Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

SWgull wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 09:59 :whip: Replaceable.
they're all replaceable of course. He was a big part of a season for us which exceeded expectations. As such I would rather he stayed. Each time one of these lads leaves - it does make you wonder about what could have been had one or both of his 'goals' on Sunday stood.

That said, I'm sure GJ has a plan.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

With, so far, two quick outs. I think the club will announce some good news fairly quick to steady the ship and calm the nerves. The season comes around fast and Divs 1 and 2 start back soon. That puts the pressure on players decisions. News should be fast and furious over the next 10 days. Wouldn't mind seeing Frankie Vincent return.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Connor on the way?
This is getting worrying
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Bert wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 11:49 Connor on the way?
This is getting worrying
What is your source??
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

What’s Janneh doing these days? Still contracted to BC? He would be the perfect foil for Danny Wright
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

Bert wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 11:49 Connor on the way?
This is getting worrying
According to Torbay Weekly Connor is under contract for next season and I can't see any club having enough money to buy him in the current climate
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Looking at mostly Facebook comments, I think everyone needs to just take a step back and calm down for a moment. Can’t begrudge any players leaving to play a higher level of football… but so far the only confirmed players leaving apart from the released are Covolan and Cameron. 2 players that although are the best in their positions in our club, they’re very easily replaceable. Cameron only got back into the side as a target man winger he wasn’t gonna knock sherring or Lewis out the side the way they were playing.

Think this time last year, most people (couldn’t believe what I was reading personally) thought Mac should be number 1 and Kyle Cameron could fk off to anyone.

All im saying is well done to the lads who are moving up the football pyramid, but the team isn’t being ripped apart at all and I more than trust GJ to use the extra funds wisely.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Connor may have a get out clause in his contract though?
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

Wolborough wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 12:21 Connor may have a get out clause in his contract though?
I hadn't considered that - let's hope he doesn't.

There will be rumours (mostly untrue) linking most our players with League clubs - having finished 2nd in NL we essentially have a league standard squad. But I'm sure GJ will find suitable replacements for those that we lose and it seems a good number will be signing on for next year.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Concur!
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Looking at the ages of a lot of our players and the potential for large transfer fees could we not offer a lot of these lads 3 year deals?
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

If I was chairman I would definitely tie up our better and younger players on three year deals so they become assets… but playing in the national league the only teams that would likely want to sign ur better players are going to be league 2 teams and atm there is no spare cash floating around for transfer fees and I think it will be like that for a long while
Gull18
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Gull18 »

Have every confidence in Gary bringing in the right people. The players leaving gave their all for the club so should have no hard feelings for them looking to achieve their potential.

Similar scenario when we sold Rodney Jack, but we have better recruitment now to replace.

Wouldn't surprise to see a Sunderland / Bournemouth loan or two. Maybe Neil Warnock could help us out too if we ask nicely!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gull18 wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 13:47 Have every confidence in Gary bringing in the right people. The players leaving gave their all for the club so should have no hard feelings for them looking to achieve their potential.
Don't disagree, although it will mean that we're behind our NL rivals because our season ended only 5 days ago. Bringing in half a squad, and getting them through pre-season will be tough.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Expect a few from Sunderland...... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468