Havant & Waterlooville V Torquay United Wed 20 Oct KO 19.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 11:59 SuperNickyWroe, as only 3 teams are relegated from the National league this season and Dover look nailed on for relegation this season, I don't think we will be relegated this season. I do however believe that Torquay will finish in the bottom 6 this season if Gary Johnson remains in charge all season.
Unfortunately I don't give donations to charity due to corruption but I love a challenge. I suggest that we have a bet that if Gary Johnson remains manager until the end of the season, Torquay will finish it the bottom 6. I'm willing to pay the full cost of a family up to 5 the entrance fee to a home match. Are you up for it SNW?
Why don't you stick to what you say first instead of (as usual) moving the goalposts?
You said that we would be relegated with GJ in charge, but now we'll be in the bottom six?
Make your mind up FFS.
As for "corruption" re charities that is unbelievable.
Take the £50 bet or as desparado says put that thing you offered out there to everyone. I'm sure you'll have some takers.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

As a layperson, it is my humble opinion that Gary Johnson is, if not the best, one of the best managers in the National League.

I would suggest that the problem lies with another Johnson, his brother, Peter. I am not sure what qualifications he possesses as a scout, but he has proved as effective as Norway's entries into the Eurovision Song Contest. Several of last season's recruits spent more time on the treatment table and in the stands than they did on the pitch and there seems to be a similar scenario this season. If he were not the manager's brother he would have been gone long ago.

My advice would be for the club to invest in a highly experienced chief scout with widespread knowledge of players in Leagues 1 & 2 and the three National Leagues.

As an aside,may I be the first to apply for the position of third choice 'keeper when Marcin Brzozowski leaves. This isn't a rant against him, but I would like to be earning his salary for collecting a few balls at training and sitting in the stand at the weekend.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 21:13
I would suggest that the problem lies with another Johnson, his brother, Peter. If he were not the manager's brother he would have been gone long ago.

My advice would be for the club to invest in a highly experienced chief scout with widespread knowledge of players in Leagues 1 & 2 and the three National Leagues.
Peter Johnson comes as part of a set with Gary Johnson. Do you think at his time of life, when his Football career is coming to an end Gary Johnson would risk a family feud by not sticking by his brother who has served him well in the pass.
If as you suggest the club sack Pete Johnson then Gary Johnson will almost certainly resign.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 09:37 Peter Johnson comes as part of a set with Gary Johnson. Do you think at his time of life, when his Football career is coming to an end Gary Johnson would risk a family feud by not sticking by his brother who has served him well in the pass.
If as you suggest the club sack Pete Johnson then Gary Johnson will almost certainly resign.
.....And that is the very reason Gary left Yeovil. They had the same concerns about his brother, so sacked BOTH.

I think Gary as a Manager is the best in the League and with a decent recruiting set up would be even better. Although it is never going to happen, he is not going to kick his sibling into the long grass.