The return of fans

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

No talking !! Does it really say that ? Do you get thrown out if you cheer when we score.
They will have to throw the whole crowd out.
As Dave Thomas said it will be like being at a Mozart recital.
Presume clapping is allowed or will the virus leap off your hands into someone.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

desperado wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 16:47 No talking !! Does it really say that ? Do you get thrown out if you cheer when we score.
They will have to throw the whole crowd out.
As Dave Thomas said it will be like being at a Mozart recital.
Presume clapping is allowed or will the virus leap off your hands into someone.

Not as such, but it does say no shouting and when you have a mask on you have to shout to talk :). In all honesty it does sound like it will not be an enjoyable experience but I guess give it a go and see what it is like. Just as well the team are doing well as can you imagine watching a dire performance on a cold Tuesday night
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

“do’s and don’t. It will be nice to be there but no talking, singing, chanting, moving, must stand where you are told and wear a face mask” MAY AS WELL NOT BOTHER, it will be very unenjoyable and muffled. As a ST Holder I won’t be going. Mainly because of the mask. Sorry United! You’re doing well without us so.....
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

This is on the BBC Sport website referencing fans going back to EFL games tomorrow :

Supporters will be allowed to sing in support of their team - but must remain socially distant.

Surely we will be shown the same respect !
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Received my season ticket card today along with the Code of Conduct. I have to say it all makes sense to me and am pleased that the Club are making at as safe as possible to support the team in person. COYY tonight and on Saturday!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Phil
This means you are going Saturday? Brilliant! Do you know how many are being allowed in?
It's must feel like being one of the chosen ones lol
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Hi MG, yes I will be going to the Wrexham game on Saturday. The ticket website is now open for those without season tickets who will be allowed in two blocks of BB, two blocks of the FS, two blocks of the Popside and all of the away end. Since the rest of the ground is reserved for season-ticket holders I guess this would imply a capacity in excess of 1,000 but short of 2,000. The website does not say this - it is my supposition based on total season ticket sales of around 800 - 1,000 which I think would be in line with previous years.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Prepare yourself to be closely monitored and policed by over zealous stewards, I wonder how many fans will be removed from the stadium? It will be like going to a funeral. Not for me I’m sad to say, the protocol will be so tangible, the freedom, fun and enjoyment will be void, at least when watching it livestream you kind of get used to not seeing fans and it feels almost normal as you’re distracted by the action on the pitch, but being at Plainmoor you will be constantly reminded of the Effin virus every second. Depressing. I just hope they win for the fans that do go.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

After reading the comments I was wondering whether to bother going as there is no way that I will quietly stand there when we have scored ! However have just read the code of conduct on the TUFC website and although there are lots of do' and don'ts which is unsurprising there is nothing there that appears over the top.

Where talking / shouting is concerned it says :

• Due to the risk of airborne transmission, please be aware of your responsibility to others when
shouting, singing or celebrating.

Yes, have to wear a mask at all times and stay where you should be "wherever possible" but if you can accept that then it should be a good day out... especially when we play well and win.

Off to get my season ticket
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

:goodpost:
pnutgull wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 10:37 After reading the comments I was wondering whether to bother going as there is no way that I will quietly stand there when we have scored ! However have just read the code of conduct on the TUFC website and although there are lots of do' and don'ts which is unsurprising there is nothing there that appears over the top.

Where talking / shouting is concerned it says :

• Due to the risk of airborne transmission, please be aware of your responsibility to others when
shouting, singing or celebrating.

Yes, have to wear a mask at all times and stay where you should be "wherever possible" but if you can accept that then it should be a good day out... especially when we play well and win.

Off to get my season ticket
Totally agree!!! May be a bit different for a while but a good performance and a win is what I'm there for!! Got the seats I paid for. Be interested if others have been moved?
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

So has the Livestream service been ditched. I just can’t get excited about being part of what will amount to an episode of the Walking dead . I know it will be a gradual transition but I love football for the passion and unpredictability, the highs and lows.
If I wanted to not shout , cheer or jump about I would just go to work and get paid for doing just that.
The livestream of games would supplement the income until the virus is well and truly beaten, but I fear economics will now rule and the paying supporter may have to just stand still and observer like an umpire of a tennis match.
I hope I am so wrong .
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 20:46 So has the Livestream service been ditched. I just can’t get excited about being part of what will amount to an episode of the Walking dead . I know it will be a gradual transition but I love football for the passion and unpredictability, the highs and lows.
If I wanted to not shout , cheer or jump about I would just go to work and get paid for doing just that.
The livestream of games would supplement the income until the virus is well and truly beaten, but I fear economics will now rule and the paying supporter may have to just stand still and observer like an umpire of a tennis match.
I hope I am so wrong .
Yes the livestream is continuing.
You've said yourself there will be a gradual transition, so what's the problem? :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 21:00 Yes the livestream is continuing.
You've said yourself there will be a gradual transition, so what's the problem? :-/
Not sure where it says I can't shout, cheer or jump up and down!! Like work / shopping things are a little different. Can't believe anyone don't want to watch their club currently riding high at the top of the league!!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I would love to watch them in person like everyone else . You may have heard that there is a virus going round and as I live with someone who is on the clinically vulnerable list I would rather watch from home and do my bit to keep them same until we are vaccinated. So before jumping to conclusions about my commitment or anyone else’s just stop and think before opening ones trap.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 21:00 Yes the livestream is continuing.
The problem is old chum I can’t find the normal link , which suggested that they may not be streaming . If you or anyone can find it I would be most grateful.