Torquay United v Notts County Sat 24 April 3pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SimonJones
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SimonJones »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 17:27 What a ridiculous post.
Obviously you have no idea about those subjects.
Players get injured and they will be out for the amount of time required to recover and then get fit again.
The worst thing you can do is bring an injured player back early.
My apologies.

What is the worst thing bringing an injured player back early?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

SuperNickyWroe, I agree with the majority of your post but it certainly hasn't worked that well for Cameron, Little, Wright. I think it would be naive not to believe that we have acquired players that are medically and physically incapable of playing a full season,or in the case of a least one player, incapable of playing any games. if we acquired them in that full knowledge to fill a perceived specific shortcoming in the squad, so be it. Were the club aware of these shortcomings prior to signing them, only the manager can answer that.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 22:32 SuperNickyWroe, I agree with the majority of your post but it certainly hasn't worked that well for Cameron, Little, Wright. I think it would be naive not to believe that we have acquired players that are medically and physically incapable of playing a full season,or in the case of a least one player, incapable of playing any games. if we acquired them in that full knowledge to fill a perceived specific shortcoming in the squad, so be it. Were the club aware of these shortcomings prior to signing them, only the manager can answer that.
I am not sure of your medical background, but I would trust the judgement of those within TUFC over yours.
Players get injured - we probably all knew we were taking a chance with Armani, but not the others.
Danny is a fit player - hence why he played untroubled until Boxing Day and players do get hamstring injuries at any age.
Kyle copped for an injury too and its vital that they are allowed to recover.
I have faith in the initial selection and recruitment of players and the medical team that we have.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SimonJones wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 20:56 My apologies.

What is the worst thing bringing an injured player back early?
I'm not sure I know what you're asking here??
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 18:20 Harsh on Umerah to say that his appearance didn't pay dividends yesterday.

Up until his introduction Ellis had been smoking a cigar throughout the game. Umerah turned him and left him for dead with his first touch and snail paced Ellis hoiked him down. How that wasn't a booking god only knows, the referee appeared to have come from Scandanavia and was probably related to Burchnall.

Umerah then clouted Ellis who appeared to still be seeing stars as he appeared to be marking his own two defenders in the six yard box when we had three players queuing up unchallenged to score our first goal.

In the second challenge with Ellis Umerah had done him again he was away and gone and Ellis luckily managed to maintain consciousness just long enough to scythe Umerah down before feigning being in a coma on the pitch.

Ellis also went missing for our equalizer - By that stage I don't think he knew where he was in Torbay Hospital, or Nottingham.

Umerah may not be everyones cup of tea but he certainly made an impact yesterday - more so than the powder puff Boden. On another day Ellis could have been the one seeing red for the two fouls on Umerah, both of which were worthy of cards.
Sometimes Brucie your posts are absolute gold. :rofl:
Suffice to say, Ellis and County got what they deserved.
Having now watched it, it was disappointing in the least to see Ellis rolling around on the floor like a big girls blouse.

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

SuperNickyWroe, I think you misunderstand my posting, I totally agree that players need time to recover from injuries, My angle was Cameron came on for half an hour and had a recurrence of his injury, Wright came back probably too soon and the same occurs, Armani, well he has not been the same player that we knew since returning from injury.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr. Wroe: one of brucie's best.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

culmstockgull wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 09:08 SuperNickyWroe, I think you misunderstand my posting, I totally agree that players need time to recover from injuries, My angle was Cameron came on for half an hour and had a recurrence of his injury, Wright came back probably too soon and the same occurs, Armani, well he has not been the same player that we knew since returning from injury.
Always difficult to determine the right time to return after hamstring rehabilitation. Even the medical profession struggle with this issue. Data shows that recurrence of hamstring injury is high particularly within the first two weeks - is is not unique to just Torquay players. Hamstring injuries are the most prevalent time-loss injuries in football a fact we just have to accept. I have not trawled through the national leagues clubs but would suspect many have had the same recurring hamstring issues as us.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Having watched the video the second yellow card for Umerah is just lunacy. For starters both players are in the line of sight of the referee who couldn't possibly have had a worse view of the incident than the linesman who was miles further away and could only have seen the back of the players heads at best.

There wasn't a foul and the referee called it correctly. Actually it wasn't Ellis who fouled Umerah but another of their players who decided to exact retribution. In fact he's deliberately kicked Umerah and its a blatant red card. You can see Wynter trying to draw the referees to it.

In my view its another example of how we are not street wise enough. The Notts County bench and players have got Umerah sent off. Umerah should have gone down after the foul and started rolling around, and all our players should have piled in and started lambasting the referee.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest