Pre Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Pre Season

Post by Kingsgull83 »

When do we start back pre season?
The club is silent on everything playing wise at the moment!
Lots of other clubs look as if they have been back this week or before. What are we thinking??
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Not sure we have enough players to make up a six a side at the moment unless the office staff make up the numbers.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Kingsgull83 most clubs finished their season on Sat 29th May. We finished on Sunday 20th June 3 weeks later.

We play Poole Town on Sat 24 July so I guess we return next Monday 19th July after just 4 weeks. Must be a record short Pre Season break.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Done 3 weeks of our pre-season 1st to 20th June - then we have 5 weeks from 19 July to start of season. Our long season endlessly pushed our players bodies to the the edge and squeezed all the fuel out of them. They will have run out of reserves by the end of the play off final and really deserved an extended training break. Regrettably, they only get a four-week break not nearly enough rest and recovery time. Even the training process takes a significant toll on the body so I would expect to see a gradual adaption to peak fitness pre-season as the players will still good physical shape .
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

No criticism on my part just curious, I am sure GJ has it all in hand and plenty of exciting signings to come.
Looking forward to taking in some pre season games
COYY
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

Quick question - how hard or easy is it likely to be to get tickets for the pre-season games? Thinking of visiting Devon next week for a few days and would like to see one of the games.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I will be going to Poole on saturday now so look forward to see us playing again.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

PaulBreen wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:20 Quick question - how hard or easy is it likely to be to get tickets for the pre-season games? Thinking of visiting Devon next week for a few days and would like to see one of the games.
Details here.

Should be easy to obtain but need to buy in advance.
I imagine Plymouth will bring a fair few so should be decent crowd for that one.

https://torquayunited.com/pre-season-ar ... plainmoor/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I see the club state that Article 48 of the UEFA Statutes precludes streaming of our match against Chippenham Town on August 7th.

This is the day the broadcasting blackout exemption ceases (EFL season starts)

My understanding of the rule is that in the UK, matches are prohibited from being broadcast between 14:45 and 15:15 on Saturdays to protect participation in grassroots football and the gate receipts for lower league clubs.

Couple of points: I would have thought gate receipts would have been enhanced (but stand to be corrected on this) and why did they not just move the kick-off time to 3.30 pm to live stream.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

They could probably find a way around that UEFA mandate if they wanted to, but it's in the hands of the National League. They basically decided to ignore that rule for last season, and it was great.

I had emailed the club to ask about this (I would buy a season ticket if it meant I could stream games) but they said they were waiting for the NL to make a decision. This is the NL, after all, so I don't expect them to do anything helpful.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

standupsitdown wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 19:00 Details here.

Should be easy to obtain but need to buy in advance.
I imagine Plymouth will bring a fair few so should be decent crowd for that one.

https://torquayunited.com/pre-season-ar ... plainmoor/
Thanks for that.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 19:45 I see the club state that Article 48 of the UEFA Statutes precludes streaming of our match against Chippenham Town on August 7th.

This is the day the broadcasting blackout exemption ceases (EFL season starts)

My understanding of the rule is that in the UK, matches are prohibited from being broadcast between 14:45 and 15:15 on Saturdays to protect participation in grassroots football and the gate receipts for lower league clubs.
The UEFA broadcasting black out for England is actually 14.45 to 17.15.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

happytorq wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 19:52 They could probably find a way around that UEFA mandate if they wanted to, but it's in the hands of the National League. They basically decided to ignore that rule for last season, and it was great.
They didn't "basically decide to ignore the rule" for last season. The Football Association approached UEFA and asked for the rule to be lifted under exceptional circumstances and UEFA agreed.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Anyone going to Poole who wouldn’t mind sharing our line up and comments on new players … it would be much appreciated.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Gull in black wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 14:30 Anyone going to Poole who wouldn’t mind sharing our line up and comments on new players … it would be much appreciated.
Here's the #tufc side to take on Poole Town this afternoon:

1. Halstead, 2. Wynter, 4. Lapslie, 5. Omar, 9. Wright, 16. O'Connell, 19. Lolos, 21. Moxey, 26. Slough, 14. Trialist A, 15. Trialist B.

Subs: Brzozowski, Little, Koszela, Piper, Moyse, Lewis, Martin.

Interested to know who is Trialist A & B