National League - Torquay United v Dover Athletic - 17 October 2020 - 3.00pm kick-off

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

You have to say that was a very good performance. Should have been about 8-2 . Improved performance from Wright, though I cant see him scoring more than 10-12 goals but the rest of his game should benefit the team, hopefully Nelson will provide the sharpness in front of goal.
Cameron has been superb this season and we seem to have been working on him at getting his head on corners which is much improved.
Hopefully Randell will as Ryan Lowe indicated be here until January hopefully longer Could do with Sherring for a lot longer too. Moxey had a very impressive game too, what a ball that was to Nemane in the box in the first half. Like to see Nemane have a bit more belief and go past people and deliver a cross but overall a better start points wise and performance wise than I was expecting.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Great win. Great start to the season long may it continue. Nice to be sitting on top of the league again. Any idea when fans will be able to return to plainmoor!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Cameron off to a good start towards your 5 goals already Portugull - good prediction !
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Wright wont be playing wek in week out. He is 36 now. I'm sure Nelson was in GJ mind and Umerah too at start of season. You have Britton on loan for a while.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

yeovilgull wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 16:00 Is it just my laptop or is everyone’s picture going blurry every time the camera is moved? Good first half overall though.

Out of focus and poor lighting. Was it a mobile camera phone mounted on a fixed selfie stick?

Compare with the Bromley coverage and see the difference between professional and amateur equipment.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Should have scored more if I'm being picky. Enjoyed the game, well done GJ and the Team. So far so good. The Hartlepool game could be a table topper so I'm really looking forward to watching that in my local sports bar in Kamala, Phuket on BT Sport.

Now the TUFC coverage. Amateurish, blurred, unengaging, missed opportunity, disappointing and I won't be buying it again. Does the club realise that there are 2 teams playing and opponents fans might actually spend their hard earned money? If I was a Stockport, Chesterfield or Dover fan I would want my money back for such shoddy treatment. Poor at best.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think we're being a little harsh. They listened to us when we asked for some half time content, not only that but they have a short after match results catch up. The commentary team are primarily radio hosts, give them a chance. Personally I thought they were very praising of Dover and Chesterfield before that. It's not Sky Sports with an unlimited budget. For me the £9 cost is a huge saving on a matchday experience that normally runs into three figures and I'm sure other exiles are enjoying the chance to see the action live.

Give them a chance guys and gals.
Dave

Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

I agree with SG. At my age and distance from Torquay it is great to be able to see my team again. I am not too concerned about the commentary so long as I can see the action. Thoughts on the game: United have one weakness - a goal scorer. Should have been 6 instead of 2 goals. Thought both goalkeepers had good games.
gillygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by gillygull »

Absolutely agree with SG. £9 with some money going to the club and being able to watch the Gulls on TV for a whole game seems good value. The camera work did the job and the commentary was what we'd normally get on Radio Devon for a match. Be grateful. And no f*****g VAR stoppages!!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Not sure why the club would be providing commentary tailored around away fans? It's not like they are going to be coming back again if they like the product is it? This is a TUFC production so should be presented as such, fairly sure MUTV coverage is biased towards the Mancs (and rightly so).

I would have thought that those living abroad would be delighted to get the opportunity to see their side play for once. If you don't like the commentary then just turn it iff, after all you don't get commentary when you're at the game do you?
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

It just goes to show you can't please everyone all the time! How the hell do some people expect a Club in our position to have what they term a "professional" streaming product? We are fortunate they can even afford what we get. I am sure others would complain if the service was too polished saying we should have spent the extra costs on the team!

Actually, I think it is a pretty good offering and my son, who watched with me on Saturday and enjoyed the coverage as well as the performance, says he will be purchasing viewings for the rest of the season. In that respect, can you bulk buy passes for a discount?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hi Phil. When you go to the Inplayer page it offers the chance to buy a bulk ticket or individual games. My understanding is the saving doesn't really amount to much so if you might miss a couple of games it isn't cost effective.
Dave

Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 01:14 Hi Phil. When you go to the Inplayer page it offers the chance to buy a bulk ticket or individual games. My understanding is the saving doesn't really amount to much so if you might miss a couple of games it isn't cost effective.
Thanks Dave, I'll let him know. I'm OK as a season ticket holder but he could benefit from the offer. Phil
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Modgull wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 23:43 It just goes to show you can't please everyone all the time! How the hell do some people expect a Club in our position to have what they term a "professional" streaming product?
For me the difference between the Stockport/Chesterfield games and saturday's against Dover were stark. Those first two games had very good streaming quality, but the latest one not so much. If I hadn't heard other people with the same issue I'd probably have put it down to something to do with my network.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Godalming Gull »

:goodpost:
Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 09:35 I think we're being a little harsh. They listened to us when we asked for some half time content, not only that but they have a short after match results catch up. The commentary team are primarily radio hosts, give them a chance. Personally I thought they were very praising of Dover and Chesterfield before that. It's not Sky Sports with an unlimited budget. For me the £9 cost is a huge saving on a matchday experience that normally runs into three figures and I'm sure other exiles are enjoying the chance to see the action live.

Give them a chance guys and gals.

Good sensible posting Southampton Gull. Thank you.