Torquay United v Chippenham Town Sat 7 August KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Chippenham Town Sat 7 August KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

United host Chippenham in what will be our penultimate PSF before we kick off our National League Season 2 weeks today against Altrincham.

The purpose of all PSF's is to get the players match fit but I suspect Gary will play a strong team today with no more triallists and be looking for a good performance from his players.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

United 2 nil up after 72 minutes.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

3 nil FT.

Wright Holman and 30 yard rocket from a triallist.

Very good performance by all accounts.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

portugull wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 16:56 3 nil FT.

Wright Holman and 30 yard rocket from a triallist.

Very good performance by all accounts.
Trialist is apparently the same player (Gabby Rogers) who scored that worldly against us in the Tiverton game.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

TUFCfan wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 17:14 Trialist is apparently the same player (Gabby Rogers) who scored that worldly against us in the Tiverton game.
It was. Superb player. Absolute quality. So assured and skillful on the ball. His goal was an absolute cracker. I hope we sign him.

Holman impressed once again. A very canny player who consistently manages to put himself in exactly the right place time after time.
TUST member 203
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

https://x.com/TUFC1899/status/1424034509310337024

Much better performance today and if Holman continues to get sharper this could be a great signing, he's comfortable on the ball and wants to link up the attack

Good to also see O'connell play wide, he looked better out there and put in a good cross for DW to score

I think we are now in the loan signing business - i wouldnt mind a CB, winger, striker to bolster options
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

I hope Gary signs Gabby (trialist A) up as soon as he left the pitch. Looked quality on the ball and hungry for it. Great strike as well.
There is obviously more to him as he didn’t make it at Yeovil and has been without a NL club since. Worth a punt and see if GJ can work his magic.
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

A quick bit of research show Gaby Rogers was born in Torquay and started with the academy in 2011 until it closed in 2015. Then he went to Exeter. So local lad who could definitely be worth a punt.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by smw1989 »

I get more enthused and excited by signings like this than I do with the signings of the experienced pros
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

smw1989 wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 20:50 I get more enthused and excited by signings like this than I do with the signings of the experienced pros
I agree although have to admit I am excited about the signing of Chiori Johnson. Not sure how he has slipped through the net. After he left Bolton a number of sides in England and Scotland were looking at him to strengthen their defensive options as Johnson fitted the bill due to his availability on a free transfer and his versatility in that he can play in several positions. Difficult to understand why he was not picked up by a league club as he came through the youth ranks at Arsenal and signed a professional contract at the Emirates in 2015. That is is no mean feat as Arsenal's Academy is one of England's most successful, winning seven FA Youth Cups together with six Premier Academy League titles altogether.

Well we have got him now - a defender, who can play anywhere across the backline is a managers dream.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Highlights
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Rio Doherty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The pub

Post by Rio Doherty »

Hello all, Chester FC supporter here.
I’m currently on a week-long holiday in Torquay so I went on a groundhop to your game on Saturday, in what was my second visit to Plainmoor having attended the 1-1 fixture between Torquay and Chester in September 2017. I have compiled a match vlog which shows all of the goals plus much more, so feel free to watch if you wish:

I will also be attending the AFC Bournemouth Under-23 match later on so check out for another vlog on that encounter too! Best of luck to you for the upcoming season.
Thanks, Rio Doherty.
Chester FC supporter and volunteer with a soft spot for Torquay