Torquay United v Barnet Sat 19 Feb KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Barnet Sat 19 Feb KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

An inform United with 7 wins from their last 10 games entertain Barnet with one win in their last 9 games and some heavy defeats.

Although the current Hurricane strength winds should abate by 3pm tomorrow the pitch will be heavy and the conditions far from ideal.

2 of my granddaughters are attending their first ever Match so I am hoping for a stellar performance from the boys and am going for a 4-1 score line in favour of the Gulls.COYY
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I see Exeter City v Barrow tomorrow has just been called off due to weather concerns. Just saying.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

portugull wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 12:52 I see Exeter City v Barrow tomorrow has just been called off due to weather concerns. Just saying.
I would suspect that is more to do with Barrow having to travel down today rather than any concerns about the weather tomorrow?
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Although I now read it is to do with the Big Bank Structure!!
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Yeovil off too. I think we’ll wait till tomorrow
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I see Barnet have signed 2 players this week to help arrest their slide down the Table.

Ross Marshall a 6 -3 defender joins on loan from Stevenage and Louis Walsh signs from Southend and is a forward.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

In terms of form, and on the face of it, we should get a W today.

Looking closer though, our last 6 home games have brought only 10 points, and Barnet have 7 points from their last six away games (winning 2). So it'll be a stiff challenge for sure.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Will the game still be on today ??
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

37MacDonald
2Wynter
3Martin
21Moxey
31Lewis
10Little
4Lapslie
8Hall
12Wearne
15Duke-McKenna
7Lemonheigh-Evans

The lack of an out and out forward in the starting XI with Wright & Lolos on the bench is a little peculiar?
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

1-0 Lemon

Who needs strikers anyway ⬆️☺️
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

In short a missed opportunity, Barnet were there for the taking

Too many players not on their game and not doing the basics

Little particularly with set pieces very poor, wasted an obvious advantage we had over them

Ref - moron
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly too many players fell short of expectations today. At 2-0 the game was there to be put to bed, but we became open, started losing possession and invited Barnet back into the game. Maybe lucky to get a point, in a game which could have gone ether way.

Tuesday almost becomes a must win, as 7th place, despite our good run slips further away.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Absolute giveaway , 2 points thrown away ,
should have been 3 or 4 up at half time.
Gifted them a goal and a lifeline. Barnet absolutely there for the taking, poorest team I've seen at Plainmoor this season, completely lacking in self belief, ability and confidence until we encouraged them.
Very disappointing. Feels like a defeat.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Yet again for goodness knows how many times this season we were the only team in it for the first thirty minutes,then they got wise to us and we didnt have the nouce to change things around, at the end I was so grateful for a draw because against the fourth from bottom team we geniunely just about scraped a point, If that was a fully fit squad as Johnson suggests then I do not wont to see us put out an injured eleven, lapslie hardly had a run in him and Wright just wasnt with it today, Dan martin was all over the place but they was not alone , Lemomheigh was as good as little was poor, his set pieces have got considerably worse as the season goes on, I appreciate the ref was appalling but no excuse for the way we played , the ref is like the weather conditions, something you have to adapt and overcome. Anyone who thinks we will see anything out of Borehamwood is defo on something, they have conceded less than half a goal per game.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Another ridiculous MOM award. Giving it to the bloke who scores two goals. He was ok today but Duke McKenna clearly MOM
Little frustratingly inconsistent today .
Dreadful set pieces. 2 free kicks first half with the wind, one he tried to curl and the other blast both cleared the bar by 4 feet and putting a corner out of play.
Dont know what was up with Lapslie today but he was very poor and Wearne needs to do more , not influencing the game at all