Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

rivieratouch wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 20:28 New goalkeeper on Monday to be unveiled as Mark Halstead, released by Morecambe fc. Been trialling at Oldham, but been informed he's on his way here
Halstead would be a decent signing. Seem to remember he had an impressive run in the Morecambe side a couple seasons ago.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

rivieratouch wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 20:28 New goalkeeper on Monday to be unveiled as Mark Halstead, released by Morecambe fc. Been trialling at Oldham, but been informed he's on his way here
When the above quote was originally posted Mark Halstead's Wikipedia page did indeed say he had signed for Torquay. Now several hours later that has disappeared from his Wikipedia page, make of that what you will.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

seven new players to be unveiled on monday according to the OS
still keeping the faith
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

TUFCfan wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 23:33 Halstead would be a decent signing. Seem to remember he had an impressive run in the Morecambe side a couple seasons ago.
30 years old, 9 clubs in 12 seasons, never established himself as No.1 at any of those clubs. I'm not expecting any great shakes if it is him.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

bixieupnorth wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 09:45 seven new players to be unveiled on monday according to the OS
IF they turn up at training :scarf:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 10:58 30 years old, 9 clubs in 12 seasons, never established himself as No.1 at any of those clubs. I'm not expecting any great shakes if it is him.
He is an experienced decent all round goalkeeper and is better than the level we play in - what's not to like. You must have been incensed when we signed Covolan - same age (30) who is now with his 9th club in 12 seasons - never quite made the grade at Whitehawk or Lewes FC but did establish himself as No1 at Worthing FC before coming to Torquay.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 10:58 30 years old, 9 clubs in 12 seasons, never established himself as No.1 at any of those clubs. I'm not expecting any great shakes if it is him.
Dear me, thanks for your positive thoughts
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 00:11
When the above quote was originally posted Mark Halstead's Wikipedia page did indeed say he had signed for Torquay. Now several hours later that has disappeared from his Wikipedia page, make of that what you will.
Make nothing of it; it was me who removed the entry, since it's unsourced and yet to be announced by...anybody.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

You might be right in being underwhelmed, but it looks like he had 4or 5 loans when he was just a kid at Blackpool. Since leaving Blackpool, it seems his only clubs have been Shrewsbury and Morecambe in the last 6 years. That said, i'm only assuming his wili page is correct, so i'll be judging on what i see and not what i have read.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Mark Halstead and Bristol City under 23 Harvey Wiles Richards going to be the keepers

Speculation of Benji and Tyrees Dyce joining us on loan. Be interesting to see if the 7 we announce are all our players and the loans come later on?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 14:43 Mark Halstead and Bristol City under 23 Harvey Wiles Richards going to be the keepers
If that is the case then surely Wiles-Richards will be the first choice keeper, otherwise why would Bristol City loan him to us just to sit on the bench.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 21:43 If that is the case then surely Wiles-Richards will be the first choice keeper, otherwise why would Bristol City loan him to us just to sit on the bench.

Well let’s hope they are better than the last two we had, if one of the new keepers can command there box, come out and catch crosses and corners and have more influence in one to one situations, and not get over excited when releasing the ball, and not have a Daft spell in a game, then that keeper will be better than the two we had.
Then as long as that keeper plays consistently to that level week in week out then that will be better for the squad, basically do all the things that the other two Could not do.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

If we get a keeper that did all the above he would be in League 2 or above not in the National League
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

What on earth are you talking about Jpr ?
Did you watch all of Covolans performances over the second half of the season when he reclaimed his place after injury ? He was almost faultless in all areas of his game , thats why he's gone up a level.
Maybe you know more about rugby than football with a name like yours !
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Agree with you 100% desperado. Covolan was superb second half of the season. As you say, there is a reason he has gone up to the EFL.