Boxing Day Fixture v Yeovil Town FC

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Fair enough nickbrod there are probably a fair few in your situation, I was just surprised that at a guess 50% ? of ST holders were not there.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Great performance today. High tempo throughout!! Really like Randall. Not sure when his loan expires but we could do with him for the season!! Injuries are a worry as they will be for all teams this year. Really hope we can keep playing our games as points on board will be more important with so many teams falling behind with their fixtures and will have to play perhaps 3 times a week for a long time. I feel we have good depth this season though. Can't remember a time when we had 4/5 strikers who can all come in and do a job. Hall coming back in tomorrow and players like Andrews, Kerr, Umerah all on the bench, coming on and doing a job!! Worry for some of our creative players like Whitfield, Evans and Nemane who cover so much ground and are having so much game time. On to Weymouth!!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Having endured a Huish Park soaking last Boxing Day and a 6-2 thrashing yesterday was the perfect result.
Football is baffling. We score 1 goal in 3 games and then hammer Yeovil 6-1. I suppose that is why we love the game.
In Lemonheigh-Evans and Nemane we had the two best players on the pitch closely followed by Moxey.
We moved the ball so quickly at times it was mesmerising. We saw yesterday why we are top of the League. On this form we are the best team.
This group are so together and it really shows.
desperado I am one of the many season ticket holders who want to be in my seat in front the Press Box BUT I cannot take the risk. I am 77 and once I get the vaccine I will be there and I hope it is soon.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Totally understand Portugull, I hope you can get vaccinated very soon in the New Year and return to Plainmoor to watch our fantastic team.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Could go 12 points clear tomorrow if Hartlepool hopefully draw with Notts County - Sutton game now off, there would be huge pressure on them to win those games in hand then. Let's get more points in the bag !
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Brief Vanarama highlights now on OS
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

portugull wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 15:42 .... I am one of the many season ticket holders who want to be in my seat in front the Press Box BUT I cannot take the risk. I am 77 and once I get the vaccine I will be there and I hope it is soon.
It really is quite safe, everybody gets a temperature test before entry, has to wear a mask and is distanced from others so come along soon.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Good God, no wonder so many choose to stay away.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

In my opinion Shopping at Tesco is fraught with more risk than a matchday experience at Plainmoor under the current Covid 19 regulations.

The stewards have been brilliant, and supporters have played their part too. The club have really thought this through and is yet another sign of the level of professionalism shown by them.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 20:56 Good God, no wonder so many choose to stay away.
I presume that is a tongue in cheek comment to create a reaction so here goes!

I'm old enough now to have a number of 'spiritual homes' and Plainmoor is certainly right at the top of the list. I, for one, can't stay away, it's in my blood as much as it was of my maternal grandfather who played for the club and then, as a fan, introduced me in the 1950's.

It's a shame that so many do stay away, or have to currently. My eight year old grandson was to have been at the match with me but overnight was 'banned' as his area (N Somerset) went into tier three from the start of Boxing Day. With other family members in the same area that meant seven spare seats (I gather that some ninety fans were caught in the same situation).

Yes, it's easy to stream a match now and put your feet up but being there..........
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It wasn't a dig at anyone just my immediate reaction to what you'd said. I don't expect anyone to share my views but whether you do or do not the whole thing is bizarre when those conditions are not required at types of gatherings deemed safe by a totally moronic leadership, who more bizarrely are constantly caught flouting the guidelines they impose on the rest of us.

I'd love nothing more than to be free to buy a season ticket just like I did during our first visit to non league where I attended most games home and away.

I'm thankful that streaming gives me the chance to watch in comfort even though that compromises my principles built up against the plundering of football by Sky.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 21:36 It wasn't a dig at anyone.....the whole thing is bizarre.............
I took no offence and agree that it is totally bizarre, as was being a 'ball boy' for the BCD matches but it is still the real thing!
Charley the Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by Charley the Gull »

Picking up portugal's comments I too am desperate to get back to Plainmoor but health reasons mean I can't at the moment. It's not just Plainmoor but most shops (especially supermarkets) as well and I know several others the same as me. So I am sure there are many who would love to be back on the terrace/benches as it just isn't the same jumping up and down at home although the streaming has been great. Fortunately I have only had two yellow cards from the wife for ungentlemanly comment towards the ref's decisions.
I will be back in 2021 but in the meantime will continue to whoop and holler at home. COYY
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights are up

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest