Play Offs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

In normal circumstances I think Ashton gate would be a great venue. The right 2 side could fill it with a great atmosphere and we would take a huge number of fans.
However with restrictions surely we will only be able to have 3/4000 tickets which would leave many fans disappointed.
Given restrictions surely a bigger ground would of been better?
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

I'm a ST holder, I was not able to buy a ticket ..... If I wasn't a ST holder I also would be aggrieved if they got priority. The fact is, if you were ready, prepared and able, to put your money on the line regardless of your circumstances, then those ST holders should get priority, that's the way it has always worked and has been at every other club, sometimes it works for you and sometimes it don't.

However, I hope that all our fans will be back in fine form as soon as possible. It's been a cruel year on the pitch and off, but we deserve to go up, we have been the best team all season, the curse of the injuries struck again...... Justice will prevail.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Ok i what about me if I return to the homelands I have to quarantine for 10 days.
If we get to the playoff final can Torquay create some kind of corridor so I can come back to watch the final?
They would also need to makesure I got a ticket!
Maybe we can create some kind of protest page? If playoffs is the way can we get the uk government to make allowances for me?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Already thinking about penalty takers, God forbid, we have some good strikers of the ball - none of this tapping it low giving the keeper a chance - Boden , though he probably won't be on the field then, Andrews, Randell, Whitfield, and two more from Hall, Wright, Waters CLE, Little, Moxey, Cameron.Wynter. I always thought the pens we took against Blackpool at Wembley were superb apart from Lorams first one.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Better train up Covolan!
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Just regarding the ticket situation come 20th June, won't the restrictions on fans at stadia due to be lifted yet again baring in mind it will be mid tournament for the euros, so surely it would be an equal playing field with the NL playoff final?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

smw89 wrote: 24 May 2021, 14:19 Just regarding the ticket situation come 20th June, won't the restrictions on fans at stadia due to be lifted yet again baring in mind it will be mid tournament for the euros, so surely it would be an equal playing field with the NL playoff final?
There will be restrictions for the Euros.
Generally restrictions are due to be ended on 21st June (a day too late for us) but I think they will still reduce crowds for the Euros.
It's a shame that they haven't chosen a bigger stadium as the likes of us, Notts County, Stockport or Wrexham would all take 10,000 plus in normal circumstances.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Got to win the semi final first & on current form that looks highly unlikely.
A step to far for this bunch if chocolate soldiers I'm afraid.
Time for a clear out & bring in players that know the national league- horses for courses-
That's the reality of the situation
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Absolute nonsense. But then you knew that when you typed it......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Teigngull wrote: 25 May 2021, 06:47 Got to win the semi final first & on current form that looks highly unlikely.
Time for a clear out & bring in players that know the national league- horses for courses-
Have we exceeded your expectation, clearly not. So to clarify a few things, you expected us to win the league. May I ask how much you bet on us to do this?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 25 May 2021, 06:47 Got to win the semi final first & on current form that looks highly unlikely.
Same sh1t, different day.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

:lol: What a chopper.
It’s a shame some of our fans are like this. I always think some people seem to want us to fail.
I hope you don’t bother taking Up someone else’s space at the semi final and hopefully final.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

The bookies have us as joint favourites with Stockport.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by yellowmonkey »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 25 May 2021, 12:25 :lol: What a chopper.
It’s a shame some of our fans are like this. I always think some people seem to want us to fail.
I hope you don’t bother taking Up someone else’s space at the semi final and hopefully final.
Do you go to every movie, theatrical performance, stage show or band concert and walk away thinking that it was absolutely amazing every time? We have been woeful and if not for some superb keeping by Covolan lost quite a few more games.
Countless times we have been left ball watching whilst other teams get back and defend in numbers preventing us from scoring. Our injury situation hasnt helped but have you asked why the players are taking so long to return?
Did Sutton have the injury problem like us and if not why? Can we only recruit fragile or aged players?
The teams we are about to go up against are in form whilst we are still relying on luck.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yellowmonkey wrote: 25 May 2021, 14:24 Do you go to every movie, theatrical performance, stage show or band concert and walk away thinking that it was absolutely amazing every time? We have been woeful and if not for some superb keeping by Covolan lost quite a few more games.
Countless times we have been left ball watching whilst other teams get back and defend in numbers preventing us from scoring. Our injury situation hasnt helped but have you asked why the players are taking so long to return?
Did Sutton have the injury problem like us and if not why? Can we only recruit fragile or aged players?
The teams we are about to go up against are in form whilst we are still relying on luck.
The only form team in the top 7 is Notts - who couldn't beat us when leading 2-0.
The only current top 7 team we have lost to is Hartlepool at home, who now have the worse current form in the current top 7.
And we spanked them away with our full team.
Have a look at the facts before you start talking b*llocks.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468