Eastleigh v Torquay United Tuesday 28 Dec KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

North Curry House wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 16:58 ...If it was a mistake it is his first of the season, although did he just slip.
yeah 1 mistake,... i mean basically gifted a Yeovil player a 1v1 on Boxing Day and that was 48hours ago

The bloke makes numerous mistakes, i didn't think he was good enough last season and its not changed
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 17:17 yeah 1 mistake,... i mean basically gifted a Yeovil player a 1v1 on Boxing Day and that was 48hours ago

The bloke makes numerous mistakes, i didn't think he was good enough last season and its not changed
Please remember what league we play in. We will not get perfect players at our level of football. None of them are infallible. If an outfield player makes a mistake, it will probably not always result in a scoring opportunity. If a goalkeeper makes a mistake, it is probably going to give the opposition a real goal scoring chance. In my opinion, McDonald is a competent goalkeeper for this level of football.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

grockle wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 18:01 Please remember what league we play in. We will not get perfect players at our level of football. None of them are infallible. If an outfield player makes a mistake, it will probably not always result in a scoring opportunity. If a goalkeeper makes a mistake, it is probably going to give the opposition a real goal scoring chance. In my opinion, McDonald is a competent goalkeeper for this level of football.
:goodpost:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

In all fairness he has by and large cut out the amount of mistakes he made last year.

Unfortunately fatigue was always likely to find us out today which was a shame as it sounded like we were the better team in the first half. We came out on the wrong side of the covid lottery today with our opponents not having a meaningful game for nigh on two weeks.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Spot on Brucie.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Bad luck today!! Bad ref!! Never a pen. He delayed awarding it and we thought the whistle would be for a dive!! Mistake from MacDonald and gutted for him as he has improved this season!! Bad ground, turned away from car park despite not being full!! Bad toilets, bad food!! All in all not a great day however the team deserved better!! Little outstanding again!! Hugh work rate for a creative player!!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Admiral wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 13:35 0-4
2601 (487 away)
2730 (428 away)
Not bad
zebgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by zebgull1 »

Have to say I thought we were a bit unlucky, although not sure my opinion counts for much as I took my 4yr daughter so wasn't as focused as usual! Great team goal in the first half, Little and Wright linked up really well. Not wanting to disagree about the tiredness but to me it didn't really look like a physical issue, we had dominated the first half completely (and probably should have put the game out of sight) but when we came out for the second half we seemed to go into our shell, Eastleigh countered and hit us hard on the break and we lost our shape for a while. We seemed to be back on an even footing when the pen was given, will be interesting to see it back as it looked very soft and the ref turned away before apparently changing his mind. Second goal I missed as I turned away when Macdonald seemed to have caught it, can only presume he dropped it into his own net. Both teams had late chances but a disappointing result as I really felt we were the better team. Little was excellent (please can someone else take corners though), good vision and passing throughout, I thought Martin was great and we tore them apart down the left in the first half. Centre backs were very strong too, no-one really had a bad game so a shame to lose to two individual errors (ref and keeper). Wright was a threat but doesn't look quite back to his old self, CLE had a good game although not everything quite came off for him. Felt we went a bit too negative but easy to say afterwards as 0-1 at half time against a decent team I suppose it made sense, we definitely had chances in the first half which would have put the game to bed.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

zebgull1 wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 22:57 Have to say I thought we were a bit unlucky, although not sure my opinion counts for much as I took my 4yr daughter so wasn't as focused as usual! Great team goal in the first half, Little and Wright linked up really well. Not wanting to disagree about the tiredness but to me it didn't really look like a physical issue, we had dominated the first half completely (and probably should have put the game out of sight) but when we came out for the second half we seemed to go into our shell, Eastleigh countered and hit us hard on the break and we lost our shape for a while. We seemed to be back on an even footing when the pen was given, will be interesting to see it back as it looked very soft and the ref turned away before apparently changing his mind. Second goal I missed as I turned away when Macdonald seemed to have caught it, can only presume he dropped it into his own net. Both teams had late chances but a disappointing result as I really felt we were the better team. Little was excellent (please can someone else take corners though), good vision and passing throughout, I thought Martin was great and we tore them apart down the left in the first half. Centre backs were very strong too, no-one really had a bad game so a shame to lose to two individual errors (ref and keeper). Wright was a threat but doesn't look quite back to his old self, CLE had a good game although not everything quite came off for him. Felt we went a bit too negative but easy to say afterwards as 0-1 at half time against a decent team I suppose it made sense, we definitely had chances in the first half which would have put the game to bed.
Pretty much how I assessed the game. :goodpost: although I do feel they had the energy second half which we couldn’t match. But we didn’t deserve to lose
Lucy
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well we really should have put ourselves out of reach by half time.
We could and should have been 4 nil up. We have to be more clinical. To play such good football and then fail to bury the ball is so disappointing

Whelan could not take the smirk off his face after diving on zero contact from Hall. He knew full well he had conned a gullible referee.

I hope when Eastleigh come to Plainmoor on Easter Monday we play them off the Park and win 5-0.