Chesterfield v Torquay United 25/09/21

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Brucie, you’re criticising a player who scored twice against us. You’re also judging how good he is on one game where he scored twice against us. His goal scoring record speaks for itself, he had plenty of EFL offers so maybe he’s climbing the ladder slower so he can carry on improving, rather than sitting on the bench at Bolton.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I agree with Brucie in so far as there is obviously big money available and their manager will be adjudged the fool if Chesterfield start to stumble.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

with these latest Gary time goals i think we could create a fairly sizable montage with them all!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well the god like Tshimanga certainly did the business for his club last night as they were well and truly spanked by the mighty Woking.

Won't be long before Chesterfield can't afford to pay their players again.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

brucie wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 10:21 Well the god like Tshimanga certainly did the business for his club last night as they were well and truly spanked by the mighty Woking.

Won't be long before Chesterfield can't afford to pay their players again.
You mean the mighty Woking who 'spanked' us even more; 4-0 at home.

And you called me a fool.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

In a tight game the first goal is the most important one and we put it on a plate for them. Shaun is the best keeper on our books but I think that he should have pushed it on into a wide position or caught it. The keeper coach should get Shaun practicing angled crosses to get him to improve on this. The second goal O'Connel was not tight enough and made it easy for the striker. Everyone did brilliant to claw back a draw.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 15:36 Shaun is the best keeper on our books but I think that he should have pushed it on into a wide position or caught it. The keeper coach should get Shaun practicing angled crosses to get him to improve on this.
Totally agree with you here, said it myself McDonald could have done better with their first goal , to expand though, his decision to come out and try and get a strong hand on the ball in my opinion was correct, it was the technique in the parry that was all wrong, should have been pushing the ball wide, instead dollied it straight back into the danger area, I will say think catching it was out of question though, but MacDonald is nothing more than an average keeper at this level, and that's what we're going to, have to expect.

But as you say he is the best we have at the moment, it's clear for all to see the defence as looked a lot more secure since MacDonald has been back, the team are no longer conceding one poxy goal after another since MacDonald has been back at the club, that's something to be thankful for.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I, for the life don't understand why some seem to have felt the need, to start a personal vendetta against Tshimanga. MacDonald hid the ball up his short, when I posted that, was never being critical MacDonald for doing so, gamesmanship, shithousery, call it want you what, all teams do it, look at Villa V Utd Saturday with the penalty.

However Tshimanga reaction was understandable also (what would we have said, if the boot was on the other foot) he'd scored twice and his team mates should have closed the team out, pretty sure watching his team mates concede twice in the last 4 minutes would have been enough to cause more than a little frustration inside, no need to miss spell his name, or refer to him as not god enough because of it, that's embarrassing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

forevertufc wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 08:30 I, for the life don't understand why some seem to have felt the need, to start a personal vendetta against Tshimanga. ..............no need to miss spell his name, or refer to him as not god enough because of it, that's embarrassing.
Pure sour grapes of the part of some of our supporters. I agree with you totally and it doesn't reflect well on the maturity of some posters.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Noone is saying he isn't good enough, and if he kicked off - well its quite amusing.

Funny how one of the key swings in the game was caused by Tshimonaga and the lazy Danny Rowe failing to close down our central defenders so they were able to play the ball out of defence continually at the end of the match.

In fact both players were just as culpable for the loss of the lead as the remaining 9 of Chesterfield players so absolving him of any blame for them not winning is absurd.

How is it sour grapes? they didn't win the game. If Toshiminga chose to make a **** of himself on national tv thats a matter for him surely.

The likes him, Mullins, Rowe, Madden are under the spotlight because they are big money players - questioning whether they are worth the sort of money they are getting seems reasonable to me, and hardly seems like a vendetta.

There are other players in the league producing just as good returns ie Waters, Umerah and Josh Walker (who didn't cost anything)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Personally (and I was there) didn't have a problem with Mc putting the ball up his shirt at the end to waste time.
They were wasting time as soon as they scored the 2nd goal and got a taste of their own medicine which they - and Tshimanga in particular didn't like.
The ref did well on this occasion as he kept pointing to his watch to indicate that he was adding time on for their timewasting - nice to see. :)
If they had played "normally" then we wouldn't have got 5mins of Gary Time (tm)..... :rules: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest