Torquay United v Dover Athletic Sat 13 Nov KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Dover Athletic Sat 13 Nov KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

United host Dover who sit rock bottom on -9 having taken just 3 points from 13 games.

Dover have a goal difference of -22 so this is a great opportunity for United to improve their own goal difference of-4.

This game is the start of 3 games against teams in the bottom half of the Table and a chance to put together some back to back wins and improve on our poor start to the season.

I am going for 4-1 to United. COYY.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Armstrong on international duty so not available!! Interesting to see whose fit. Must win game.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

After 2 weeks without a game, SURELY we have a fit squad!

If we can’t beat Dover at home I’m going to temporarily switch my loyalty to Bristol City for the rest of the season after supporting Torquay for close to 33 years from 5 years old!!
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Little, Lapslie, MacDonald all looking fresh as daisies when spotted in Ilsham Road yesterday. COYY!
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

Let's get behind the lads today COYY 💪
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Hopefully a good performance & result today. If we can be top 10 by February there’s a chance of play offs which should always be our aim at least.

Hoping the initiative today will bring in some more fans for the long term
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 22:13 After 2 weeks without a game, SURELY we have a fit squad!

If we can’t beat Dover at home I’m going to temporarily switch my loyalty to Bristol City for the rest of the season after supporting Torquay for close to 33 years from 5 years old!!
Yeah might as well chuck 33yrs of support in the bin over 1 game, makes sense :-D
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 22:13 After 2 weeks without a game, SURELY we have a fit squad!

Bodes the question can you just switch teams? If so does anyone know someone who has just switched teams over night!
Bristol Gull I fear this might be more difficult than you think😄😄
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Dover are no worse than a mid-table NLS team would be, and we can't even beat one of them in 2 games. Not the end of the world if we don't win, disappointing, yes, but it is Tufc we support, no matter what results come our way.
So off you go, nobody will miss you. We don't need any more fair weather supporters.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

‪Perhaps the ‘curve ball’ in training this week was going 1-0 down to the worst team in the league with the softest goal ever?!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I haven’t supported TUFC for my entire life to abandon them now, but having witnessed a number of bitter disappointments in 33 years of avidly watching Torquay, with such high expectations after last season it’s hard not to feel totally dejected by the lack the quality and heart this year (now epitomised by going down 1-0 to Dover!!)
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 15:09 I haven’t supported TUFC for my entire life to abandon them now, but having witnessed a number of bitter disappointments in 33 years of avidly watching Torquay, with such high expectations after last season it’s hard not to feel totally dejected by the lack the quality and heart this year (now epitomised by going down 1-0 to Dover!!)
Bore off

Little scores with our first shot on target

However we've been dreadful, little and O'Connell poor

Moore is not match fit
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 14:50 Bodes the question can you just switch teams? If so does anyone know someone who has just switched teams over night!
Bristol Gull I fear this might be more difficult than you think😄😄
Yup me. When I moved down here from Burton on Trent, My allegiance shifted from Burton Albion to Torquay almost immediately.
Younonothing
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Younonothing »

Cant believe when motm was said fans boo absolute wankers
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

My observation of Little today is that many of the players are not on his wavelength, he seems to play some cutting balls that the other players aren’t reading.

He’s come into a lot of stick, but I feel he would be seen in a different light if playing alongside higher calibre players.

Set pieces still leave a lot to the imagination but again I question the level of movement and creativity in the box in dead ball situations.

Lastly, I’m sadly not shocked to see another 2 injuries. What do we need to do differently to keep a fit squad?