Weymouth v Torquay United Sat 4 Dec KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I too was at the 1-8 game against Scunthorpe. I actually felt the players in that one gave up once we were 3-1 down. I've never noticed any player not playing for Johnson, they've always kept going to the end.

Johnson is stubborn, but that's one of the reasons why he's still around in football I guess. I did notice a bit of structure at half time for the subs, so maybe they do listen to us!

I thought we played pretty well, but maybe partially due to the opposition. We should of scored 6, but they could of scored 2 or 3 themselves. Their quickly taken free kicks, corners caught us out too often.

I guess it's opinions, but I thought Byron was poor, hopefully he'll come good in time. But looks 2 yards off the pace and no clue how to handle the physical side of non league football. Dan Holman, new haircut, new beginning I guess. Tries hard, but just isn't happening for him.

Yellow army were of course amazing, taking those numbers.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Thank gawd g johnson got some fans
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

divingbboy wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 14:55 Out of interest, does anyone know what's happened to Gabby Rogers? He hasn't even made the bench for the last couple of games. Injured, or severely out of favour?
Gabby Rodgers was at the ground yesterday. Guess he's one of the players who will be moved on in January, with Wright, Evans,Perrit added to yesterday's squad his chances are probably limited. Seemed to have bags of talent in pre season but that was against lesser opposition.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

It was a good win and Torquay looked good, the old cliche is true that you can only play and beat what’s in front of you and to be clear Weymouth are a poor team and will be lucky to stay up this season. If there was any frustration from me was that it could easily have been 5-1 or 6/7 -1 to United if Holman and Moore sorted themselves out in the first half and for the woodwork getting in the way in the second half. With Evans returning and the young duo of Armstrong and Lolos linking up well together we could be a top half and dare I say just on the edge of the playoffs team but we need Armstrong and Lolos playing well together plus another centre half to free up Wynter. I really don’t understand all the negative posts at all. We are very lucky to have the current owner and management structure in place, worse case we miss the playoffs and have another go next season or the season after.
baggageman
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by baggageman »

desperado wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 21:10 Yes a very good performance and entertaining game, good to see us create lots of chances, with luck, better finishing and a less able keeper we could have had 6 or 7. Thought Byron Moore looked very good until he pulled something, and I liked the system with Hall, Little and Lapslie all working hard in midfield in a 3-5-2.
Different game next week though but encouraging today.
You took the words right out of my mouth desperado ……. :scarf:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Jeez I thought our set pieces were bad just look 0.58 seconds into this ! So many chances and spectacular hits against the woodwork !!