FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round v Sholing

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Excellent article - just shows the contradictions in the government's current policies. Nice to see TUFC get a mention in the New York Times!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Griff1n wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 20:46 On Saturday October, 10 th, the Gulls played at Bromley and as we know, being elite clubs, no fans were allowed in to watch the game. On Sunday, 11th October, non-elite side Cray Wandereres played at home at the same ground and this time their fans were allowed to watch. This article in the NYTimes explains where we’re at:-

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/spor ... -fans.html

:goodpost:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I have just read a statement on the Torquay website stating that next weekends F A Cup match at Sholing can be attended by home fans only and that Torquay supporters should not try to obtain tickets as they will be refused entry to the ground. As Southampton Gull says that he has a ticket for the game, because he's been mean to me and others, do you think i should alert Sholing and send them a photo of his ugly mug ? Brucie, don't fear. I still aim to carry out my intentions as per our exchange of emails from January.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

still fervently hoping against hope that there will be some sort of streaming on offer for the Sholing game.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 15:57 I have just read a statement on the Torquay website stating that next weekends F A Cup match at Sholing can be attended by home fans only and that Torquay supporters should not try to obtain tickets as they will be refused entry to the ground. As Southampton Gull says that he has a ticket for the game, because he's been mean to me and others, do you think i should alert Sholing and send them a photo of his ugly mug ? Brucie, don't fear. I still aim to carry out my intentions as per our exchange of emails from January.
Only if you want put your life in your hands.

.....In fact do it. It would then be much better on here.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 14:15 Managed to conjure up tickets to the game so we'll have a vocal backing of sorts.

Paul Samain who many will remember as our drummer during the promotion campaign, he's now a follower of Sholing and has been since the season they won at Wembley in the FA Vase. Obviously he's a certified glory hunter but I'm sure any commentary will pick him and his drum up.
Well as a TUFC fan im sure you'll be donating those to some Sholing fans in light of current restrictions

I dont agree with them at all, fans can be safely managed in open air venues however going against them is not the way to make a stand imo.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

SuperNickyWroe, i love you man. welcome to the new season. I think that i can handle a softie like SG. Be warned however, i did take judo lessons when i was 9 years old. if that fails, well the Mrs has a black belt in Origami !!!!!!!!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 16:49 Well as a TUFC fan im sure you'll be donating those to some Sholing fans in light of current restrictions

I dont agree with them at all, fans can be safely managed in open air venues however going against them is not the way to make a stand imo.
Pretty sure they don't have 400 fans so they should all have one anyway. Plus it's not as if SG is travelling up there from Devon is it, he lives there anyway so can't see how it's a problem.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 15:57
As Southampton Gull says that he has a ticket for the game, because he's been mean to me and others, do you think i should alert Sholing and send them a photo of his ugly mug ?

Security on the gate: Hello Dave me o' mate, not far to travel for this one, in you go. ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Trojan 67 wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 17:50
Security on the gate: Hello Dave me o' mate, not far to travel for this one, in you go. ;-)
"Hi Boss, all quiet, no away fans" ;-)
Dave

Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Godalming Gull »

Griff1n wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 20:46 On Saturday October, 10 th, the Gulls played at Bromley and as we know, being elite clubs, no fans were allowed in to watch the game. On Sunday, 11th October, non-elite side Cray Wandereres played at home at the same ground and this time their fans were allowed to watch. This article in the NYTimes explains where we’re at:-

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/spor ... -fans.html
Just caught up with this... yes it really shows the problems we have in trying to get the Covid response correct. I am off to Cray Wanderers on Wednesday to see my home team Bognor Regis Town play a league game. Really sad I could not go to the same ground.. sit in the same seat and watch the boys in yellow play.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Unfortunately we are not BBC live game on the red button. Ilkeston and Hartlepool are.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull. I expect a full match report from you on this forum on Saturday night. lucky b#####d.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 18:06 "Hi Boss, all quiet, no away fans" ;-)
:lol: :clap:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I contacted Sholing yesterday about whether they were going to stream the match, This morning the reply from the club was "Still in discussions with Torquay" what ever that means. Hopefully they can come to some agreement.