My experience buying a ticket for saturday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

My experience buying a ticket for saturday

Post by Dave »

Thought i would go down early this morning get my tickets for the Shrewsbury match done and dusted before there is a big que,arrive at plainmoor to find no more than about 12-15 people waiting, this looks promising, oh how wrong i could be.

Stood there for 25 minutes hang on the que has not moved,i get it now it appears they have one person serving in reception and she is selling season ticket's and Shrewsbury tickets,while the club shop are doing nothing,after just over 1 hour of standing in this massive que of 12 i finaly got my tickets :clap:

Take a :bow: TUFC your organizational skills are legedary across the kingdom :) :scarf: ,best of luck boys and girls hopefully you will have more luck.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Once again, the clubs organisation skills were nothing short of pathetic.

It really was quite embarrassing to see so many "staff" look on as one poor soul selling match tickets and season tickets on her own. Said lady close to tears as she could clearly not cope due to the total imcompetance of the commercial department once again.....and my goodness was she slow.

No one seemed to take the bull by the horns and do anything. I noticed that 3, maybe 4 directors cars were parked up, each and every one of them were hiding away, no doubt hoping the ever growing crowd would just go away.

Lady in club shop now close to tears as the clubs season ticket holders kept asking what was going on....

....Arrived to see a queue of around 30 people, then realised 20 minutes later than no-one had yet left the office with tickets!

Things could have got quite nasty, but eventually a suit did come down, and to his credit started taking cash payments through the club shop.

If there is one person who needs releasing in the summer, it's the commercial manager who clearly is just not up to the job.

1. Why start selling season tickets on the same day as Shrewsbury tickets are on sell ?(especially considering so many Grandstand folk are quite understandibly worried about where they will sit next year and wan't to get in quick)

2. Why only have one member of staff in selling tickets?

3. Why no sells of tickets through the club shop?

4. Why were no tickets on sell yesterday?

I feel sorry for many in the queue who had taken time off work to stand in that disorganised shambles, I hope none of them got a ticking off for being late back as work, as I am sure the directors will not be ticking off anyone from the commercial department.

As one fan so rightly said to the TV man when being interviewed "Are you looking forward to the match?" and he replied "It depends if I get my ticket on time!"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Went to get my ticket today...no problem! Only one person in front of me.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I've also been down to buy my tickets today. After making the mistake of going to the club shop first, I found the sales point for the Shrewsbury tickets and got one without any fuss. I was then directed back to the main reception for my season ticket.

The season ticket purchase was a lot more challenging. My observations:-

1. When you have people coming in to buy tickets for the grandstand and they have to choose a seat, make sure you have more than one person selling to speed up the process. One old boy took ages to choose.
2. Why does all the personal information have to be hand written when there is an idle computer on the desk next to the hatch? The lad who took my money, didn't have the best handwriting, made a hash of writing down my postcode and took a while to record the details for the guy in front who wanted two adult and two child tickets. Four separate sheets had to be completed with the same details on most. Somebody needs to bring the club into the 21st century.

Tickets for the away game at Shrewsbury go on sale straight after Saturdays game. If we win, expect a very long queue. I just hope they have sufficient staff on hand to take the money.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Burnham,

They're selling season tickets for the grandstand? That concerns me, a bit, although I might be reading too much into it?

As for the Shrewsbury away tickets, farce for them going on sale after the game on Saturday. They should be on sale now, for Season Ticket holders first. I have to dash away straight from Plainmoor on Saturday night, so theres no time to queue up. I know we've been given 1,200 but should we win then a lot of that could be gone straight away. Why the club aren't selling to season ticket holders first is beyond me.

:@
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Completley agree Nick. Surely one of the "perks" of being a Season Ticket Holder is you get priortiy on tickets weather there for Home or Away games first?

Surely it would of been fairer to go Saturday/Monday ST Holders/Membership Holders then General Sale from Tuesday? Still plenty of time for everyone who wants a ticket to get one.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Anyone heard when tickets for the away leg go on sale? Working away for a few days from tomorrow and worried will miss out as won't be able to get on the blower to order tickets.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Muz, they go on sale immediately after Saturdays game. To everyone. No priority to season ticket holders, and if I miss out because I can't queue, I'll be absolutely fuming. Already considering not getting a season ticket next year but this could help my decision! Ridiculous.

As Alex says, a perk of being an ST holder is so you get priority on times like this. They've done it for the home leg, why not the away one too?
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Thanks Nick. Totally agree. And you'd think there would be an incentive to sell them now, notwithstanding more convenient for fans queuing up for the 1st leg tickets. If we get tonked in the home leg, demand is not going to be great and, afterall, although this won't affect the share the club receives, the size of the cake will certainly be smaller.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yep, rather steady sales than one big long hit. I'd hate to be queuing if we won anyway - could be there all night! There's always going to be the core contingent who will buy tickets for games straight off, but it seems the club have overlooked them on this occasion. :(
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

I tried to buy a few things in the shop a while back but their card machine was broken and I ended up only able to buy the things I had enough cash on me for. The whole palaver took for ever.

Perhaps it would speed things up a bit if they had some cash-only queues for the Shrewsbury tickets with a stash of coins for the change. Sounds obvious, but ....

Let's hope our football is better than our admin on Saturday :whistle: COYY
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I had the same problem with the Card Machine for buying my ticket for the Home game. They had to write my details down and process them later so I could get back to work!
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

This is, and continues to be a major issue for this club. Having been a season ticket holder for 5 years now and had the same seats, in year two they gave away our seats to someone else despite the fact that we were within the renewal period for season ticket holders. We always enter via the Reception, go up the stairs and then hand over our tickets at the top of the stairs. During the last FA Cup game where they were equally inept by the fact that the queues stretched out of the ground, down the road and around the corner, they placed a steward in front of the reception doors and would not allow anyone through.

We, that's myself and my son have been to almost every away game this season and I will blow my lid if the army of one-time glory supporters claim a ticket for the away leg at Shrewsbury before me. Where have these fans been the rest of the season. TUFC have never stopped for a minute to consider their business model. Regular subscribers a.k.a Season Ticket holders are your (almost) guaranteed income at the club and need to be looked after - they regularly attract or bring friends/family and generally market your club for you. It is suicidal and complacent not to understand that this is the bulk of your GUARANTEED income. The emphasis always seems to be on recruiting new blood and showing very little regard for season ticket holders. What incentive is there to be loyal to the club if this is how you are treated? - I think they consider a reduction in the cost of the ticket recompense enough.

I know for one I will be speaking to both the Chairman and others about this before the new season starts. Surely it is not difficult to coordinate ticket sales and also to provide season ticket holders with priority ticket purchases - I hate inconsistency.

Next years season ticket purchase for myself and my son will depend on it! - so let's hope someone from TUFC reads the forums!

Maybe us season ticket holders should raise the issue - I intend to go to the AGM to do just that!

That's better - now breathe!

PS. Anyone know how quick you have to renew your season ticket to stop someone nicking your seats? - don't want a repeat performance of a couple of years ago!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Denspad

I would assume (dangerous I know!) that it's the same as last year, namely that season ticket holders are guaranteed the same seat provided they renew before the expiry of the "Early Bird" offer ... so the answer is the 3rd June.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Win , lose , or draw. There is no way we will take 1300 on a Friday night to Shrewsbury when its being televised on Sky to boot.

800 tops.
TUST #324