Fixtures 2020/21

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 23:02 I am not so sure - the' rule of six' is for us mere mortals who live in family households to prevent granny from coming around for Christmas. Operations that have money tills that ka-ching are exempt. You can still go to paid events with mass participation such paint-balling or grouse shooting with reasonable social distance measures.

For example. last week-end 3,500 runners paid £38 (ka-ching) to run the Kew Gardens 10k which included Former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Sajid Javid. The 3,500 runners were spread out over different arrival times and holding zones, while starting four at a time to get around the 'rule of six'. This does not mean they did not congregate by the hundreds whilst running around the course. Whilst friends and family of runners were supposedly not able to spectate inside Kew Gardens this year, all were welcome to enter Kew Gardens afterwards to make a day of it. So how many in the park - 10,000 ? - a little more than the 'rule of six' don't you think.
Ka-ching!
The "rule of six" - whatever its is/for -didn't start until Monday...
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 23:39 The "rule of six" - whatever its is/for -didn't start until Monday...
Fair do's clever clogs. :bow:

To keep you happy I'll use another example - Outlaw X Triathlon - Nottingham on 27 Sept within the grounds of Thoresby Park - no sign of cancellation - race going ahead under Covid sport participation rules. https://online.flippingbook.com/view/671131/2-3/

1,600 entrants have paid £185 each to race (ka-ching) plus there is also a field of professional triathletes battling it out for a prize purse of $15,000 (ka-ching). Are spectators allowed to attend? Yes, they are, however, there will be a number of social distance measures in place. So Thorseby Park is going to have a good 5,000 people within it's grounds on the day. Kids and families having a good time with all the corporate activities being put on. (Ka-Ching).

Exactly who is going to police the 'rule of six' on this day. Not the police their all down at Dover helping carry the luggage of the boat people to their 5 star hotels. Bit below the belt that - but you get the drift. No mass gatherings unless there is a cash till (ka-ching)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 00:42 Fair do's clever clogs. :bow:

To keep you happy I'll use another example - Outlaw X Triathlon - Nottingham on 27 Sept within the grounds of Thoresby Park - no sign of cancellation - race going ahead under Covid sport participation rules. https://online.flippingbook.com/view/671131/2-3/

1,600 entrants have paid £185 each to race (ka-ching) plus there is also a field of professional triathletes battling it out for a prize purse of $15,000 (ka-ching). Are spectators allowed to attend? Yes, they are, however, there will be a number of social distance measures in place. So Thorseby Park is going to have a good 5,000 people within it's grounds on the day. Kids and families having a good time with all the corporate activities being put on. (Ka-Ching).

Exactly who is going to police the 'rule of six' on this day. Not the police their all down at Dover helping carry the luggage of the boat people to their 5 star hotels. Bit below the belt that - but you get the drift. No mass gatherings unless there is a cash till (ka-ching)
:rofl:

Been announced that there will National League friendlies using the "Pilot Scheme" with 1,000 fans, on the 22nd/26th September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54203505
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Lets hope sense prevails and we can start with a) at least 1000 people per game and b) the league and particularly BT Sport, allowing clubs to show games online for anyone wishing to pay. I watched last weeks game and the whole thing was excellent. id hazard a guess that with our fan base, particularly exiles like me, wed do quite well out of that.
TUST #324
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

With the 2nd wave approaching, there is the distinct possibility that most, if not all, of the country will be in lockdown by the time the season starts. This is very worrying. :-/
Love the comment about the police helping the boat people carry their luggage! It won't happen in Torquay though, no 5* hotels!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Should Away fans be permitted then I will attend at least Notts County, Kings Lynn and Chesterfield. With the latter likely being my son's first game. Hope to make a home game towards the end of the season too.

I wonder how likely we are to continue televising the live streams of the games? For £4 a pop (or higher!) I'd happily subscribe to a season of home streams. Commentary has generally been ok, but they must get someone more interesting than Dave Thomas to act as a summariser...
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

RussianGull wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 22:36 Should Away fans be permitted then I will attend at least Notts County, Kings Lynn and Chesterfield. With the latter likely being my son's first game. Hope to make a home game towards the end of the season too.

I wonder how likely we are to continue televising the live streams of the games? For £4 a pop (or higher!) I'd happily subscribe to a season of home streams. Commentary has generally been ok, but they must get someone more interesting than Dave Thomas to act as a summariser...
There is probably no one with more knowledge about TUFC than Dave Thomas, having reported on them for decades. Such a shame, if this is not coming across during the streaming. :goal:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I think it is coming across - but I don't think some younger folk like it when he talks of former teams and players before their time . Blimey , he only went back as far as Gibbs and Gurney and Phil Lloyd and Cyril's team on Saturday ! Seems like yesterday for Stubb's era fans.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Why do you even need a summariser for a soccer match? It is something introduced into this country by Sky whose production style replicates that of American sportscasting where the summariser fills in for the long gaps between plays which results from the stop/go nature of most American sports.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

National League season set to be delayed if fans are not allowed to attend: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54240644

Coronavirus: Sports bodies warn Covid-19 crisis could cause 'lost generation of activity': https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54241353
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

Utterly ridiculous and out of touch if that is the case. FO Boris and all the other inept politicians who quite clearly cannot get a grip.

Plainmoor and other non league grounds could easily accomodate a 25% capacity which would be socially distanced in a safe and ogranised way.

Ive had enough of corona but more of this inept and bungling lot in office.
TUST #324
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

numpte wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 07:59 Utterly ridiculous and out of touch if that is the case. FO Boris and all the other inept politicians who quite clearly cannot get a grip.

Plainmoor and other non league grounds could easily accomodate a 25% capacity which would be socially distanced in a safe and ogranised way.

Ive had enough of corona but more of this inept and bungling lot in office.

We are all frustrated and fed up with the different world we live in today. I personally think the government have done ok in what is such an unprecedented set of circumstances and no matter who is in charge a lot of decisions needed and will still need to be met In an ever changing set of challenges.
The return of crowds, however small, to sporting events, was always going to be a big step. You say Plainmoor could easily accommodate a socially distanced crowd. That is as maybe if everyone stayed in one place. There would be inevitable ‘pinch points’ around the ground, probably no catering and what about the pop side, where incidentally I have purchased a season ticket. Torquay score, how are the crowd going to celebrate, probably by jumping on one another?!
Maybe if more people had listened to this “bungling lot in office” and practiced social distancing more strictly then this latest situation wouldn’t have arisen. We ALL have a responsibility in these times.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DWB wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 09:48
We are all frustrated and fed up with the different world we live in today. I personally think the government have done ok in what is such an unprecedented set of circumstances and no matter who is in charge a lot of decisions needed and will still need to be met In an ever changing set of challenges.
The return of crowds, however small, to sporting events, was always going to be a big step. You say Plainmoor could easily accommodate a socially distanced crowd. That is as maybe if everyone stayed in one place. There would be inevitable ‘pinch points’ around the ground, probably no catering and what about the pop side, where incidentally I have purchased a season ticket. Torquay score, how are the crowd going to celebrate, probably by jumping on one another?!
Maybe if more people had listened to this “bungling lot in office” and practiced social distancing more strictly then this latest situation wouldn’t have arisen. We ALL have a responsibility in these times.
But yet we can still visit Indoor Shopping Centres (like Meadowhall/Trafford Centre) with the hoards of people...

TUST Member 468

numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

Jumping on? Youd be shouting to the next person with 1500 spread across 4 sides. Where theres a will theres a way but a blanket ban is ridiculous. It is outside you know where we are all being told is safer.

An argument for a different thread but not being prepared (its their job after all) , flip flopping with decisions, still not being prepared 6 months in (testing) then yep, I think they are doing a poor job. We can all tell them at the next election but i doubt Boris will last that long. Out of his depth.
TUST #324
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think we will see more clubs going to the wall if fans are not allowed to attend - how on earth are lower league clubs going to survive with no income beyond streaming?