Fixtures 2020/21

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Just a thought - maybe the club shop could start selling TUFC branded toilet rolls??!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Coronavirus: Plans for fans to return to sport events in October called off: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

DWB wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 09:48 Maybe if more people had listened to this “bungling lot in office” and practiced social distancing more strictly then this latest situation wouldn’t have arisen. We ALL have a responsibility in these times.
:goodpost: It needs to be said.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

It would have been better if this bungling lot were not in office and they were not giving millions in PPE contracts to their mates who of course have nothing to do with supplying PPE. Disgusting bunch of corrupt lying fraudsters. They are a disgrace on EVERY level.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

NL says no start on 3 October if no crowds. Government says no crowds for up to six months. On that basis season start is probably delayed until 1 April. By then many of the clubs could have folded so it could be a very short season!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

This is utter nonsense , when will some common sense prevail. They could at least allow NL clubs to have 1000 in the ground . Get everyone wearing masks and when leaving the ground if necessary, it's outdoors for Christ's sake !
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

Here is a suggestion for the NL to consider if crowds not allowed in grounds. All Clubs to play behind closed doors and offer free live streaming of games (home and away) to season ticket holders. All non-season ticket holders to be allowed to purchase tickets to stream individual matches or groups of matches, home and away, at a price which still gives a discount to season-ticket holders. All income to be retained by the home Club, including away games. No idea what the costs of this would be to the home club and whether all Clubs have the infrastructure to stream games but could it provide sufficient income streams to keep the league going?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DWB wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 09:48
We are all frustrated and fed up with the different world we live in today. I personally think the government have done ok in what is such an unprecedented set of circumstances and no matter who is in charge a lot of decisions needed and will still need to be met In an ever changing set of challenges.
The return of crowds, however small, to sporting events, was always going to be a big step. You say Plainmoor could easily accommodate a socially distanced crowd. That is as maybe if everyone stayed in one place. There would be inevitable ‘pinch points’ around the ground, probably no catering and what about the pop side, where incidentally I have purchased a season ticket. Torquay score, how are the crowd going to celebrate, probably by jumping on one another?!
Maybe if more people had listened to this “bungling lot in office” and practiced social distancing more strictly then this latest situation wouldn’t have arisen. We ALL have a responsibility in these times.
Then explain to me why I can go to the Indoor Shopping Centre's like Meadowhall, Sheffield or the Trafford Centre, Manchester and walk around with many thousand people, but I cant stand outside to watch a football match where as a maximum 2,500 fans would attend????
And dont say its about getting "in and out" as I have to do the same via the car park or train station to get into the shopping centre.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

Then explain to me why I can go to the Indoor Shopping Centre's like Meadowhall, Sheffield or the Trafford Centre, Manchester and walk around with many thousand people, but I cant stand outside to watch a football match where as a maximum 2,500 fans would attend????
And dont say its about getting "in and out" as I have to do the same via the car park or train station to get into the shopping centre.

Maybe you have answered your own question as those areas of the country are having more stringent restrictions applied due to a higher increase in cases?.
I appreciate that here in South Devon the amount of cases are really small but I guess we have to follow the National guidelines in respect of sporting venues.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DWB wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:06 Then explain to me why I can go to the Indoor Shopping Centre's like Meadowhall, Sheffield or the Trafford Centre, Manchester and walk around with many thousand people, but I cant stand outside to watch a football match where as a maximum 2,500 fans would attend????

Maybe you have answered your own question as those areas of the country are having more stringent restrictions applied due to a higher increase in cases?.
I appreciate that here in South Devon the amount of cases are really small but I guess we have to follow the National guidelines in respect of sporting venues.
No I haven't - you have obviously missed the point.
I can visit indoor shopping centres with many thousand people but not an outdoor football match.
There are no stringent measures as you put it here in South Yorkshire where Meadowhall is.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

Ok fair enough. Think we are both/all disappointed that we cannot go and watch live football at our level especially as I have purchased a season ticket!!
I for one, although a Liverpool fan, would much rather go and watch my local team live than watch the premiership on TV.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

grockle wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 10:52 There is probably no one with more knowledge about TUFC than Dave Thomas, having reported on them for decades. Such a shame, if this is not coming across during the streaming. :goal:
Not questioning the chaps TUFC credentials, he's just boring af. I'll subscribe and watch the games but I think they could get others in to make it a better product. The other guy (Ray?) is good.

A while back they had various former/injured players helping out on online commentary/summarising. Asa Hall last couple of seasons was fairly good. Before that I remember Craig Easton being fairly radio friendly.

I guess my point is they've done a good job at getting this service online. The broadcast is limited to one camera angle and the picture quality is unlikely to improve, that's accepted. I'll pay or subscribe to whatever live content we put out but I think if they brought someone in with a bit more energy rather than harping on about wishing referees well then it'd enhance the broadcast. Give DT the 15 mins dead air time whilst everyone gets a brew at half time.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

budegull1954 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 10:14 Just a thought - maybe the club shop could start selling TUFC branded toilet rolls??!!
Be better selling toilet paper with Exeter or Argyle printed on it, or are you implying that we are ****
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Coronavirus: Fans may not be able to return to sporting events until at least end of March: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DWB wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 17:59 Ok fair enough. Think we are both/all disappointed that we cannot go and watch live football at our level especially as I have purchased a season ticket!!
I for one, although a Liverpool fan, would much rather go and watch my local team live than watch the premiership on TV.
:-D
Defo......
Or drive for 4 1/2 hours to watch a TUFC home game! :clap:

TUST Member 468