Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think Liam Davis had an injury which was career ending, as for Nelson, it easy to boast of what might of been, I think he arrived partially crocked and went down hill from there.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly we need to accept some of our better players are leaving, but to be expected after a playoff defeat. This is quite normal and the rebuild begins.

Are we behind other clubs with recruitment, maybe. This may result in a sluggish start, but I strongly believe a top seven finish will be achieved, leaving us three games away from the 'Promised Land'.

In Gary and the managerial team we trust. Keep believing.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Gary tried to pay Davis off at Christmas, when it was apparent that he would not play again this season. It maybe he never plays again with the injury he had.

Davis wanted paying in full, which he was entitled to and was in his contract. Unfortunately, it did not help the Club. We wish Davis well in his career, which may now be management.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Is this the same factual information as when you told us that Danny Wright wasn't going to play in the play offs, yet then scored two in the semi finals and then played 120 minutes in the final? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

brucie wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 23:12 Is this the same factual information as when you told us that Danny Wright wasn't going to play in the play offs, yet then scored two in the semi finals and then played 120 minutes in the final? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I said that Wright would not feature but he was recalled partly to appease the fans. He was not 100% fit. All credit to the medical staff who got him as fit as possible. He certainly showed
what we had been missing by scoring within 30 seconds against Notts County, scoring another in an excellent performance. Against Hartlepool, unsurprisingly he did not look as sharp. IF he stays fit, he will be our top scorer next season.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

North Curry House wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 09:03 I said that Wright would not feature but he was recalled partly to appease the fans. He was not 100% fit. All credit to the medical staff who got him as fit as possible. He certainly showed
what we had been missing by scoring within 30 seconds against Notts County, scoring another in an excellent performance. Against Hartlepool, unsurprisingly he did not look as sharp. IF he stays fit, he will be our top scorer next season.
So you were wrong then.
And that I don't believe.
GJ would not do that - Danny was obviously picked because he was fit.
As Brucie has said, he played 90 mins in the Semi and then 120mins in the Final.
Someone who wasn't 100% fit wouldn't have managed that.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He was also totally wrong about Steve Breed. There's an obvious pattern emerging 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

He?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I am informed that Bradford City 'agree' deal to sign Ben Whitfield.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

By who?

Only himself and the club potentially signing him know.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Taelee73 wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 10:31 By who?

Only himself and the club potentially signing him know.
"By who?" If it weren't a secret I'd be able to tell you!

Only your latter comment - I can only refer to the 'Streisand effect' until the the deal is officially announced
The K Man
Trialist
Trialist

Post by The K Man »

MellowYellow wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 09:46 I am informed that Bradford City 'agree' deal to sign Ben Whitfield.
Yes, I heard the same thing 2 days ago.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I'm going to start posting vague rumours in the hope that I'll get one right and look clever.

Whitfield to Wycombe!
Nemane to Newport!
Little to Leyton Orient!

(what, I like alliteration)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Well yesterday there was rumour going around that Bradford City had no interest in signing. Ben Whitfield. Who to believe?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

He failed his medical