Torquay vs Notts County (Play Offs) 12/06/2021 Midday KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

We are bookies favourites to beat Notts County.
Stockport are favourites for promotion.
hr1001
New Signing
New Signing

Post by hr1001 »

(Notts fan here)

Couple of links you might like

Notts podcast including Kevin Nicholson

Notts podcast mostly focused on the Chesterfield game but Don ORiordan chats about Torquay

Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Been on the county forums and they seem very confident. Their points are

- SAG stifle home crowd so that’s not as much of an advantage.
- we’ve not played well over last month.
- they played chesterfield and we haven’t played for a while.
- key players out for us.

I’d argue I don’t see Tufc fans letting the atmosphere be dead for such an important game especially after gj rally cry.

Our results haven’t been great last few games but we’ve been the dominant team in all those games. If they come park the bud it’ll be hard as we’ve shown but there’ll only be one winner in the end, it’ll just take longer

Our starting eleven is still strong without those players and they been missing for a while and we’ve still challenged.

It’s not like we’ve not played in a month, we’ve had an extra week off. I don’t see it having any affect whatsoever.

They should be more worried about our unbeaten run, GJ as a game changing manager, the face that they left themselves so open in Their last game which is perfect for us.

I really can only see one winner in this game.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

What time do the gates even open tomorrow? 12pm kick off so I assume 11?
hr1001
New Signing
New Signing

Post by hr1001 »

Mo Gull wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 08:41 Been on the county forums and they seem very confident. Their points are

- SAG stifle home crowd so that’s not as much of an advantage.
- we’ve not played well over last month.
- they played chesterfield and we haven’t played for a while.
- key players out for us.

I’d argue I don’t see Tufc fans letting the atmosphere be dead for such an important game especially after gj rally cry.

Our results haven’t been great last few games but we’ve been the dominant team in all those games. If they come park the bud it’ll be hard as we’ve shown but there’ll only be one winner in the end, it’ll just take longer

Our starting eleven is still strong without those players and they been missing for a while and we’ve still challenged.

It’s not like we’ve not played in a month, we’ve had an extra week off. I don’t see it having any affect whatsoever.

They should be more worried about our unbeaten run, GJ as a game changing manager, the face that they left themselves so open in Their last game which is perfect for us.

I really can only see one winner in this game.

I'm not sure which forums you've been on, most of our more sensible fans are on twitter and avoid all the forums.

From people I know and what I've read most Notts fans have said we have to defend better than last week and it could be a very tight game. Of course they are confident we will win just like most Torquay fans will be but there is no arrogance or talk of it being easy and unlike the Stockport forums no one is booking coaches to Bristol
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

hr1001 wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 11:46

Of course they are confident we will win just like most Torquay fans will be .........
Have you not read posts from the little ray of sunshine called Teigngull? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

This weeks article by Johnson concerning relaxing and enjoying the game, I see Wright in kit doing some training, is that for our benefit or for the benefit of Notts county.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

culmstockgull wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 15:18 This weeks article by Johnson concerning relaxing and enjoying the game, I see Wright in kit doing some training, is that for our benefit or for the benefit of Notts county.
The benefit of having someone like Wright even on the bench would be huge, i think if people walk into the ground to hear and see that its going to be a massive lift
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We haven't beaten Notts County in the last 12 league games since May 1966 a 2-0 win in front of 9,000 (Tommy Spratt and a rare John Benson goal a diving header) a week or so later we were promoted. What would we give for a repeat of that - and we are overdue a win against them !
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 12:06 Have you not read posts from the little ray of sunshine called Teigngull? ;-)
A thick mist has come over Teignmouth and Dawlish, no sunshine here. I hope Mrs Dawlish can navigate her way back home from Newton Abbot.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Thick yes but it's a red mist that's come over Mr Angry from Teignmouth.
Safe journey for the missus I hope 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

hr1001 wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 00:08 (Notts fan here)

Couple of links you might like

Notts podcast including Kevin Nicholson

https://youtube/IAHv2QjJuv8

Notts podcast mostly focused on the Chesterfield game but Don ORiordan chats about Torquay

https://youtube/1FsDsHZ1l4k
As long as you're not that idiot Peter Sharman, I am sure you be welcome to this site! :scarf:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

What an important day for TUFC
We so need to get behind them.
Could only get tickets for the away end, where I hate standing but really looking forward to my first game since COVID began!

Early 1066 wasn’t it?
Yellowgull72
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Yellowgull72 »

Are there any fans watching it in a pub in cardiff somewhere I can join ya 💙💙💛💛