Aldershot Town v Torquay United Tues 23 Nov KO 19.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

We are heading towards becoming relegation fodder.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Sack Johnson and you’ll have the same shit squad with a worse manager. Have to back him to sort this mess out.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

My word,
If the GJ out brigade expect Mr Osborne to clear out the management and start afresh…..he won’t.
He’d rather get the he’ll out of it I reckon.
And then what?
Who wants to pour a million quid a year down the drain while being harangued by a new manager for more resources? What a joke.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 17:46 unitedinDevon, why do you insult people when they post different views to your own? In my opinion Teigngull is spot on with his comments as many other regular postings seem to be in agreement with him. Maybe you should take a long good look in the mirror and see if it is not you who sound moronic and deluded my friend.
Dawlish you and Teigngull revel at times like these, you are nowhere to be seen when we win games,

The next few posts after your initial response above seem to be in agreement with me

Im happy to call you out on your postings, don't go crying when you get a response, SNW hit the nail on the head!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

It's at times like these that the bleeding obvious needs to be prominently etched in our minds.
Why are some supporters happy with the notion that
" oh I thought we'd struggle this season "
" it's only to be expected , cuz we was robbed " ?
Once again , a la Hargreaves, Nicholson, Owers we have a squad of players who are not fit for purpose in this league.
As much as I admire Danny Wright for what he did for us last year, that is now history, as of today, he is a perma crock, a 37 year old who just wont cut it again at this level.
Omar !! Not good enough, far too erratic
Holman is past it too
Rogers, signed on the back of two worldies & has done next to nothing since.
Little just hasnt got the sort of player around him to make him shine, hence he's trying far to hard & it's not going for him, despite his excellent goals & assist record.
On, GJ has outed his players shortcomings & made it public they aren't up to the task in hand, so whis outing the management for their shortcomings & inability to put a competitive squad together?
The buck stops right at GJ's door, he signed this shower of shite & he's got to own it plain & simple.
I have no doubt some of you will be apoplectic about this & our Gary can do no wrong, but we just can't be allowed to pootle through this season hoping amongst hope that there are 3 more teams worse than us.
Barnet apparently are crap, Aldershot are even crappier, Southend ? Well theyve done something about it in bringing in John Still to assist.
It'll be an absolute miracle if we survive the drop this season at this rate.
None of us should accept what is going on on the pitch, it just isnt an acceptable reason to say
" we were bound to struggle, it's exactly what I expected "
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

UnitedinDevon, So people like Teigngull who I don't know personally and loves TUFC so much that the guy even has a tattoo of the club on his body and myself who recently spent £ 500 to support the team at Bromley a few weeks ago, " revel at times like these", what a pathetic comment to make. I reckon that you are probably one of those armchair fans who never go to matches and live at home with your parents. You obviously don't go to the games as your pathetic comments you make show.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I understand that views are driven by passion and rarely by reality or fact, especially as this season has been anything but successful, sacking Johnson will achieve nothing and probably in terms of finance result in hiring a replacement team based on that subsquent cost as opposed to experience . I should add that the additional costs will detract from the playing budget such as it is.
We know the club loses money,the crowds each week barely scratch the surface of the wage bill and we rely on a combination of a chairman and the scraps the premier throw at us to keep afloat.
If we are lucky,this is our league for the foreseeable future, geographically, added to what we offer,indicates we cannot ever compete for the best of players. We need an alternative strategy.
Everyone will have a view on whether the chairman on Johnsons recommendation bet the pot on last season's promotion challenge, and subsquently made a conscious decision that this season would be based on survival and hope that next seasons wage cap will even the field.
Johnson is culpable for many failings this season , taking us from the south to near promotion last season gave us all unreasonable expectations that he could do no wrong, we now that to be false, he will rightly take the flack for the poor signings although a greater part of that blame must fall on his brother.
I mentioned before the Aldershot game that come christmas we could and probably will be in a relegation battle, that will not change because of the return of wright and hall.if this becomes anyway near reality I cannot think of anyone better in the dugout than Johnson to get us through till next season.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Shaun Mac and the back 4 are fine, I don't have many concerns with MacDonald, Wynter, Moxey, Lewis & Harry Perritt. I do want to see more width in the attacking areas, not getting that currently. Moxey is 35/36, Wynter is naturally rigid in position.

Lapslie isn't a technical player, nor will he get on the ball and create an opportunity or threaten to score. His heart, commitment and bravery are great if he has an Alex Russell/Jason Fowler like alongside him. I just see Matt Hockey, he won't win the game, but he has his obvious positives & will be better when he is just a water carrier. He is trying to get forward and it's not his strength.

Little is having to be take it by the scruff of the neck and make things happen, he doesn't have the players around him. You see Dimitar Berbatov at Man Utd, he had Scholes, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo. When he was with Bulgaria, he didn't perform as well, his team mates around him were not on his wave length. He's got goals this season, yet in another team Armani Little would bring more. A 3 of Lapslie terrier like sitting, with Little/CLE in advance getting forward please.

Losing Nemane and Whitfield has not been rectified. Last night a left back and left footed centre midfielder, lacking pace, formed our wide options. That was out of necessity, we don't have the money to bring anyone in and the options available don't bring balance to the team. (Chiori isn't a winger, Keelan isn't overly excelling in his first season playing regular men's football) It's no surprise that it goes long in search of a goal, there's no out ball.

Rectifying the lack of balance out wide will help our current struggle, no end. I hope we can find the budget to do that & that GJ is still here to to bring in that person. He goes and it's a young novice ala Nicholson or an older novice ala Gary Owers that replaces him. Might need to move on someone from Omar, Halstead, Asa, Andrews, Wright to free up budget & do that, which seems unlikely. Or else it's an 18 year old with no first team experience, learning on the job again, at best.

Disappointing, but expected us to end up lower mid table, hoping we do now.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

What concerns me is Johnson's mind set. Listening to his reviews of both the Barnet and Aldershot defeats he sounds broken, almost accepting of the decline without any real plan to reverse the poor performances other than consistently infer that his team is not good enough.

I think Mr J really needs someone to help to build his own enthusiasm back up before he can genuinely bring enthusiasm, belief and a will to win to the players .
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

Parkys People wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 10:19 Shaun Mac and the back 4 are fine, I don't have many concerns with MacDonald, Wynter, Moxey, Lewis & Harry Perritt. I do want to see more width in the attacking areas, not getting that currently. Moxey is 35/36, Wynter is naturally rigid in position.

Lapslie isn't a technical player, nor will he get on the ball and create an opportunity or threaten to score. His heart, commitment and bravery are great if he has an Alex Russell/Jason Fowler like alongside him. I just see Matt Hockey, he won't win the game, but he has his obvious positives & will be better when he is just a water carrier. He is trying to get forward and it's not his strength.

Little is having to be take it by the scruff of the neck and make things happen, he doesn't have the players around him. You see Dimitar Berbatov at Man Utd, he had Scholes, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo. When he was with Bulgaria, he didn't perform as well, his team mates around him were not on his wave length. He's got goals this season, yet in another team Armani Little would bring more. A 3 of Lapslie terrier like sitting, with Little/CLE in advance getting forward please.

Losing Nemane and Whitfield has not been rectified. Last night a left back and left footed centre midfielder, lacking pace, formed our wide options. That was out of necessity, we don't have the money to bring anyone in and the options available don't bring balance to the team. (Chiori isn't a winger, Keelan isn't overly excelling in his first season playing regular men's football) It's no surprise that it goes long in search of a goal, there's no out ball.

Rectifying the lack of balance out wide will help our current struggle, no end. I hope we can find the budget to do that & that GJ is still here to to bring in that person. He goes and it's a young novice ala Nicholson or an older novice ala Gary Owers that replaces him. Might need to move on someone from Omar, Halstead, Asa, Andrews, Wright to free up budget & do that, which seems unlikely. Or else it's an 18 year old with no first team experience, learning on the job again, at best.

Disappointing, but expected us to end up lower mid table, hoping we do now.
Some good points you make, I would tell Lapslie to sit and push Little further forward with the goal scoring form hes in