Wrexham v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Anyone know why Andrews didn't make squad? Is he injured again?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Like so many issues surrounding the players we usually only find out when the team sheet is announced,or a supporter happens to know a particular player and lets something out of the bag that the club would prefer to keep to themselves. the club did not announce the signing of Moore until a certain reporter fronted Johnson with the question, twelve days ago Johnson said Hall was close to fitness, but no sign of him and boy how we need him.What is happening with Wright, what injury does he have, will we see him this side of christmas, these are not confidential issues that will affect promotion or relegation, because neither will bother us this season, with our recent acquisitions it is hard enough for us as supporters to know how we will set up and we watch the team every week so opposing coaches have no chance.
The weekly press conferences are not worth the effort for either the manager or us supporters who have to listen to 20 minutes of nothingness. This is primarily down to the sycophants who supposedly ask questions but have yet to raise one challenging query as long as I can remember. Questions such as, you said several times this season and repeated it after the Wrexham game there were four or five players not playing to the script, are these the same players who have repeatedly failed to listen on countless occasions this season and who are they, why do you persist in letting Little take the free kicks when the only person, apparently on his wavelength is himself. the list of questions is endless. So good luck with your query Fred.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

fred wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 21:04 As said with the opening post really happy with a point tonight! Ruined their party!! An away point on the back of last week's win, with a continually improving squad gives us hope going into the Christmas period!!
Christmas???? :@
It's not even f**king November! :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I see Luke Young came on for the last couple of minutes for Wrexham. Is he on his way back from injury, or have his performances dropped that much, since leaving us? Surely he is better than just a squad player.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Suggest it’s the former. He was their player of the year last year I think.
StockyGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by StockyGull »

So I was sitting in the stand with the Wrexham fans behind all my fellow gulls fan. Can honestly say it was one of the most hostile atmospheres I have had as a fan for a long long time. From the first minute there were several really aggresive angry men. I was never going to let on I was a torquay fan as honestly didn't feel safe anyway. When we scored so much stuff was thrown and I did report one guy next to me to steward who chucked him out. I really hope Wrexham are punished as the behaviour was horrendous.

Football while has undoutedly improved over the years still has a long way to go. So many angry angry people attend games, it's just a game for gods sake. Don't think it is helped by players behaviour on pitch, some pundits (Roy Keane in particular) , fan channels who push the angry person to the front and peoples acceptance that is the way to act. Nearly every other sport doesn't have the behavior you see at football matches.

On the game it didn't exactly fill me with confidence for the rest of the season. 1st half was awful even if Wrexham weren't that wonderful themselves. In the 2nd half it was better but I can only think of 2 chances the entire match. It was just long ball and long throws and hope they pay off. Thought defending was decent and Mcdonald in goal I was always confident in. Definately a point gained though and lets hope we can win the next few matches against lower sides.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 11:58 Christmas???? :@
It's not even f**king November! :}
Only six games until Christmas Day….

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

grockle wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 16:22 I see Luke Young came on for the last couple of minutes for Wrexham. Is he on his way back from injury, or have his performances dropped that much, since leaving us? Surely he is better than just a squad player.
He's been injured. I think he was one of two Wrexham players to get injured in that aborted game against Aldershot.

Somewhat hilariously, the rearrangement of that game to Nov 9th means that it'll the third game of Paul Mullin's suspension. He'd scored in the game that never was!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest