FA Cup 1st Round Draw - Home to Crawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 10:30 Yep a real shame. :@
35,000 fans at the NRL final too.......
How is it Bishops Stortford v St Albans had 600 fans on Monday? I mean ffs, what he frig is that all about?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

notnow wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 08:24 How is it Bishops Stortford v St Albans had 600 fans on Monday? I mean ffs, what he frig is that all about?
This whole 'elite' bollocks is a joke. My local team (Tonbridge Angels) have been drawn against Bradford City in the 1st round - the first time they have made it this far since the 70s. What would've been a bumper pay-day for the club with a sell-out crowd is now going to attract the grand total of 4, maybe 5, stewards* (strange, but true), a security guard* (to look after the stewards I guess), a stadium announcer* (to announce to who ffs!) and NO BLOODY FANS.

:red:

*in attendance at the Angels v Taunton 4th qualifying round.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 11:22 This whole 'elite' bollocks is a joke. My local team (Tonbridge Angels) have been drawn against Bradford City in the 1st round - the first time they have made it this far since the 70s. What would've been a bumper pay-day for the club with a sell-out crowd is now going to attract the grand total of 4, maybe 5, stewards* (strange, but true), a security guard* (to look after the stewards I guess), a stadium announcer* (to announce to who ffs!) and NO BLOODY FANS.

:red:

*in attendance at the Angels v Taunton 4th qualifying round.
Bradford are doing there bit....
They have so far raised £2,000 for Tonbridge to help cover their loss from a bumper crowd. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 11:26
Bradford are doing there bit....
They have so far raised £2,000 for Tonbridge to help cover their loss from a bumper crowd. :clap:
It's actually not far off the £4k mark now. A brilliant effort by Bradford fans... :keepie:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... =5AQZxY6mg

Just goes to show that the football community spirit is alive and kicking in these sh!te times.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

We get paid 12,500 for having our game moved to Sunday. All helps at the moment
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

As an exile I don't have access to the BBC IPlayer.........or do I? My local sports bar can get just about anything, including the Div 1 and 2 iPlayer games. So, is this game streamed as a standalone game or is it part of an extended coverage of several from a studio? I see 1 of the games has multi cameras, the rest have 1. So I'm wondering if it's worth badgering them to put it on.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You can always use a proxy?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think the whole game is live on the BBC website??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54737562
still keeping the faith
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

davethegull2 wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 07:39 As an exile I don't have access to the BBC IPlayer.........or do I? My local sports bar can get just about anything, including the Div 1 and 2 iPlayer games. So, is this game streamed as a standalone game or is it part of an extended coverage of several from a studio? I see 1 of the games has multi cameras, the rest have 1. So I'm wondering if it's worth badgering them to put it on.
this forum is on the net, therefore i would presume, as you have access, you have access to bbc services including the i player. :~D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

grockle wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 10:05 this forum is on the net, therefore i would presume, as you have access, you have access to bbc services including the i player. :~D
Geographical location prevents his access, a proxy server would address the issue. I like what I did there ;-)
Dave

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 11:03 Geographical location prevents his access, a proxy server would address the issue. I like what I did there ;-)
Or a VPN ;-)
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

The best time to be a Torquay United fan for many years and we are deprived of it, which in fairness to the people whoever they are, and happen to be vulnerable to covid must be observed I guess, but I feel desperately sad for our players and fans who have to stand by and watch other teams in lower leagues welcome 100s of fans to their smaller grounds. ridiculous.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

notnow wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 14:46 The best time to be a Torquay United fan for many years and we are deprived of it, which in fairness to the people whoever they are, and happen to be vulnerable to covid must be observed I guess, but I feel desperately sad for our players and fans who have to stand by and watch other teams in lower leagues welcome 100s of fans to their smaller grounds. ridiculous.
Especially as the virus isn't dangerous before 10pm.
Dave