January Changes.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 06:43 Southampton Gull, good morning I was expecting your post. I have a question for you. What would you do to fix the crisis at TUFC. You constantly knock people who's opinions are different to yours but never give your opinion. So come on SG, what would you do to sort this mess out?
You obviously have an agenda against GJ and he is the best part of the Club right now, I certainly wouldn't be sacking him. We were destined to be on the back foot this season, most of us realised that after our play off defeat.

You and Teigngull are like the pantomime dames of the forum. When he isn't kissing Merse's sphincter he comes trolling on here. Have you tried puckering up to Merse?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I'm amazed that the narcissists are even acknowledged, such is their attention seeking nonsense. Dawlishprat and his side puppet need to wind their necks in. This is not the time for undermining GJ and the team. Let him get on with it. There is NO better Manager than GJ in this league. We don't know what constraints have been put on him this season, and he is too professional to make excuses. He had very little time to put a team together, and it hasn't panned out, sh1t happens. He now has time (but goes he have the budget?) to improve the squad. After the high of last season and the shortened pre-season I was always going to be happy with a mid-table flirt with the play-offs and maybe a late run into the mix. Most fans are realistic about this, some are just being tw@ts.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 07:14 You obviously have an agenda against GJ and he is the best part of the Club right now, I certainly wouldn't be sacking him. We were destined to be on the back foot this season, most of us realised that after our play off defeat.

You and Teigngull are like the pantomime dames of the forum. When he isn't kissing Merse's sphincter he comes trolling on here. Have you tried puckering up to Merse?
Southampton Gull, you still have not said what you would do to solve this crisis, rather you have said what you wouldn't do. As regards Mr Merson, well i'd rather be in a pit of Rattlesnakes than talking to that man.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Well right at this moment in time there are 16 managers in our league doing a better job than GJ.
Asking pertinent questions is not sucking up to Merses sphincter, the trouble with our club from the chairman right down throughto the majority of supporters is a willingness to accept less than mediocre performances.
When Owers was in charge there was vitriolic abuse left right & centre in this forum, now when anybody who has a set of functioning eyes can see we are heading down the same road.
The management need calling out, CO & GE ,hopefully should be questioning why we are so shit & set a reasonable timeline for improvement ( next 6 games )
If not we are already doomed to NLS again.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I think you've just exposed yourself as the narrow-minded, knee-jerk, fickle tw@t we all know you are. FFS, Gary Johnson is, by far, the best man for this job, given the tools. Has he got the funds? Only he knows, only he will know how to use them, only he will get the best out of this situation. I have NEVER been a Rosetinter, but I can recognise the signs. GJ must be allowed to do the job he, alone, is qualified to do. You have my full support, Mr. Johnson, and I'm sure that the majority of Gulls fans can see the difficulties he's up against. Yes. I will kick the cat when we lose and beat the wife to a pulp (just kidding, the cat dodges and the wife can kick my arse!) However, the reality is that this season was always going to be difficult and one that fine lines would decide our fate.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I don't know why everyone is looking forward to January, there is no restriction on National League clubs (with the exception of Wrexham) signing players at any point of the season.
What can happen though is that EFL clubs (and Wrexham) can try and buy our players in the window. If CLE and Little went in the window I would say we would be in deep shit.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 20:46 I don't know why everyone is looking forward to January, there is no restriction on National League clubs (with the exception of Wrexham) signing players at any point of the season.
Because that's the point when EFL clubs will be looking to bring in new players and get rid of others, which they can't really do at the moment.

As an aside, this talk of getting rid of Gary Johnson is nuts. We're bloody lucky to have a manager of his calibre. The problems we're having are because we didn't recruit well, for various reasons (most of which are not the fault of GJ). Even if one wants to believe that he's recruited poorly and it's his fault, that's not reason enough to get rid of him. That's done and can't be changed. He's recruited very, very well previously and there's no reason to think that he won't again.
TUST member 203
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

So you're saying divingboy, that Gary Johnson cannot be held responsible for the utter dross brought into this club under his tenure ?
Well who's fault is it then?
And who are the recruits that have done very very well I wonder ?
Can you name names?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

He said previously - meaning I would have thought last season and before so for starters , Covolan, Randell, Sherring, Whitfield, Nemane, Wright, Vincent,Janneh,
Kalala........
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Looking at the game today what player is going to want and join a side that is going to be in a relegation fight. It is easy to attract loan players to help a side trying to get promotion a totally different proposition to get players to join a struggling side.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

It would help if the club had a scout with a proven track record of recruitment who didn't recommend people not up to National League level or who spend more time in the treatment room and in the stand than on the pitch.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Spot on
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

TUFC has turned into a Family and Friends business. Players and some staff need to be put on notice.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Each forum has moaners. Those obsessed with getting rid of Gary Johnson are currently having their day. Some seem to be rather enjoying having their day which is probably the reverse of support - but that’s a fine detail. Apart from remarks that seem to be saying I am now being proved right- I have been right all along - look at me I know a lot about football don’t I - none of these people has yet to come up with a suggestion as to how an alternative management can be established and how financially that can be achieved. Could I suggest unless this part of the equation can be laid out so that we can share it all this manufactured gloom is just a tad pointless.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I am amazed at the amount of dead wood currently on the books of Torquay United fc. At present we have 4 youngsters, Olaf Koszela, Alex Moyse, louie Slough and Scott Piper out on loan at lower league clubs, all professional footballers being paid by TUFC. In my opinion these players are a drain on the clubs resources. In addition to this, we have 3 goalkeepers and a goalkeeping coach. We also have a head recruitment in Peter Johnson. Surely a club like ours, a non league club can afford such luxuries.
At present the team are awful and in freefall. Surely these youngsters should be recalled and given a chance, they can't be worse than most of the present squad. If the manager thinks that they are not up to scratch, get rid of them and free up some of the budget to get better players in.
In Gary Johnson's latest post match interview he said that he's having to play players who are not fully fit. This is crazy. Let's hope things change quickly.