Loan Players

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

So when his contract runs out will he have to leave? Hopefully as he always looks threatening for them!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The F.A 's policy on signing players from the EU only extends to the premier league and the Football league, a player needs 15 qualifying points under the new points based immigration system, they need a GBE from the FA I believe and a certificate of sponsorship from the club, none of this applies to the non-league pyramid, I believe I'm right in saying a non-league club can not issue a certificate of sponsorship.

It's almost certainly the case that Rodrigues at Notts County obtained his own GBE allowing him to remain a Notts County player under, either pre-settled or settled status as he was working in England prior to the country leaving.

Not trying to turn this into a political post, in reality apart from the non-league Brexit has brought little change to the English game, there was 'NO' free movement prior to the Treaty of Maastricht in 1992. English clubs brought in players from Europe and around globe before free movement, after 1st January 1993 up until Brexit in 2020 clubs still required work permits for players signed from the African, American, Asian, and European non EU member states, for most players signing for a premier league club a GBE will be automatic.

The ending of free movement shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, it most be remembered for a start that the English FA is far more liberal than many EU member states national F,A'S many who apply quotas on the amount of foreign players clubs can have, where our F,A doesn't.

So young talented home grown players will no longer be side-lined because clubs can bring in a fully developed player from abroad for a third of the cost, of developing their own players, as it is now harder for clubs below the premier league to sign EU born and based players.

So this can benefit TUFC and other clubs at our level, as many EFL clubs strive to develop their own talent the pool of young players available in the loan market should grow.

So why hasn't Gary Johnson gone into the loan market ? Well the answer in my opinion lays in the summer recruitment, the signing of the likes of Martin, Lolos, O'Connell, Rogers and Omar most of these players came straight from U23 football, it does irritate me when I see the comments written about these players, it's got nothing to do with, them being up to standard or not, these are very young raw players with limited senior experience, they're all talented with stacks of potential, but need time.

The problem for me lays squarely in our squad being in-balanced, we've got very little between a crop of very raw young players, and Wright, Moxey and Hall, who are and lets cut to the chase, one step past their best days, those players listed do not have it in their bodies or their legs to play 4 + games per calendar month.

There would absolutely no point what so ever for Gary Johnson to go into the loan market now, as the only avenue open to him would be U23 players, he has that in abundance already in the squad, what he needs are players 29-32 year age group who can take the pressure off the Hall's and Moxey's and bridge the gap, those players will 'NOT' be available until the January window opens, when League1,2 clubs make players who will not offered new contracts available for permanent or loan moves.

The key here is patience, this season is likely to be in-between, next season with the right blend of useable experience and our younger players with more development time under their belts, we could very well see our team flying again.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

In reply to Chelston TUFC Rodrigues signed for Notts County on 7 August 2020 after we formally left the EU on 31 January 2020.

He actually signed from a Dutch 2nd Division Club.

I suspect but do not know for sure that Rodrigues got his Permit due to the Transition Period after we formerly left the EU. The Transition Period ended on 31 December 2020.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

forevertufc I agree with nearly everything you say but I do feel that the saying "if you are good enough you are old enough" very much applies to Footballers.

When Emma Radacuna won the US Open Tennis Championship she was 18 but she won because she had the game to win against all the odds.

When Adam Randell arrived he looked very young and slight of build but he was a First Team regular almost immediately and virtually an ever present.

The same with Sam Sherring he established him self very quickly.

So I feel given we have not one single loan player Gary could act now as it is 11 long weeks to January 1st.

Reminds me of the saying "time waits for no man"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Not trying to be too political but " The ending of free movement shouldn't be seen as a bad thing," I know you were looking at it from just a football angle but overall the ending of free movement is a bloody disaster !! It not only stops people from coming here but stops us going there !!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

Or just maybe, we are writing this season off - can’t compete with the big spenders like Stockport, County, Wrexham. We are waiting for the wage cap to kick in while the youngsters gain their experience, and go all out for promotion next season.

We are not relegation candidates so will settle for mid table this time. And a bloody good FACup run!!
TUST member 200 ;-)
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Just announced: Accrington defender, Harry Perritt, has been brought in on loan.
TUST member 203
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Harry Perritt has been told by Sam Sherring that his experience at TUFC was all positive.

Lets hope that Harry is as good as Sam. Great opportunity to prove himself lets hope he takes it.

One thing is for sure he will be fit as John Coleman at Accy is a top Manager.

Harry Pell ex Cheltenham is a pal of Aaron Downes so again a good plug from Harry Pell to Harry Perritt!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He's also completely inexperienced, has suffered a broken arm and broken ankle, and by his own admission has suffered some mental health issues as a result of his injuries.

Whatever he was told by Sam Sherring is irrelevant. Last seasons team was a completely different beast to this season's which lacks ability, lacks morale, and basically lacks everything else.

I actually fear for the new loanee.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

brucie wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 17:44 He's also completely inexperienced, has suffered a broken arm and broken ankle, and by his own admission has suffered some mental health issues as a result of his injuries.

Whatever he was told by Sam Sherring is irrelevant. Last seasons team was a completely different beast to this season's which lacks ability, lacks morale, and basically lacks everything else.

I actually fear for the new loanee.
Sadly the only thing Torquay are not lacking brucie is a manager 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

brucie I agree Perritt is inexperienced but I think he could be a good signing because John Coleman awarded him a 2 year contract in the summer which suggests he really rates the player.

Time will tell but I think young Harry will see this as a great opportunity to get his career on track and every minute on the pitch will be beneficial.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Sinclair Armstrong from QPR joins Torquay on loan:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-ne ... an-181021/
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

budegull1954 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 15:02 Sinclair Armstrong from QPR joins Torquay on loan:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-ne ... an-181021/
I hope we do not expect Sinclair Armstrong to be the answer to all our prayers. He only celebrated his 18th birthday in late June - he is just a kid with no experience.

He may very well be star of the future but he will need help. I just wonder where that is coming from, within the Club.

I would like to welcome him to Plainmoor and hope he is an instant hit. If he is a fast, strong, skillful centre forward and scores goals, I will be very happy. I would start him against Kings Lynn, to see what he is made of. He has to be better than what we have produced in the League so far.

Good luck Sinclair, I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

COYY.