National League | Torquay United v Stockport County | 03/10/20 3pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

National League | Torquay United v Stockport County | 03/10/20 3pm KO

Post by Trojan 67 »

Come out from behind the armchairs, sit in it, pay your streaming fee of £9 and get behind the Gulls!

https://torquayunited.com/get-ready-for ... ifference/

Full commentary and analysis of the match from commentators Ray Duffy and Dave Thomas
Score updates from across the National League throughout the afternoon
Action replays of all the main talking points throughout the match
Pre & Post match interviews with manager Gary Johnson
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Let's hope we're not hiding behind the sofa!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

have they said any more about the streaming yet? Where to get it, for example?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 14:14 have they said any more about the streaming yet? Where to get it, for example?
Info here....

https://torquayunited.com/get-ready-for ... ifference/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

I guess they literally updated things just after I made my comment. Typical. (although I think you have the wrong page - it should be https://torquayunited.com/watch-united- ... port-live/)

had a quick look - £9 a game or £190 for the season, right? That season price is a discount of £8, which isn't a huge amount, so I expect I'm going to just pay my 9 quid for each match that I can watch (living in a different time zone means that midweek games will be tough for me, anyway).

That's not bad.

What would be helpful, if anybody gets time to do it (hopefully I'll time this weekend myself!) will be to see what the situation is at other clubs; naturally this streaming applies to games at Plainmoor only, so I wonder if other teams will be doing something similar.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

happytorq wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 19:43 I guess they literally updated things just after I made my comment. Typical. (although I think you have the wrong page - it should be https://torquayunited.com/watch-united- ... port-live/)

had a quick look - £9 a game or £190 for the season, right? That season price is a discount of £8, which isn't a huge amount, so I expect I'm going to just pay my 9 quid for each match that I can watch (living in a different time zone means that midweek games will be tough for me, anyway).

That's not bad.

What would be helpful, if anybody gets time to do it (hopefully I'll time this weekend myself!) will be to see what the situation is at other clubs; naturally this streaming applies to games at Plainmoor only, so I wonder if other teams will be doing something similar.
Stockport are charging £7.50, Wealdstone £9.99, Wrexham £10.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Paid £600 for season tickets for me and lad!! Get live streaming for free as a season ticket holder!! My current broadband with sky is 3.5 mb. No fibre available in my area at minute!!!! Rung just about all providers who tell me local cab is full!! Managed to see about 3 seconds of Hemel Hempstead friendly!! Great!!😭😭
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I shall be there (on the sofa!) on Saturday. Just hope the broadband connection is up to it.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by fred »

Modgull wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 21:08 I shall be there (on the sofa!) on Saturday. Just hope the broadband connection is up to it.
Let's hope so!! Very frustrating looking at blank screen. As previously said my Sky broadband is not up to it.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

fred wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 21:06 Paid £600 for season tickets for me and lad!! Get live streaming for free as a season ticket holder!! My current broadband with sky is 3.5 mb. No fibre available in my area at minute!!!! Rung just about all providers who tell me local cab is full!! Managed to see about 3 seconds of Hemel Hempstead friendly!! Great!!😭😭
That should be fine mate. Turn off all other devices / take off WiFi during the stream.

Where do you live? My team at Openreach are currently building full fibre broadband for Torquay and Paignton, so if local 1gb speeds coming soon.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by fred »

Louis wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 21:38 That should be fine mate. Turn off all other devices / take off WiFi during the stream.

Where do you live? My team at Openreach are currently building full fibre broadband for Torquay and Paignton, so if local 1gb speeds coming soon.
Thanks for the feedback!! I'm in Kingsteignton so not exactly in the sticks!! I've rung everyone with the same answer. Fibre is in your area but local cab full!! BT said they could guarantee fibre to all by 2025!! Cheers!! Ive left my details with open reach who will contact me when available!! Not sure what you mean by take off WiFi during stream! Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your help!!
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Not tech savvy! can i watch this on my smart TV?
If so would appreciate advice on how to do it
Thanks
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Bert wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 22:30 Not tech savvy! can i watch this on my smart TV?
If so would appreciate advice on how to do it
Thanks
Yes go to your browser within your TV. My Samsung smart TV app for the internet is called "internet" perhaps yours is similar? Then Google Torquay United and get to the stream via the official website.

That or cast from your mobile / tablet if you can?

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

fred wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 21:53 Thanks for the feedback!! I'm in Kingsteignton so not exactly in the sticks!! I've rung everyone with the same answer. Fibre is in your area but local cab full!! BT said they could guarantee fibre to all by 2025!! Cheers!! Ive left my details with open reach who will contact me when available!! Not sure what you mean by take off WiFi during stream! Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your help!!
Annoying. Yeah capacity is full by the sounds of it and awaiting an upgrade. I build full fibre and not to cabinet so not sure on the process for that but hopefully it will be upgraded or we've full fibre your area soon.

And ps I meant turn off not take off. So for example if you're watching on your tablet turn WiFi off on your mobile so it's not sharing the speed and slowing your stream.

Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Many thanks Louis
Bert