National League | Torquay United v Stockport County | 03/10/20 3pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Cockney Cockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Cockney Cockers »

They woz robbed.
Before the three subs came on the pass completion rate for us must have been an all time low. Absolutely shocking.
Looked a proper shape with Hall and Randall in the middle with Nemane shuffled out to the right.
Lucky lucky.
Nice touch from the team and Gary to come over to applaud the popside at the end, with the fist pump n all.
Wonder what the "attendance" was?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

As we now know this streaming is going to be the way of the world for some time to come, so with that in mind, perhaps we can put a gantry at the back of Bristows bench then at least we can have coverage of the whole pitch.
On the few comments so far, pretty much agree, Stockport can rightly feel they were robbed. Covolan saved us countless times along with nemane at the death, our midfield first half played as if it was a training game, forward line were anonymous first half and most of second. Poor old Buse just does not get pro football, he didnt stop one cross coming in and they were obviously targeting him as a weakness, the subs made all the difference and that lad Brittton is going to be a find. Tuesday, Hall to start at least for a half, Britton up front and put nemane back on the wing because midfielder he aint. Very, very lucky three points.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

forevertufc wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 17:01 For me as half time I think a great deal of credit has to go down to Colovan and the defence, bar a few mistakes which you're always going to get, thought our defensive unit were excellent against the very dominant Stockport side.

If I was to be critical, it would be on Gary Johnson, I understand he's always been a manager that doesn't feed new signings straight in the team, I'd like to see him become little ruthless with selections, I know we have a few out, and some playing out of position today, but Nemane was like a fish out of water in the centre and we have Randell sat on the bench for 75 minutes, Hall I think was carrying a knock, but as soon as we put two proper midfielder's in the centre, it brought balance to the team, turned the game on it's head and the team win, a game they should have lost.
A pretty good summary. We had five attempts, all on target in the last few minutes to make nine in total (7 on target). What it doesn't mention is that Nemane was a different player once the changes were made and he provided the assist for the goal and then cleared off the line at the death.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 17:01 For me as half time I think a great deal of credit has to go down to Colovan and the defence, bar a few mistakes which you're always going to get, thought our defensive unit were excellent against the very dominant Stockport side.

If I was to be critical, it would be on Gary Johnson, I understand he's always been a manager that doesn't feed new signings straight in the team, I'd like to see him become little ruthless with selections, I know we have a few out, and some playing out of position today, but Nemane was like a fish out of water in the centre and we have Randell sat on the bench for 75 minutes, Hall I think was carrying a knock, but as soon as we put two proper midfielder's in the centre, it brought balance to the team, turned the game on it's head and the team win, a game they should have lost.
Good summary Dave.
Nice to get a win when we haven't been the best team - how many games have we dominated to then get caught out??
I would have took 0-0 and a point at half time..... :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

I ought to add that I thought the coverage was pretty good (well done to the Club) and was really pleased that I was able to mirror my iMac to the TV so that we could see the game in comfort.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

They weren't really robbed though were they. They had nigh on a fully squad. Ours were all over the shop with players out of position and a makeshift defence.

Promotion favourites who I think had played six friendlies - double the amount we had managed. Sure they should have won easily but having said I thought they wilted badly in the last ten minutes when we created three or four good chances to have won the game.

Hard to judge anything from that game really.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Enjoyed the stream, well done to all involved.

As others have said the Subs were the game changers and brought several waves of enjoyable, attacking, football. The deflected shot onto crossbar had me out my seat, as did their keepers' excellent save from Britton's improbable tight angle shot.

Covolan made a couple of quality saves, and of course Nemane saved our bacon.

I wouldn't say County were robbed but they will certainly be travelling home feeling they deserved something!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Could this streaming be a money spinner? I wonder how many away streamers ( Stockport fans ) there were, What about Stockport and Torquay supporters around the world, did they also stream the game?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

wodger of awabia wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 19:26 Could this streaming be a money spinner? I wonder how many away streamers ( Stockport fans ) there were, What about Stockport and Torquay supporters around the world, did they also stream the game?
Isn't the government "bail out" based on lost income? So I guess any payments we receive will take into account money made from the streaming :|
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I was watching from Norway. A great quality on the streaming. Well worth the money and I will definitely continue buying at least the home matches. A frustrating game to watch, with the passing all over the place and all the panic clearances from the backline. Thankfully the subs brought some calmness to the team.

How many games are Moxey suspended? Hopefully Warren and Kerr is back soon as well. Bring on Eastleigh on Tuesday.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

I can only hope this reminds our local council of just how important TUFC are to the local economy. If it were not for Covid, between 500/1000 Stockport fans would have been at today's game, with many making a weekend of it.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Ok so saw the match with a lot of buffering due to my previously mentioned slow broadband. This is a great result against the league favourites!! Just great to see league football again at Plainmoor!! GJ pulled a rabbit out the hat with the 3 signings who all looked good!! Gonna do ok this season I reckon!!!!!
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Whydoibother »

Not a great game at all. Substitutes certainly changed that but 7 missing in the end . A change for a late goal for us too.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

rickl wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 20:31 I was watching from Norway. A great quality on the streaming. Well worth the money and I will definitely continue buying at least the home matches. A frustrating game to watch, with the passing all over the place and all the panic clearances from the backline. Thankfully the subs brought some calmness to the team.

How many games are Moxey suspended? Hopefully Warren and Kerr is back soon as well. Bring on Eastleigh on Tuesday.
Moxey out for two more games.
Happily take those three points !!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 17:50 They weren't really robbed though were they. They had nigh on a fully squad. Ours were all over the shop with players out of position and a makeshift defence.

Promotion favourites who I think had played six friendlies - double the amount we had managed. Sure they should have won easily but having said I thought they wilted badly in the last ten minutes when we created three or four good chances to have won the game.

Hard to judge anything from that game really.
Other than we beat the bookies favourites for the title :)
Lucy