Torquay United v Barnet Sat. 22 May KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Regardless of what happens in the next couple of weeks I think Johnson will be around next season, he has unfinished business, that's assuming he gets a reasonable budget.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 23 May 2021, 00:11 I too think we got our tactics completely wrong today. Little was awful, gifted them two goals. We should have started with Evans in central midfield, and played another forward up front with Boden.
I agree with brucie, as much as it pains me :)

i do think Little is one of the most talented players in our squad (and probably in the division) but he cannot keep making small mistakes in bad areas. In the Barnet game you saw his best to his worst with ten minutes of each other. First, the great - a fantastic 70 yards pass right to CLE who (eventually) able to finish with aplomb. The vision for that was outstanding. But then a few minutes later he received the ball a few yards outside his box, fannies about with it and we end up conceding a penalty. I don't know whether he is still tentative about his injuries, but whatever it is, he probably should not be playing in high-stakes games right now. He may end up being a 'luxury' player, which would be a shame, because he doubtless has the ability to so much more (and you'd question whether a lower league side can afford such players)

I also thought we should have started with 2 upfront. Waters probably has cause to be miffed about the last 3 games given how well he'd played in the prior 2 or 3, as well. Kimpioka - again - clearly has ability, and given a longer loan term I think he'd flourish in our side; I'd happily see him back season whichever division we're in, as long as it's a season-long agreement.

at 2-0 up after 25 minutes, it was great - but we did not deserve it at all, despite the goals coming from moments of real quality. A draw was the least that Barnet deserved from the game.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.