Injury update?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Great to see Danny Wright in action again with a goal!

Where are we on the rest of the injuries?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As I understand it (and I am not sure how accurate this is) Cameron is attending a hamstring rehab course this week coming (same one Wright went on) and if he passes that could be 2 weeks away from playing. Warren is back in training.

Disappointingly though Nemane and Whitfield are further away than Cameron from returning.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I didn't think Whitfields injury was all that bad but to be out this long is ridiculous. These last few games will be the making or breaking of the season, c'mon Gary let us know if any of the injuries are due to return please as we are missing them.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

He doesn't tend to do that though does he.
Meanwhile Notts County have reported that two experienced key players for them Doyle and Brindley are now fit and in the squad tomorrow. We will do very well to win this one and have to bring out our top game, will County lose 4 in a row ? Let's hope so.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I see that Torquay have today signed 2 Chinese players, brothers Lee and Toh Wong from Dulwich Hamlet as cover for Danny Wright. Personally I can't see the point as two Wongs don't make a Wright!!!!!!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

yellowmonkey wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 15:54 I didn't think Whitfields injury was all that bad but to be out this long is ridiculous. These last few games will be the making or breaking of the season, c'mon Gary let us know if any of the injuries are due to return please as we are missing them.

I tend to agree yellowmonkey I am getting a bit frustrated with the lack of communication to the fans with regards to injuries. Yes I get it that he doesn’t want to let opposing managers know but I am sure they know our situation. If Nemane is out for the season then surely we can be told this ( and if that is the case I am very disappointed as I thought he was having a superb season for us).
I guess I shall have to wait until 14.30 on Saturday to see what sixteen we have fit for the game.
SimonJones
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SimonJones »

DWB wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 17:38
I tend to agree yellowmonkey I am getting a bit frustrated with the lack of communication to the fans with regards to injuries. Yes I get it that he doesn’t want to let opposing managers know but I am sure they know our situation. If Nemane is out for the season then surely we can be told this ( and if that is the case I am very disappointed as I thought he was having a superb season for us).
I guess I shall have to wait until 14.30 on Saturday to see what sixteen we have fit for the game.
I agree, just an update on how the long term injuries are progressing on a fairly regular basis. They don’t have to tell us when they are due back in the squad, or close to the action, but just when they are back jogging, doing ball work etc
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Gary is not going to tell us and rightly so, some things are better kept 'in house'. Gary and the managerial team have my full support. We don't need to know and to find ourselves deep into April and so close to the top they clearly are getting things right. I would take this season over most. Just remember some of the struggles we have had in the past.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

GJ is a canny manager - trust in him.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't expect a full medical sheet but the complete lack of information is ridiculous.

Take the Nemane situation for example. We all support the team, he went off with a fairly minor hamstring injury god knows how long ago and hasn't been heard of again since. Not only that he is never even mentioned by the manager. If he has broken his leg in the gym then how does that give any other team an advantage by knowing that. To me its ludicrous that this information is kept from the supporters. Every week you hope that your best player is coming back and just leads to frustration.

To me, far from giving the opposition some sort of advantage. its kept quiet due to the abnormally high number and almost farcical number of injuries we sustain on an almost weekly basis, and is done to avoid criticism.

Whitfield got a knock on his knee and Johnson says he was going to be back 3 days later - that was 2 months ago. By all accounts he was on a rehab course last week so he isn't fit. Not only do our players seem to take twice as long to recover as anyone else, as soon as the do come back invariably they last a game or so and disappear again ie Wright, Cameron. Little.Moxey.

Kimpioka apparently played against Bristol Rovers last Saturday but couldn't make the squad against Woking when we were really struggling for players - the only inference you can possibly draw from that is the he has probably injured his hamstring again as well.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we will see any of those players tomorrow - I'd also include Andrews as well because he looked in some discomfort when he went off on Tuesday.

Lets hope Johnson is as canny as some people think so we won't be in for a nasty shock when the line ups are announced tomorrow afternoon.