January 2021 transfers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

January 2021 transfers

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Now that we have 10 before we kick a football, I am assuming Gary’s focus will be purely on transfers. In my opinion we need a winger with a bit of pace, someone who can come on from 60-70 mins run wild and change games. I also think we need to review the goal keeper situation. We have 2 back up keepers. I would not be shocked to see an experienced Goal Keeper come in. Have Shaun learn from him and get experience from him. That can only make him a better keeper down the line. Then probably send Covolan out on loan or get rid of him. The big must before Solihull is a striker. Not a young 18 year old striker. A striker with experience in this league or even EFL. Someone who can take us up. I think considering we’re top it is a gamble to bring in a young kid to be our striker especially with Umerah is back up. Him along is not good enough. The other ? In the cloud ☁️ Is Adam Randell assuming his and Sherring loans ended today? Rumours going around (rightly so) that Adam will be going back to Argyle. That position is a massive gap and is an important position to fill if he does leave. We cannot rely on Little as he seems to be injured again for a while. I think we should be honestly looking at 3-4 more signings. With Buse going out on loan elsewhere again.
Gullstillidie

Post by Gullstillidie »

:goodpost: If Randell and Sherring aren’t snapped up on season long loans then the squad is looking a bit thin again. Sherring has done a job at right back but if he goes and Wynter is out for much longer there is no obvious replacement.

Whitfield looked tired on a heavy pitch yesterday. Surprised we did not recall Olaf over the Xmas period just for some youthful exuberance for 15-20 minutes of games. An extra winger is needed for what is still over half the season left. Nemane and Whitfield can’t play every game and still deliver.

Both Wright and Nelson who were probably the starting pair in GJs mind in pre season both appear to be out for at least the foreseeable. I rate Umerah and Waters can have an impact but given how many games are left we need to find an experienced striker to get on loan from league 2. It will be expensive and if we were mid table it would not be worth it but as league leaders the reward of pushing on makes it imperative.

I don’t think we need to panic change the keepers in January. When you look at some of the keepers we have faced this season I would argue (although prone to the odd mistake) both are in the top half of this league.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Whilst this season isn't (yet) quite as bad as last season in terms of key injuries it continues to be a huge frustration that our players seem to be having lower than average luck in terms of picking up significant issues. I can only assume it's luck rather than issues with training, physio etc.

Last season I really felt that had we not lost Wynter and Davis at such a key time then we'd have got into the play offs. This season we've suffered again at full back and the loss of Wynter has largely gone uncommented on but I do hope he's back soon. Using Sherring there is definitely the best of the options available but it gives opponents a weakness to attack and more importantly robs us of the Cameron / Sherring central partnership which looked so rock solid. Anyone have any knowledge of Wynter's injury?

I can't see Gary bringing a GK in and in all honesty both are still decent for Conference level, where there will always be errors made.

If Wright is crocked then we can definitely expect someone to come in up front. Umerah appears best suited to a substitute role at the moment and Waters seems to have suffered the TUFC injury curse already!

We couldn't have a better man at the helm though so I'm totally relaxed Gary has it all covered and will be happy to leave us to speculate. No doubt he'll be furious at the Street news being leaked prematurely and worried it ends up the same way as that local chap who was snatched by Northampton at the last moment last year!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

To try to answer your queries, as far as I know, Wynter has had a hamstring problem but is on the mend while Waters isn't injured, he missed a pre-season so is playing catch-up on a month to month contract.
The signs are Wright is to have an operation on his hamstring injury so we may not see him for some time hence the arrival of Rob Street from Crystal Palace, if the rumours are true.
As is the case with Gary Johnson, he keeps his player news quiet until he's ready to give out the information.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Personally I can't see either Sherring or Randell going.

The Argyle reporter Chris Errington is quoted as saying that Randell is going to be staying till the end of the season. Both players are automatic choices, neither will get into their parent clubs first teams so its hard to see the benefit of them returning until the end of the season.

We seem to get continued injury problems though. Not sure whether this is down to ill luck though. Nelson has been permanently crocked since we have had him. Little has been almost permanently injured and this is the second hamstring injury Wright has picked up. It seems almost certain that we won't see Nelson or Wright again this season.

I couldn't see us maintaining our form with what we have at the moment. Wynter would be a huge bonus of we could get him back as Sherring is better than Warren/Kerr at centre half.

I would agree that perhaps a game changing winger would be useful We seem to be well covered in midfield and at the back if we can get a full back fit, its up front where we are lacking. If Street is the incoming loanee hes going to need to be something special but he's inexperienced.