Gary Johnson and his tactics & mind games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Gary Johnson and his tactics & mind games

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Anyone else get frustrated by the lack of communication from the club and Gary himself regarding injuries and signings? We go into Hartlepool with no Idea about which players are close to returning, how serious players injury are. Cameron got injured a weir ago and we’ve heard nothing, no clarity. No one has any clue when Nemane is back. No one has any idea on what was wrong with Joe Lewis today. I know Gary likes his tactics but the fans and the club are so much further away as a whole than we’ve ever been. Very rare we get a video on YouTube with Gary previewing the match, or even after the match press conference. Come out and give fans an update on players. That’ll excite fans knowing players are close to returning. We know right is 2-3 weeks away. That’s all. What’s happened to Little & Nemane? Warren got injured and no one heard anything. He’s disappeared under a rock. Same with Cameron, he’s usually first to update fans on injuries and keep fans involved. Has Gary put a stop on this?

Gary please keep fans in the loop!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 00:53 Anyone else get frustrated by the lack of communication from the club and Gary himself regarding injuries and signings? We go into Hartlepool with no Idea about which players are close to returning, how serious players injury are. Cameron got injured a weir ago and we’ve heard nothing, no clarity. No one has any clue when Nemane is back. No one has any idea on what was wrong with Joe Lewis today. I know Gary likes his tactics but the fans and the club are so much further away as a whole than we’ve ever been. Very rare we get a video on YouTube with Gary previewing the match, or even after the match press conference. Come out and give fans an update on players. That’ll excite fans knowing players are close to returning. We know right is 2-3 weeks away. That’s all. What’s happened to Little & Nemane? Warren got injured and no one heard anything. He’s disappeared under a rock. Same with Cameron, he’s usually first to update fans on injuries and keep fans involved. Has Gary put a stop on this?

Gary please keep fans in the loop!
And our rivals?
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I'm sure Hartlepool would love to know the injury status of our players before we play them. You haven't thought this through mate. Keep up the silent good work GJ and remember..........loose lips sink ships, walls have ears and why give our rivals a tactical advantage when we don't need to?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

This subject always makes me chuckle. At this level clubs dont have multiple analysts. Teams are playing so many games they dont have the time to scrutinise every detail of there oponent and their players who are available. Teams look at previous games and patterns of play, strengths and weaknesses.
I m sure GJ would be a bit more open however they are running on a day to day basis he probably doesnt know whats going on, so many things change and there probably isnt the time to keep supporters upto speed as much as they would like to at this present time. Would it really make any difference to the oponent at this level regarding individual players, of course it doesnt.
I dont think he's playing mind games, he basically doesnt know who will be available until as late as possible. With so many games and so many injuries clubs at the level are really struggling.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't think we need to know as we can predict what will happen.

Most of the sicknotes that we have will walk off the pitch with seemingly no injuries whatsoever and the fail to reappear for months on end. Same old players week after week - Little, Warren, Moxey.

As for Kerr, it appears that he may not be injured at all, and doesn't like being so far away from Scotland, so it doesn't appear that we will be seeing him again, not that we will noticed as he's been awol since signing on.

Wouldn't mind betting that next week we will be playing Hartlepool (who incidentally have a full squad of players) with a back four made up of three strikers and a winger. Does anyone think that any of our shirkers will turn up anytime soon?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I personally don't think it's fair to label people with words like 'shirkers' on social media. You have no idea Brucie whether it's fair or not - it's a fiction from your mind . At the same time whilst I fully understand why Johnson plays cagey about injuries - he is probably the most cagey manager we have ever had in that regard- and that does lead to the climate in which Brucie's fiction thrives.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Too many of the squad are either not good enough or too injury prone
A Club of our size cant afford to carry passengers
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

We carry more passengers than a number 12 bus!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whats "fiction" as you put it?

Warren spent the whole of last season on the treatment table at Exeter. This season for us he has been err almost permanently injured . He last made an appearance against Notts County when he walked off the pitch near the end of the game. Despite Johnson saying that he was almost fit a fortnight ago he's still a no show.

Moxey plays a game or two and disappears for a month. Little - well don't get me started on him. Its also been documented that he was always carrying a "knock" at his previous.

Kerr - well whatever his issues are, he's another passenger. Obviously I appreciate that players get injured, but some of ours are clearly not up to it and the sooner we get rid of them the better.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

What proof can you give us about these three 'shirking' then Brucie ? You seems certain you have facts so let's have them.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Their is a world of difference between being naturally uncommunicative and being down right disrespectful to the supporters. Johnson is not one to admit any of his mistakes or shortcomings, well certainly not in public. HIs after match comments will blame everyone but himself. It is a total fallacy to believe that other clubs do not know exactly how we play, who to watch for and who you can take advantage off. If they don't they only have to invest in a £10 streaming match, and besides there isn't a club at our level that has the resources to chop and change just to accommodate the opposition. It may be that Johnson is trying to protect his brother who has been responsible for some pretty dismal acquisitions, where it has been painfully obvious in hindsight that due diligence in their fitness and ability and willingness to play 46 matches has not even been considered. What annoys me more in the trust stakes is that the last two reliable pieces of information on our players has come from the local press and their contacts, something that Johnson should be very embarrassed about.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Does Little get a new deal after his current one ends in the summer? Thoughts?
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Perish the thought
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

I believe we should keep Little. He could prove a key player in League 2 if we make it.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Thats a huge risk after his injury issues. You'd give him another 2 year contract, not for me.