Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Eastwood Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruce Stuckey

Post by Eastwood Gull »

Just watching Covolan in a friendly against Forest and the first shot on goal he never even smelt it, brilliant goal
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Eastwood Gull wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 15:17 Just watching Covolan in a friendly against Forest and the first shot on goal he never even smelt it, brilliant goal
Also good to see an ex-Gulls Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season in the form of Nathan Smith.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

desperado wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 13:04 What on earth are you talking about Jpr ?
Did you watch all of Covolans performances over the second half of the season when he reclaimed his place after injury ? He was almost faultless in all areas of his game , thats why he's gone up a level.
Maybe you know more about rugby than football with a name like yours !

He is Not a very good keeper, tall yes but can catch a ball in the air, does not command his box, his positioning for shots is wrong (to flat on his line) and the list keeps going. Rugby is not my game goal keeper was.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Tomorrow seems like Christmas morning with seven presents under the tree, I know there will be one or two that I've just wanted but also know that there will be hankies and socks😟.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Jpr wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 08:52
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

frenchgull wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 10:15 Tomorrow seems like Christmas morning with seven presents under the tree, I know there will be one or two that I've just wanted but also know that there will be hankies and socks😟.
More like being the youngest in a large family and getting all the hand-me-downs everyone else has outgrown. :whistle:
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Luke Moleneux from Hartlepool is a target but he may cost us a fee. Decent player.
MattTUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MattTUFC »

Todays the day here we go !!!🥳🥳
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

It’s possible that the first will be announced at 11.40
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

This day has been stage managed to within an inch of its life,I for one am not a fan, as a commercial opportunity it lost its clout three weeks ago, the majority of people who were going to buy a season ticket will have done it it when it was 15 per cent cheaper, having spent yesterday afternoon trolling through the NPL rules I still cannot find any reason why these so called signings are so special or different as to preclude us announcing them weeks ago other than we did not wont to pay their wages, are they any differnt to the other 22 clubs in our league who seemed to have signed shed fulls in the last three weeks, I do not think so .
The K Man
Trialist
Trialist

Post by The K Man »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 11:25 This day has been stage managed to within an inch of its life,I for one am not a fan, as a commercial opportunity it lost its clout three weeks ago, the majority of people who were going to buy a season ticket will have done it it when it was 15 per cent cheaper, having spent yesterday afternoon trolling through the NPL rules I still cannot find any reason why these so called signings are so special or different as to preclude us announcing them weeks ago other than we did not wont to pay their wages, are they any differnt to the other 22 clubs in our league who seemed to have signed shed fulls in the last three weeks, I do not think so .
You can still buy season tickets cheaper until 23 July. I'd say it's perfectly managed from a perspective of getting excitement with a few days of the season ticket window left.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

i don't think news of signings necessarily equates to extra season ticket sales, and the tardy announcement is probably because these will be mostly loanees and what amounts to no-name chumps on 'prove yourself' deals. GJ has done a good job of that sort of thing before - rather than going for big name signings.

personally, i quite like the approach of doing a big reveal.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

smw1989 wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 10:49 It’s possible that the first will be announced at 11.40
or maybe 1240
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Here we go - Link to all todays signings.

https://torquayunited.com/live-text-manicmonday/
Last edited by kevgull on 19 Jul 2021, 13:18, edited 2 times in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Close time wise. I just wish they would announce them all rather than drip feeding it out. Marcin Brzozowski re-signs from QPR.... i would suggest one more for the future although certainly has potential. Hopefully the number 2 goalkeeper else I will be getting a little bit concerned !
The rest will have to wait to tonight now.