Playoff Final Vs Hartlepool at Ashton Gate

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
uberwozza
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: caldwell

Post by uberwozza »

What details do you have to provide for the others in your pod? Just name or also contact details?
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

fred wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 23:06 I was number 30 in queue but got through after 35 mins. Couldn't choose seats as it's lucky dip. My 2 tickets are sealed in an envelope and came direct from Bristol. Lady said wait time was due to both season ticket holders and non season ticket holders both calling!! I see the Covid policy at Ashton gate says we may be asked for proof of a lateral flow test on entry taken no more than two days before. Anyone going to do this? Anyone know if their is parking at the ground?
Everyone is urged to do these twice a week (you can get them free from most pharmacies) so I am already doing them and recording the results on the NHS Covid reporting app which gives me email proof of the result. In fairness the policy only "strongly recommends" a test and that they "may" require proof of a negative test within the previous two days to allow entry. But with Covid cases taking off in Bristol they may decide to strengthen their response so it would be wise to do one.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Modgull wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 08:19 Everyone is urged to do these twice a week (you can get them free from most pharmacies) so I am already doing them and recording the results on the NHS Covid reporting app which gives me email proof of the result. In fairness the policy only "strongly recommends" a test and that they "may" require proof of a negative test within the previous two days to allow entry. But with Covid cases taking off in Bristol they may decide to strengthen their response so it would be wise to do one.
Thanks for the advise. Will definitely do one. Don't want to be turned away!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

They need to be clear.
Do we need evidence of a test or not?
Will a double vaccine card suffice?
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

Modgull wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 08:19 ... I am already doing them and recording the results on the NHS Covid reporting app which gives me email proof of the result.
Just out of curiosity, if you do the test and report the result yourself via the app, how do they know you actually did the test, and that you actually had a negative result? Couldn't you just enter that you'd done it and had a negative result?

I've thought about this before when this 'confirmation of a negative result' is required to enter places.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by smw1989 »

Or on the flip side say you had COVID… but still desperately wanted to go to the game, your going with your mrs and she hasn’t got COVID just get her to do two lateral flow tests….

Just shows you the whole thing is bollocks
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

The lateral flow test necessity has been looked at on a separate thread . In short Forevertufc contacted Bristol and was told that a negative test result was needed for entry. As this is at odds with what is shown in the Covid guidelines I contacted Bristol supporters services , explained what had been said ... and was told that this is wrong . It is not mandatory. Although i am fairly confident that what i was told is the correct version I have emailed TUFC advising what has happened as conflicting advice does not help
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Any help with tickets for Sunday would be much appreciated. I know most are in the same boat and I will be joining the scrum tomorrow morning with everything crossed.
Good luck everyone
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

oldpedant wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 11:16 Just out of curiosity, if you do the test and report the result yourself via the app, how do they know you actually did the test, and that you actually had a negative result? Couldn't you just enter that you'd done it and had a negative result?

I've thought about this before when this 'confirmation of a negative result' is required to enter places.
You have to enter the test strip code. An invalid code would not be recorded. However, there is no way for them to definitively check that the result was actually negative - it takes you on trust - but it does give you an email confirmation of what you reported.

Just to answer another query - double vaccination does not comply with the AG policy - even those with two vaccinations can get Covid and pass it on although they are pretty much protected from serious disease. Hence the need for negative tests from all visitors.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Last week I purchased BT Sports for one month to watch both semi finals and final. The cost was £27 which is a snip considering I have it for a month and have already had my moneys worth!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

North Curry House wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 14:38 Last week I purchased BT Sports for one month to watch both semi finals and final. The cost was £27 which ist a snip considering I have it for a month and have already had my moneys worth!
Yeah, me too. But you have to cancel it the day after you order or you will get billed for two months.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

oldpedant wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 11:16

Just out of curiosity, if you do the test and report the result yourself via the app, how do they know you actually did the test, and that you actually had a negative result? Couldn't you just enter that you'd done it and had a negative result?
Yep. I have to enter my results on the Gov site twice a week, they ask for a photo if possible but obvs with my old Nokia I'm not able to do it.
It's probably more for a tracking system as you also have to provide an awful lot of information even for a negative result.
As an aside, if you are doing one for entry to AG, be careful not to drop ketchup on it...
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

chunkygull wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 16:08 Yeah, me too. But you have to cancel it the day after you order or you will get billed for two months.
This is not true. You have to cancel at any time before the end of your first month.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Big stadium and we will all be socially distanced. Going to be hard for the supporters to create an atmosphere?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 17:52 This is not true. You have to cancel at any time before the end of your first month.
If you are able to have the monthly pass then yes this is right but I took out the 31 day rolling contract which requires 31 days notice to cancel. Its easy to order but a pain in the ass to cancel.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).