Injury update?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

desperado wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 10:54 The number of hamstring injuries this season is ridiculous. There must be a reason for this ?
I blame the vegans ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Nemane is going to be a catastrophic miss for us.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

desperado wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 10:54 I see Nemane has a tight hamstring now which may need attention.
The number of hamstring injuries this season is ridiculous. There must be a reason for this ?
26 games in 18 weeks seems like a pretty likely reason.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well maybe, but actually very little difference to last seasons games per week when by Feb 6th we had played 37 games in 26 weeks (1.42 against 1.44)
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

If my calculation is correct, we had 11 injured players out tonight. Make of it what you will, but we had the same problem last season! Is it the training, luck, the player age profile or what?
Lucas
Davis
Wynter
Moxey
Kerr
Warren
Buse
Little
Nemane
Nelson
Wright
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Nick, I commented earlier in the season that we have an unusually high number of injuries both short and long term and more worryingly recurring injuries to the same players. Now that could be for many reasons, were they always susceptible and we did not do due diligence before signing, or as you suggest our training regime which is based on our fast playing style is wrong. Look at any of the top eight clubs in our league and besides the physio, they have an assortment of conditioning coaches, performance analysts and sports therapists, we have Kai, who according to his posts knows a lot about hamstrings but obviously not so much about how to prevent them occurring. The amount of games we are playing and the time of the season should logically mean match fitness takes care of itself and training should just be about tactics but we have had any number of players last season and this pull up injured in training. Without claiming any inside knowledge I suspect that Davis and Nelson may never play for us again, Little for the role he plays may have had one injury to many, Moxey, Kerr,Warren and wright due to their age need cotton wool handling. Whatever the causes the effect on us has been hugely negative and dramatic. A season should be solely defined by how we played and not because we could not identify injury prone players prior to signing or manage players injuries far better than we have.This is no reflection on Kai, with eleven players on the treatment table he is either burning the midnight oil or they are getting far less attention than they deserve.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Nick Potkins wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 09:13 If my calculation is correct, we had 11 injured players out tonight. Make of it what you will, but we had the same problem last season! Is it the training, luck, the player age profile or what?
Lucas
Davis
Wynter
Moxey
Kerr
Warren
Buse
Little
Nemane
Nelson
Wright
That 11 alone would certainly be there or there abouts in the league
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

We have more sick notes than any other Club!

We have a huge squad, yet struggle to put out our best XI. If only we did not have so many injuries, we would be almost promoted by now. On a positive note, we are edging closer to the 50 point mark, which is usually enough to avoid relegation.

We need those high energy performances, like we had at Hartlepool and was evident on Boxing Day against Yeovil. Getting off to a fast start will "see off". most sides
COYY
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Its because we train high tempo in training as we play our games. Always need a big squad with GJ as manager
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

See Danny Wright could be back in training week after next. Only been out 2 months so good recovery after op. Nemanes been out a month now , no news on him still, he was having such a great season.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Torbay Weekly also reporting

"Midfielder Armani Little, who had hamstring trouble before needing surgery on an allied injury this season, could be back for this Saturday's home game against promotion rivals Hartlepool United.

Also hoping to be available after missing the 1-0 FA Trophy Quarter-Final defeat at Woking at the weekend are defenders Dean Moxey (hip), Joe Lewis (concussion), goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald (suspended) and loan striker Scott Boden (cup-tied). "
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Could knowing Little mean wont be probably. moxey is always possible but probably not.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

of those 3, Little is surely the greatest 'luxury' player. If we can get Moxey back, that instantly makes our back 4 more balanced. Lewis would be a bonus.

If Little is deemed fit, he could be a decent person to have on the bench, although of course we'll be out sight (at least 4-0 up!) by half time anyway.
hey, it could happenn
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

happytorq wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 21:15 of those 3, Little is surely the greatest 'luxury' player. If we can get Moxey back, that instantly makes our back 4 more balanced. Lewis would be a bonus.

If Little is deemed fit, he could be a decent person to have on the bench, although of course we'll be out sight (at least 4-0 up!) by half time anyway.
hey, it could happenn
I have just seen a pink pig fly past my window.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

North Curry House wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 23:57 I have just seen a pink pig fly past my window.
Throw some rocking horse shit at it ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com