Dagenham & Redbridge v Torquay United Sat 27 March KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Settle for 3rd place?? With one of the biggest budgets the National League has seen?
You're having a giraffe!!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

You know that WBW do you ? I,m very impressed. Tell us how you know that to be a fact and not just total fiction?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I think I'd take third place now.

I listened to the game on BBC Radio Devon. What an awful commentary. The club one is better but that kept cutting out on my phone.
simjones1980
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simjones1980 »

I thought at the end of the day we didn’t play bad, no lack of commitment but unfortunately just that lack of quality in the final third. They were a poor side and were there for the taking. The most frustrating thing is the total missed opportunity to take advantage of our rivals results. Let’s be honest, ours was the easiest game of the afternoon and despite being away from home, a draw or a win should of been a minimum requirement in our position. With our start of the season team that would of been 3 points. Therefore taking that into account it was a poor performance unfortunately...

We have a tricky run in having to go away to Sutton and Stockport. I would say our title chances are over with the form Sutton are in. It’s however vital we stay in the top 3 though and just have that one ‘semi final’ game as the ‘home’team (when crowds are scheduled to be back - early June). If we have to play a further game and then be the away team it’s a harder task to get to Wembley.

Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but after the start we made and the team we have, we have to believe we will stay in the playoffs at least.

The one plus point from today...the new guy from Sunderland looked v good. Held the ball up, strong, quick and should probably have scored a couple. He will certainly be an asset and I see him being our main striker in the absence of Wright.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well on the evidence I think we deserved a point. Some great runs from the Lemon!

Benji looks like he has real desire and I like that !
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Notts County lost at home to Aldershot tonight after being beaten by Hornchurch in the Trophy semi final on Saturday. With games in hand they could move ahead of us into third but hopefully this is a sign they’re not putting a run together.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Every game is different and being perceived as having an easier fixture than someone else doesn't really work like that.

We are not the only team that is struggling to win games. Notts county's new manager has had two dire results since coming so under pressure already.