Weymouth v Torquay United Sat 4 Dec KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 18:57 The only thing that would shut me up is Uncle Clarke giving Gary Johnson and co their P 45s !!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess there's no pleasing some!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well by all accounts it seems like this was our best away performance since we put 4 past Maidenhead.

However it seems as if we got better and better and could have had 4 or 5.

Asa Hall is what makes us tick and with Armani playing well and a set piece goal we are beginning to get it together.

Stockport County will be a huge test and their away record is way better than their home record but at least this win will have restored some confidence in the squad. COYY
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Good day out today and we celebrated like a club that had won only our second away game of the season. And rightly so!!! Little was outstanding today!! The defensive side of his game and the ground he covers is often overlooked!! Hall, Moxey and Lewis also really good. How many times did we hit the crossbar?? Bigger tests to come but for tonight happy days!!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes a very good performance and entertaining game, good to see us create lots of chances, with luck, better finishing and a less able keeper we could have had 6 or 7. Thought Byron Moore looked very good until he pulled something, and I liked the system with Hall, Little and Lapslie all working hard in midfield in a 3-5-2.
Different game next week though but encouraging today.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Forgot to say I thought the referee was excellent today
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

North Curry House wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 15:58 Begs the question has every player had the full compliment of jabs? If not, Gary needs to take EVERYBODY to the ERC on Monday morning for the walk in inoculations. Armstrong should be playing with Lolas alongside.
Great plan. Then the team would either a) all test positive or b) collapse on the pitch. Ffs.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

dawlishmatt wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 18:57 The only thing that would shut me up is Uncle Clarke giving Gary Johnson and co their P 45s !!!!!!!!!!!!
What a pathetic post. Yes we beat the mighty Weymouth 2-1 but very convincingly which in my opinion is more pleasing. But ffs what is the context of that post other you are a delusional and sad individual.
Lucy
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

lucy6lucy wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 02:56 What a pathetic post. Yes we beat the mighty Weymouth 2-1 but very convincingly which in my opinion is more pleasing. But ffs what is the context of that post other you are a delusional and sad individual.
:goodpost:
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

lucy6lucy wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 02:56 What a pathetic post. Yes we beat the mighty Weymouth 2-1 but very convincingly which in my opinion is more pleasing. But ffs what is the context of that post other you are a delusional and sad individual.
Yet another Gaslighter who responses to comments with insults.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The two above quoted posts ; That will shut a few people up for a week and The only thing that would shut me up is Uncle Clarke giving Gary Johnson and co their P 45s !!!!!!!!!!!! are both pretty ridiculous and a tad pathetic, that's not me trying to offend or wind up, that's just me being honest. The only thing yesterdays result and performance achieved, was unite the fans regardless of whether they've lost confidence in the manager or not, in a sense of relief, this was an absolute 'must win' game if there ever was one, and win is exactly what our team did.

Due to long standing family commitments ,I sadly couldn't make the short trip to Weymouth, but did manage to listen to the whole game on the radio. Of course it's better to have been there, but I got a real feeling from the commentary of our team getting on the front foot from the start and through out , that was very pleasing to hear, in game like the week before the result suggesting it closer than it should have been.

Whilst I'm of course delighted with the result and pass on my congratulations to all concerned, however must be said, like last week it once again leaves me feeling frustrated and with more questions than answers.

Regardless of what our individual opinions are, we can truly only put our hands on our hearts and say, we've only seen two complete performances all season, home v Wealdstone and away v Weymouth, and trust me, there are plenty of sides above us who'd be delighted to have the resources and infrastructure we do have here at TUFC.

Apart from that we've only seen our team perform well in bits and pieces of some games, hasn't been any where near enough or good enough with the resources we do have, again simple honesty.

It really does underline for me that our team, does have the individual ' Ability' to compete with anyone at this level, and for me suggests a far bigger issue within the squad is a lack of 'mentality' to compete week in and out . As said sat the start of my post , whilst we're all celebrating a vital and important win, our team must now build on this, they have to take the same passion and desire into the Stockport game, and the Christmas double header with the very much in-form Yeovil, otherwise it will render yesterdays result and performance totally meaningless, we'll be right back to square one and looking over our shoulders.
Formerly known as forevertufc
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Top tip: the ignore feature on this forum is a thing of beauty...
TUST member 203
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

It took us longer to get home last night than it would have done coming back from Kings lynn but that more to do with the AA having one man and his dog on duty for the whole of Dorset and he had obviously never heard of the A35.That aside what an enjoyable game with as one perosn has already said a very good ref , for a change. Both teams forgot the golden rule, you are at your most vulnerable after you score and if you ever see me at a game wandering off to the toilet stay glued to the game because we will score, that is the third time this season I have missed a goal.
Yesterdays team with the odd change was not that much different to previous games but the players seemed to be full of christmas cheer or had seen the team psychologist and actually believed they were a good team,we were comfortable for long periods without having that killer touch or it would have been five or six. Best player yesterday was the amazing torquay supporters , coming out to an away fixture and seeing that mass would lift any team.
Dawlish Matt, I will not insult you, but why do you continue to post, as you have said many times this season you no longer comes to games, you have in all senses ceased to be a supporter in any shape or form, your continuing rants about Johnson are in the nicest possible way, deluded, please go and find something else to do with your key board.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 08:30 The two above quoted posts ; That will shut a few people up for a week and The only thing that would shut me up is Uncle Clarke giving Gary Johnson and co their P 45s !!!!!!!!!!!! are both pretty ridiculous and a tad pathetic, that's not me trying to offend or wind up, that's just me being honest. The only thing yesterdays result and performance achieved, was unite the fans regardless of whether they've lost confidence in the manager or not, in a sense of relief, this was an absolute 'must win' game if there ever was one, and win is exactly what our team did.

Due to long standing family commitments ,I sadly couldn't make the short trip to Weymouth, but did manage to listen to the whole game on the radio. Of course it's better to have been there, but I got a real feeling from the commentary of our team getting on the front foot from the start and through out , that was very pleasing to hear, in game like the week before the result suggesting it closer than it should have been.

Whilst I'm of course delighted with the result and pass on my congratulations to all concerned, however must be said, like last week it once again leaves me feeling frustrated and with more questions than answers.

Regardless of what our individual opinions are, we can truly only put our hands on our hearts and say, we've only seen two complete performances all season, home v Wealdstone and away v Weymouth, and trust me, there are plenty of sides above us who'd be delighted to have the resources and infrastructure we do have here at TUFC.

Apart from that we've only seen our team perform well in bits and pieces of some games, hasn't been any where near enough or good enough with the resources we do have, again simple honesty.

It really does underline for me that our team, does have the individual ' Ability' to compete with anyone at this level, and for me suggests a far bigger issue within the squad is a lack of 'mentality' to compete week in and out . As said sat the start of my post , whilst we're all celebrating a vital and important win, our team must now build on this, they have to take the same passion and desire into the Stockport game, and the Christmas double header with the very much in-form Yeovil, otherwise it will render yesterdays result and performance totally meaningless, we'll be right back to square one and looking over our shoulders.
Again Dave, great post.
Could have been 5 or 6 yesterday with the shooting boots on....
Similar to Wealdstone.....
I'd also add Chesterfield away - we wern't Real Madrid by any stretch, but we played OK, but the thing that did it for me the the desire to get back in the game and tbh, we deserved to get a point because of it.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

culmstockgull wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 09:46 It took us longer to get home last night than it would have done coming back from Kings lynn but that more to do with the AA having one man and his dog on duty for the whole of Dorset and he had obviously never heard of the A35.That aside what an enjoyable game with as one perosn has already said a very good ref , for a change. Both teams forgot the golden rule, you are at your most vulnerable after you score and if you ever see me at a game wandering off to the toilet stay glued to the game because we will score, that is the third time this season I have missed a goal.
Yesterdays team with the odd change was not that much different to previous games but the players seemed to be full of christmas cheer or had seen the team psychologist and actually believed they were a good team,we were comfortable for long periods without having that killer touch or it would have been five or six. Best player yesterday was the amazing torquay supporters , coming out to an away fixture and seeing that mass would lift any team.
Dawlish Matt, I will not insult you, but why do you continue to post, as you have said many times this season you no longer comes to games, you have in all senses ceased to be a supporter in any shape or form, your continuing rants about Johnson are in the nicest possible way, deluded, please go and find something else to do with your key board.
Hi culmstockgull. I will address the comments you make concerning myself. Yes it's true that I will not be attending any games until the manager leaves as I believe, as manager, Gary Johnson is and has said that he takes full responsibility for the state the club finds itself in. I have supported the club since the early 70s and always will. Over many years we have witnessed some wonderful times and some dreadful times, yet I have loyally followed the team all over the country. What I don't accept is that throughout the bad times and there have been many, Torquay have struggled on the pitch simply because the players haven't been good enough. In my opinion the present squad are satisfactory and should be in the top 10 in the league. At Bromley on the 9th of October, I witnessed something that I have rarely seen in professional football. The whole team were awful and you could tell by the performance and the body language that the players weren't interested. Something obviously happened behind the scenes prior to match. Years ago I was at plainmoor for Don O'Riordan's last game in charge, an 8-1 massacre by Scunthorpe United. In that match Torquay put in the effort, indeed Torquay's Scott Partridge scored the best goal of the game.

As a season ticket holder I very much still support the club and will continue to do so, I simply will not be attending matches home or away until things improve.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Out of interest, does anyone know what's happened to Gabby Rogers? He hasn't even made the bench for the last couple of games. Injured, or severely out of favour?
TUST member 203