National League - Hartlepool v Torquay United - BT Sport - 31/10/20 - 5:20pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Who's Jamie?
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

:clap:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I believe in Uncle Clarke!!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

If we ever get to attend a match again, i expect our fans to be chanting Clarke Osbourne's yellow army. This includes you Southampton Gull and SuperNickyWroe. I also expect to see Merse holding a giant flag with it written in large capital letters !!!!!!!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

wivelgull wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 19:44 I believe in Uncle Clarke!!
Uncle Clarke for PM
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's the first time since Stockport I've seen the team play, and what a difference, having a few players back and confidence from a good run of results has made. The pleasing for me after last season is the defence, much more organised and solid, the fitness of the team is a massive plus as well, they never gave Hartlepool the time and space to get their game going still full of running at the end of the game, apart from the impressive Molineux out wide kept a good Hartlepool team quiet.

In respond to some of what I've on social media, our fans were right to have concerns about Wright, his age, speed and recent goal scoring record so no need to be bitching at any fan for expressing those concerns, however I think it's fair say Danny Wright has well and truly pout those concerns to bed now, nothing wrong with his fitness, speed and his composure in front of goal is frightening, given a clear cut chance you'd fancy Wright to score 'feed the Wright and he will score' ;-)

Just got to keep this team fit and healthy, you'd wouldn't back against us good time to be a Torquay fan.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

forevertufc wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 20:11
In respond to some of what I've on social media, our fans were right to have concerns about Wright, his age, speed and recent goal scoring record so no need to be bitching at any fan for expressing those concerns, however I think it's fair say Danny Wright has well and truly pout those concerns to bed now, nothing wrong with his fitness, speed and his composure in front of goal is frightening, given a clear cut chance you'd fancy Wright to score 'feed the Wright and he will score' ;-)
Hands-up for being guilty of this but a wonderful feeling to be proven wrong.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Basically last season was in a team that just launched the ball up to him and manager got sacked. Plainly obvious you give him proper service and he will score. Johnson was his boss at Cheltenham and Asa was there too.
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

And announced football will carry on!!
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Terrific performance from. Yes the poolies defended poorly but we did the job required.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

What a performance ! And I humbly apologize to Danny Wright who I said I couldn't see scoring more than 10-12 goals from open play, 5 and a pen already. Well done Danny !
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Went to a handful of matches in the north last season, and never once saw the Jamie Reid that people raved about. What we saw was a lazy bottler who shyed out of the physical stuff, walked about watching the match and very occasionally coming to life.

When he left it was (for some) like the sky had caved in.

Any thoughts now from the same Jamie lovers?
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Great performance, played some great stuff. And agree with some previous posts if we keep everyone fit who knows where we will end up this year. 2 away wins 8 goals is certainly a statement. We are blessed with a manager who certainly know what is needed to get out of this division. Maybe we are also blessed with a chairman is prepared to finance the rise from the ashes back to the promise land of football league.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

2 away wins 9 goals is an even better statement.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MellowYellow wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 20:15 Hands-up for being guilty of this but a wonderful feeling to be proven wrong.
it is indeed, must admit I shared those same concerns, they were honest opinions and were justified, just don't think anyone should be getting stick for it. When it comes to TUFC I'm only to happy to be proved wrong. :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc