BT Sports

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

BTSports 1 starts at 5pm kick off 5.20pm, make sure you go on the correct tv guide.
https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/tv-guide
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Griff1n wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 20:11 BT have the contract giving them the rights to show the game.....nothing the club can do to change that.
Yes, I have had a very full and helpful reply from the Club along these lines.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

United62 wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 20:09 I'm not a ST holder, but if I was I'd be really pissed off that I cannot watch a game at Plainmoor after buying a ST with the proviso that if I could not attend Plainmoor I could at least watch it via livestream included in the price.... all ST should have this included regardless if BT Sports are there or not.

:red: As a ST holder, I am Pissed off! The club have confirmed that BT have exclusive rights to all National league games, thereby giving them ultimate power.
Of course they do have the power but there is a pandemic on! it's a case of "if we don't cover your NL game your fans won't be able to watch you at all! unless they subscribe to us!, period!
The club also confirmed that BT could pull the club from streaming whenever they like! This power allows them to prevent all NL games from being streamed from the club to the clubs fans, who I may add, support the club through thick and thin, year after year, thereby allowing BT to make money from those paying fans clubs, If it were not for those local fans there would not be a business for BT sport to profit from, these clubs also allow a platform for young players to evolve, without clubs like ours there would not be a Premier league! on the other hand maybe there would, but it would be full of foreign players, mmm oh wait a minute they are now anyway, mostly! I can't watch the PL but that's another matter and I have digressed enough already. The Club confirmed that there was not room for their cameras to stream in any event as BT's cameras are everywhere. Message to BT Get Stuffed.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Unless I'm missing something I can't see that BT is available on a day pass, only a monthly one. Bet365 don't explain very well what a 'qualifying bet' is but the game has the TV symbol so hopefully that will work and would be well worth a fiver bet, if that's all that's needed.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

I’ve just chatted to Bet 365 helpdesk. They say you need to deposit funds and place a bet within 24 hours of the game kick off. They stated the picture isn’t full screen and on a laptop will be around the size of a large mobile phone screen.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Thanks - best worst case option at least then!
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I will be watching the game on my Unibet account. Still have some funds on there "just in case". Mutch like the Bet365 with regards to the picture screen size. So it is important to try to hide the result as it often is updated before the stream :)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

I have swallowed my pride and taken out a monthly non-contract subscription to the BT Sport App which I will cast to my TV screen in much the same way I do the Club's stream. It cost £25 per month which I will cancel before the second payment is due. It seemed to be the only way to get a decent picture to my TV without having to have a long term contract.

Pretty upset at having to do that but its not the Club's fault - if it wasn't for the pandemic I would have been at the match in person.

The only problem is a short delay (so I turn off other alerts) and a slight jerkiness when the action is quickest.
Phil

Pianoman
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Pianoman »

I am pretty sure you can do a day pass for £10 via NowTV....thats is what I am planning anyway.....

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Pianoman wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 13:08 I am pretty sure you can do a day pass for £10 via NowTV....thats is what I am planning anyway.....

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview
Are you sure that's available in UK. It's not £10, it's €10 and terms and conditions says ROI only.
Pianoman
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Pianoman »

Oops, you are correct, I think.... Cheers!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

notnow wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 15:04 The club also confirmed that BT could pull the club from streaming whenever they like! This power allows them to prevent all NL games from being streamed from the club to the clubs fans, who I may add, support the club through thick and thin, year after year, thereby allowing BT to make money from those paying fans clubs, If it were not for those local fans there would not be a business for BT sport to profit from, these clubs also allow a platform for young players to evolve, without clubs like ours there would not be a Premier league! on the other hand maybe there would, but it would be full of foreign players, mmm oh wait a minute they are now anyway, mostly! I can't watch the PL but that's another matter and I have digressed enough already. The Club confirmed that there was not room for their cameras to stream in any event as BT's cameras are everywhere. Message to BT Get Stuffed.
I've just signed up a contract with bt to watch the game this evening, I must be freaking mad..... :@ what can you do! :scarf:
madmike
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: connor lemonheigh ev

Post by madmike »

I've done the same. I just won't eat for a couple of days now
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Well that was not a very bright decision. At least you will not have to worry until we disgrace ourselves in the playoffs.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

Well, I have to say the coverage was really disappointing (irrespective of the result) - the picture was no better than the Club's own stream for me. I think BT are vastly overselling the quality of their App for streaming access.
Phil