Torquay vs Notts County (Play Offs) 12/06/2021 Midday KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Notts4me wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 18:45 Notts fan here, as disappointed as I am we lost today good luck in the final, you finished second in the league and deserve to go up, leagues don’t lie, good luck in the final 👍
Thanks very much.

You sure did put up a good fight.

Good luck next season.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Thanks for that Notts4me , takes a lot to come on here and say that. I know how I would have felt if we had lost.
Notts certainly had a lot of possession but didn't do much with it. Hope the game helped Cameron who didn't look up to his usual level or sharpness though obviously out of position. Thought Moxey might have been planned to go off and Cameron go left back when Andrews came on. Good job he stayed on - great penalty. Be great if Little could find his top game for the final.
Anyway fantastic performance from the team !
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

what a terrific all round that was from evefryone on the pitch.great atmosphere too. was a bit worried as they had a full match last week and we hadnt played for a couple of weeks, superb mamagement for putting cameron in front of moxey. oddly enough those around us thought we would win as benji was coming on and his pace was always always going to be too much and ellis was on his ass before tghe end of the game. was down the other end so coukldnt see the penalty looked soft but we were a goal up by then anyway
SouthHams
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SouthHams »

Absolutely bloody fantastic.
I was worried at 2-2 but the lads came through.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Fantastic result brilliant performance, and a great game. Was really worried about this game. With two weeks Off thought that might work against us! I was wrong! Plus county were in fine form! I fear no one now and think we will win the final whoever it may be against(hope its Hartlepool) With Wright back this line up has goals in it. As long as we keep everyone fit league 2 here we come! Its our destiny!
And wow what a job GJ has done it really is unbelievable! Where we were when he took over to where we are now. We need to start thinking about building that statue outside plainmoor. Absolute Torquay hero!
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

What a day, I echo what everyone says about the match and the day has to be up there with the Scarborough playoff win.
I am not sure if I have ever heard an atmosphere like it at Plainmoor and for only 1700 people to keep going from all 4 sides all game. The fans deserve a mention as this would help pull the lads over the line.
Hopefully we can take the drums next week (and the clappers)
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Whydoibother wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 22:04 what a terrific all round that was from evefryone on the pitch.great atmosphere too. was a bit worried as they had a full match last week and we hadnt played for a couple of weeks, superb mamagement for putting cameron in front of moxey. oddly enough those around us thought we would win as benji was coming on and his pace was always always going to be too much and ellis was on his ass before tghe end of the game. was down the other end so coukldnt see the penalty looked soft but we were a goal up by then anyway
Whoever suggested the clappers deserves a bloody raise. I was pretty skeptical initially, but they made a huge difference to the atmosphere. A great all around team effort yesterday, though special mention must go to Asa Hall and Danny Wright. For what it's worth, we DID think that the pen was correctly given, and that it was the only pen 'shout' of the match that had merit. Frankly, Ellis had been grabbing, holding and knocking people around with the grace of a cart horse for the whole match (he was particularly bad during corners) and he was bloody lucky to have not been pulled up for his behaviour on several occasions. Bottom line: whether or not you think the pen was 'soft', as someone who'd kept an eye on Ellis throught the match, there was definitely an element of karma about the pen.

Onwards and upwards!
TUST member 203
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Will be watching the Stockport game today, on form they should win but Hartlepool have certainly turned things around in the latter half of the season. If they cannot beat Stockport which I have a sneaky suspicion they will I hope they kick them off the park and Rooney gets sent off, AGAIN. Any advantage for next Saturday would be gratefully received.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

Just had a quick watch of the Stockport Hartlepool game and it is like a library there, no atmosphere whatsoever. I couldn’t make the game yesterday but well done to the supporters that did it seemed like a cracking atmosphere.
P.S don’t mind who we get although probably prefer Hartlepool!
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

DWB wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 12:31 Just had a quick watch of the Stockport Hartlepool game and it is like a library there, no atmosphere whatsoever. I couldn’t make the game yesterday but well done to the supporters that did it seemed like a cracking atmosphere.
P.S don’t mind who we get although probably prefer Hartlepool!
Funnily just logged in here to comment exactly the same, when your losing at home in a play off semi you should be really making that a hostile environment and spurring on the players. Stockport fans may as well not bother staying!! Credit to TUFC fans yesterday sounded amazing on BT sport.

Now just need a ticket as based in London really want to make it. Already booked coach for £2.80 return on National Express, worth a punt!!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Hartlepool it is then !!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Well that was a boring match, Hartlepool shaded it and Stockport so got their tactics wrong, Hartlepool have a couple up front that will need close watching next weekend but I reckon we can do them comfortably.
MattTUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MattTUFC »

Hopefully we just go out and go straight for the goal , get every attacking player we have has pace and they make hartlepool tired . We need to batter them , no mercy.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would have preferred Hartlepool over Stockport because I think Stockport have a bit more strength in depth.

Oates and Armstrong have scored quite a lot of goals but I'd fancy Sherring and Lewis against them. Armstrong is a poacher but his game is extremely limited. In Wright and Evans I think we have better quality, as well have having better back up in Waters and Kimpioka.

Stockport keeper should have saved the winner. Despite not playing well on chances Stockport should have won it. I'm actually feeling more confident than I was against Notts County - that's probably cursed it.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

brucie wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 14:57 I would have preferred Hartlepool over Stockport because I think Stockport have a bit more strength in depth.

Oates and Armstrong have scored quite a lot of goals but I'd fancy Sherring and Lewis against them. Armstrong is a poacher but his game is extremely limited. In Wright and Evans I think we have better quality, as well have having better back up in Waters and Kimpioka.

Stockport keeper should have saved the winner. Despite not playing well on chances Stockport should have won it. I'm actually feeling more confident than I was against Notts County - that's probably cursed it.
Agree Brucie Stockport keeper should have saved the shot and indeed the defence shouldn’t have let him get that far. I too am more positive now and a repeat of the 5-0 win at their place early on in the season would do nicely. COYY