Notts County v Torquay United Sat 28 August KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

DB57 wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 14:03 What exactly has Cameron done wrong?
We offered him a contract, he got a better offer and took it. It happens all the time in football and all walks of life.
Fact is he’s no better than NL standard so if he can enhance his and his families standard of living with a sideways move then good luck to him.
If GJ wanted him to stay that much he should have offered a better deal.
Time for everyone to move on and focus on the here and now.
:goodpost: Someone has to say it. Like you say time to move on and stop having this and Woking living in our heads.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Cameron has become the latest pantomime villain. I'm sure he is big enough and smart enough to know it's just football banter and will thrive in the role against us. Football isn't a tickling competition, and players can handle it. I can remember when Robbie Savage played against us in a pre season friendly, he took dog's abuse. The Pop were chanting at him, "where's your caravan"? He turned round and told us, "it's in Monaco, next to my yacht!" Brilliant!
Let's not over egg this. Cam will use it to motivate himself and take it in the spirit it's made.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

Well that was a day out. Just got out of my ice bath as I and probably half the fans were cramping up in that second half, such was the magnificent vocal support given for the cause. A good half of it was directed at Cameron, and to a lesser extent Nemane. Such Schadenfreude was inevitable and the fans used every last tool in the box to get under their skins to get us over the line, so ends justified the means. However, yes we have to let it go and very surprised GJ didn’t rise above it.
Cam did give us good service whilst here and can now probably afford a mortgage rather than living in the lodge and riding a push bike to work. Let’s not throw our toys out the prank. A silent welcome home would hurt much more.
The Groundhopper
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Paul Dobson

Post by The Groundhopper »

Hi guys,
Blog from a Nottingham based Lincoln City fan who was at Meadow Lane yesterday:

https://stickypalms.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... nited.html

Good luck
TimC
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TimC »

Spot on Cockney Cockers. Great effort from players, so much better than last week.

Bit concerned that some of the players looked absolutely shattered at the end with Woking coming up.

Still think we need one more up top with pace to burn and obviously a CB in defence, but the doom and gloom after Altrincham has left me.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

We defended superbly and the Highlights showed great commitment from the lads.

I think it was a red for Omar. He was too slow to recover and took a huge risk with the tackle.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest