found something to moan about. Congratulations. I suggest you don’t bother coming back to Plainmoor. :scarf:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

davethegull2 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 11:01 Would you like a little hurty place for you to blub in snowflake? There are NO racist comments or any support for racism in any of the above comments. Just the opposite. Which just goes to prove how ridiculous taking the knee is when it provokes perverse reactions like this.

I think the real snowflakes are those people who are so angered by a silent display of anti discrimination that they couldn't cheer a single goal and will never go to Plainmoor again!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Do we know why it happened specifically last night?

as a home ST holder we haven't taken a knee i dont think for a while, just seemed odd to suddenly happen

also the ref was a moron for blowing his whistle too early for the tribute to Frank O'farrel
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

What a waste of a thread.

It's simple. If something offends you, ignore it.

'Oh, but I'm offended'... so... f*cking... what!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

" Marxist Black Lives Matter activists " and " virtue signallers" ...........whatever the hell they are !!

If BLM is marxist than I am happy to be a marxist !

If anybody gets upset and decides not to follow Torquay United because of that gesture then bye bye you wont be missed !
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Very sad to see politics impacting on our football club
Presumably you'll be very unhappy when the club does a moment's silence around Remembrance Day, and auctions off the Poppy shirts.
Oh, you won't? In that case all this proves is that you don't like 'politics impacting on our football club' when it's stuff you don't personally like or approve of. Jog on.
There's no place for BLM Marxist appeasement and political posturing.
I'll take "random internet idiot who heard 'BLM Marxism' from somewhere and doesn't know what it means" for 10, alex.
It ruined the whole game for me, I felt I’d lost my club…. Didn’t cheer one goal!
Bye bye, then. You wont be missed.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Eastmid gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Eastmid gull »

davethegull2 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 11:01 Would you like a little hurty place for you to blub in snowflake? There are NO racist comments or any support for racism in any of the above comments. Just the opposite. Which just goes to prove how ridiculous taking the knee is when it provokes perverse reactions like this.

Oh this has made me laugh “snowflake” I’m taking your one of those who think the American election was rigged lol
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

To be honest, I am getting sick of all the virtue signalling going on. If people want to support any movement, great but the constant ramming whatever cause down your throats is a bit tedious. Especially when people jump on the bandwagon without looking into the background. I do think politics and sport should be separate. That doesn't mean I'm a racist or a Putin lover, or whatever the frigging latest cult is.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

The person who is so offended by the sight of 22 people kneeling down on a patch of grass metres in front of them. Calling someone else a snowflake
:lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I despair at the lack of awareness by the majority of people in knowing what and who they readily support.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Southampton Gull wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 07:35 I despair at the lack of awareness by the majority of people in knowing what and who they readily support.
Indeed, 43% of voters chose “Boris “ Johnson to be Prime Minister, without appearing to know that he is an unprincipled, deceitful, amoral, corrupt slug of a man. Many people were influenced to vote for Brexit by Farage, without appearing to know that Farage is a long term admirer of Putin and a racist and that he had no idea how Brexit would turn out. British people have the political understanding of an average Trump fan.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Please enlighten me as to what your left-wing politics has to do with Torquay United.
Eastmid gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Eastmid gull »

Please enlighten me on how right wing propaganda is…