Ben Gardener

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The only information I could find was a Ben Gardener with links to Man Utd and Leicester in marketing roles. Couldn't find anything connecting him to us but Google is so censored these days not sure why I bothered.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AllanRobertson
Trialist
Trialist

Post by AllanRobertson »

Apparently Mr B Gardener was linked to take over from Mr C Osborne in December.
Mr B Gardener owns 6 hotels in the Devon and Cornwall region and has a net worth of £40-50 Million
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullsdiv2 wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 17:55 Is listed at the same address as Clarke Osborne, could it be his wife?
Just getting this checked out through "official (cough) sources...."
Also reading this thread back it sounds like Uncle Clarke is a dirty old man..... :-o :}
She's 25yrs younger than him! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 15:55 Just getting this checked out through "official (cough) sources...."
Also reading this thread back it sounds like Uncle Clarke is a dirty old man..... :-o :}
She's 25yrs younger than him! :rofl:
I think you should rephrase your comment. Uncle Clarke is a lucky old man..........
AllanRobertson
Trialist
Trialist

Post by AllanRobertson »

If the chairman sells up would you think Ben Gardener would be a idea for the club?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Could also make sense to why the recruitment has been piss poor.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

...and where all our players are going.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Ok, all you Agatha Christie's , from what I can see we have an internet search,the provenance of which is debateable and we all seem to turn it into something it probably is not. The days of people just shaking hands on a listed company transfer ,with no paperwork and no money trail are a thing of the past. first off the league needs to be informed and do due diligence, probably for the league that means ticking a box and rushing off for another all expenses paid lunch, never the less, why wouldn't Osborne mention that new directors are on board, it doesn't affect him or the value of the club which unless I am mistaken is precisely zero. Where are all these hotels that Gardiner supposedly owns, I cannot find any, no trace of him at companies house, not unusual for directors to live abroad such as Thailand, look at Leicester.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 09:46 Ok, all you Agatha Christie's , from what I can see we have an internet search,the provenance of which is debateable and we all seem to turn it into something it probably is not. The days of people just shaking hands on a listed company transfer ,with no paperwork and no money trail are a thing of the past. first off the league needs to be informed and do due diligence, probably for the league that means ticking a box and rushing off for another all expenses paid lunch, never the less, why wouldn't Osborne mention that new directors are on board, it doesn't affect him or the value of the club which unless I am mistaken is precisely zero. Where are all these hotels that Gardiner supposedly owns, I cannot find any, no trace of him at companies house, not unusual for directors to live abroad such as Thailand, look at Leicester.
Killjoy.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

culmstockgull wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 09:46 ..... the value of the club which unless I am mistaken is precisely zero.
It's less than that. Latest accounts show an annual loss of £905,000 (approx. £18,000 per week).
AllanRobertson
Trialist
Trialist

Post by AllanRobertson »

Company Beta doesn’t work normally during the high profile of Mr B Gardener hence why you can’t see any information
Robert Lee
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Robert Lee »

The Club has some strange going ons at the moment Mr B Gardener did try to buy the club in December
But who knows Mr Osborne might have changed his mind by now
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I notice that both AllenRobertson and Robert Lee who have posted on this forum concerning a Mr Ben Gardener only joined as members in the last 2 days AllenRobertson joined only yesterday at 3-06pm and Robert Lee at 4-40pm today. They both maybe genuine but I wouldn't rely on their info concerning the sale of the club.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

AllanRobertson wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 15:37 Company Beta doesn’t work normally during the high profile of Mr B Gardener hence why you can’t see any information
Robert Lee wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 16:41 The Club has some strange going ons at the moment Mr B Gardener did try to buy the club in December
But who knows Mr Osborne might have changed his mind by now
We're well versed on here at seeing through underhand methods of manipulation. Why don't you just come clean as to your real identity, it's not like you've tried that hard to conceal it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

All will become clear in the next few days