National League Weymouth v Torquay United 28/12/20 3pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

yeovilgull wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 17:22
I also thought the commentary was excellent and very unbiased. The commentator was also good at recognising which player had the ball. Lost the commentary briefly several times during the game but it didn’t spoil it. Was this the same for others or just me?
Yes. The same happened to me as well. But other than that the streaming service was great.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Chorleygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by Chorleygull »

I asked about the highlights because my Livestream froze fifteen minutes in and I missed twenty minutes, including the Umerah goal. Also, couldn't wait to see the last goal again !
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

Modgull wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 16:59 Well we ground out the result with a class goal by the best player on the park. So disappointed with some of the defending - we made that game look close when we should have been well clear. Second half we had 8 attempts, 5 on target (but 3 not really troubling for the keeper) and 2 goals against 5 attempts by Weymouth, 3 on target and 2 goals. We must be better on Friday if we are to get a result at Yeovil. But its another 3 points!
Saturday you mean, games are on 2nd not New Years Day.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Didn't see the game as I had to work today. There seams to be quite a lot of criticism of Seam McDonald. In actual fact, I thought he had a shaky game against Yeovil even though he didn't have a lot to do. His handling, especially in the second half was suspect. I remember him almost gifting a couple of goals. I also thought he was slow off his line on occasions.
Does he need a rest?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Willowgull wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 22:03 Didn't see the game as I had to work today. There seams to be quite a lot of criticism of Seam McDonald. In actual fact, I thought he had a shaky game against Yeovil even though he didn't have a lot to do. His handling, especially in the second half was suspect. I remember him almost gifting a couple of goals. I also thought he was slow off his line on occasions.
Does he need a rest?
After a great start he's been slipping of late. Perhaps it is time to let him know standards must be kept. He's mature enough now to take it on the chin and knuckle down.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 23:18 After a great start he's been slipping of late. Perhaps it is time to let him know standards must be kept. He's mature enough now to take it on the chin and knuckle down.
I dont like chopping and changing goalkeepers just for the sake of it like what I thought happened last season. But Covolan will be bursting to prove himself again so he might just get the nod for Yeovil away. I dont think that would be a bad thing either.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm the same and being an ex keeper I know how big a thing confidence is. Shaun seems to be slipping a bit of late so in our position I'd pull the trigger now.
Dave

brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

For those who's dreams froze/wanting highlights, you can log back onto the Weymouth site and the whole game is still available to watch/skip through. That last goal was magical.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights up

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

We have two very good keepers who make fantastic saves. It's the decision making when to come and when not. Our keepers have are still very young for goalies and haven't hundreds of games under their belt.
Macdonald got away with one against Yeovil as we had the game won. If we had drawn at Weymouth people would point at him for a couple of errors. I expect Covolan to come in now.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

That's common with young keepers, especially modern day youngsters. I actually thought MacDonald had improved tremendously in his decision making and overall handling but he definitely started declining a few games ago. With us being top and having to maintain form I'd give Covolan a run in the side.
Dave