Torquay vs Bromley 5/03/2022

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Full disclosure: I wasn't at the match, so I'm basing my opinion on the TV replay I saw on BT Sport just now, but the red looked very harsh to me. The Bromley player went down like he'd been sniped, there was another Torquay player providing cover + it wasn't a denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. BUT, it was naive of Joe to put himself in that position and he was taking a serious chance (that didn't pay off) that the Bromley player wouldn't take a dive.
TUST member 203
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Despite having a team of giants, Bromley looked like an ordinary National League side. If we had anyone to call a forward, we would have had the three points.

All those dreaming of the playoffs can now wake up to reality. We will be in this League next season.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

divingbboy wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 13:52 Full disclosure: I wasn't at the match, so I'm basing my opinion on the TV replay I saw on BT Sport just now, but the red looked very harsh to me. The Bromley player went down like he'd been sniped, there was another Torquay player providing cover + it wasn't a denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. BUT, it was naive of Joe to put himself in that position and he was taking a serious chance (that didn't pay off) that the Bromley player wouldn't take a dive.
interesting post divingbboy, will have another look on the highlights

their players - mainly Cheek - were going apoplectic surrounding the ref
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Well I guess a point when you are down to 10 men is an ok result and before the sending off we were by far the better team. Actually good to see us keeping the ball on the floor for once. Thought the red card was harsh although it was an error by Lewis getting on the wrong side.

Bromley were a drab boring team and seemed to have no idea how to attack a side with 10 men, and I had to laugh when they still had a back 5 whenever we had a goal kick ! Must admit that Duke-McKenna was MOM, and is a real prospect shame he will head back to QPR. Thought Lapslie had his best game in a while.

The focus now must be on next season and we soooo need a couple of good strikers, alas I think Danny Wright has now passed his sell by date and maybe time to hang the boots up ? I hear that Lolos and his agent may have got under GJ’s skin hand nice his bench warming again.

I think we have the basis of a good team but need another centre back, a midfield general, oh for an Alex Russell type player, at least one winger plus maybe another full back, and think that there is plenty of deadwood to be rid of.It may be concerning if. Few of the better players decide the grass is greener, I hear that CLE could be off and I really Armani may be looking elsewhere.

Mid table it is this season and hopefully we will lose two “money bags” teams to even the playing field.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Highlights
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

8E5C81B4-393B-4B78-8F18-63E7949507FC.png
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Thanks Steve for posting the highlights. I would be appealing the red card. Yellow at best!

It has to be denying an OBVIOUS goal scoring opportunity NOT just the last man.

It was 30/35 yards from goal and on the left with I think Moxey covering the middle who could get across to Intercept.

Another poor Referee at this level, marginally better
than the inept Assistants.

The Club should appeal
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

North Curry House wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 14:33 Thanks Steve for posting the highlights. I would be appealing the red card. Yellow at best!

It has to be denying an OBVIOUS goal scoring opportunity NOT just the last man.

It was 30/35 yards from goal and on the left with I think Moxey covering the middle who could get across to Intercept.

Another poor Referee at this level, marginally better
than the inept Assistants.

The Club should appeal
I hope the Club does appeal. Not just on that one, but the foul on Evans in the box at the end was a clear penalty. Instead the useless clown who must have borrowed a ref’s outfit for the day booked Evans. Yet another in a long line of useless officials.
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

As ever with referees, it is tha lack of consistency that fans deplore - compare the Chesterfield keeper, Loach, who tripped a forward who was rounding him in the middle of the penalty area prior to tapping into an empty net and only received a yellow! We should also have had a penalty in the first half when rugby tackled going to meet a corner, but as almost invariably happens it is the attacker who is penalised.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

It was not an OBVIOUS goal scoring opportunity AND it was not dangerous or violent conduct.

This so called Ref needs to learn the Rules and apply them.

I guess we wont appeal as the system is not truly impartial and seems to back the Ref even when you could show 50 offences like this every Saturday and sometimes the offence does not even get a Yellow Card!!