Yeovil Town v Torquay United Saturday 2 January 2021 K O 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Yeovil Town v Torquay United Saturday 2 January 2021 K O 3pm

Post by portugull »

Next up for United is the return fixture with Yeovil Town behind closed doors on Saturday.
Yeovil have won 2 of their last 3 games but in between suffered a 6-1 hammering at Plainmoor on Boxing Day.
They will be very determined to exact revenge on United and very aware that we have scored 10 goals in our last 2 outings.
Shaun MacDonald had a real nightmare at Huish Park on Boxing Day 2019 and I suspect Lucas Covolan may be preferred on Saturday.
To earn 3 points and a potential 14 point lead if Halifax beat Hartlepool we will have to be at our very best defensively.
I suspect Yeovil are in a false position in the League but we are scoring goals for fun so it should be a very interesting game
COYY
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

On the evidence of what we saw on Boxng day I'm not sure Yeovil are in a false position. They were woeful and have been on several occasions this season. But I accept it's likely to be tighter this time. If we are tight at the back i still think we will score a couple of goals I'm sticking my neck out on this one; another win for me. GJ will definitely have them up for it.
There seams to be so much confidence running through the squad. More than when we won National league South.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

It will definitely be much closer. We have no little or Wright now. Hall is back though and they have quigley suspended
markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

Spelt Huish Park FYI - still with no roof on the away stand - at least we won't get drenched this year
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Incentive for us to go 14 points clear today,
Hartlepool now off - frozen pitch.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I always feel nervous when Warren plays, his decision making is poor and we never look as assured at the back with him. Let's hope it's a game where his attacking threat at set pieces proves useful.

I'm not surprised to see Covolan back and it's also going to help MacDonald as his mistakes have not cost us so not too much attention on him. Good move by the manager in my opinion. I think Umerah will cause them problems with his physicality so all in all I'm looking forward to a good performance although a little nervous with the inclusion of Warren but understandable with our injury list.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Here's hoping Warren puts in a faultless performance against one of his former clubs.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Southampton Gull wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 14:46 I always feel nervous when Warren plays, his decision making is poor and we never look as assured at the back with him. Let's hope it's a game where his attacking threat at set pieces proves useful.

I'm not surprised to see Covolan back and it's also going to help MacDonald as his mistakes have not cost us so not too much attention on him. Good move by the manager in my opinion. I think Umerah will cause them problems with his physicality so all in all I'm looking forward to a good performance although a little nervous with the inclusion of Warren but understandable with our injury list.
disagree, he was great with Cameron on Boxing Day,

Kerr has looked shaky, didnt play all that great against Weymouth giving the penalty away
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Kerr and Warren have both had suspect moments in the last few games, the one thing I would say in Warren's favour is that Cameron is a far more assured centre half when playing alongside Warren.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Love that it's taken 20 minutes for the commentators to not dispute a foul given against Yeovil! Deluded doesn't even begin to cover it...

EDIT: Not overly impressed so far, need to get a grip on this game. Commentators back to disputing fouls again tho!

ALSO, can someone please tell the camera man that when the ball is down the far ends they should zoom IN and not OUT! =D
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

Its a remote camera hence the awful coverage, on one occasion the camera followed a ball being kicked out of play down to the corner when the action was up the other end of the pitch! what a couple of tossers these commentators are , COYY
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

A very poor half for us. Yeovil have done their homework and little is getting through to the front players. Only 2 attempts, neither on target although Umerah should have done better with his. Yeovil 6 attempts and 3 on target. Must improve ball retention if we are to get anything out of this game. Hopefully the manager will be able to shake things up.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!