Season Tickets on Sale 4th August

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 10:37 Has it crossed you mind that the Prem teams can afford to do that and we can't??
As for the NL, probably in the same boat as us -bearing in mind it looks - unfortunately - that Dover are going under.
I'm not suggesting at all that Torquay should refund fans, just saying that Premier League clubs are - but as you say they have loads more money.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

DWB wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 06:52 As a matter of interest did you ask, or did they tell you, how they propose to enforce social distancing on the pop side if that is still needed when we resume. Or even if they know we will be allowed at all into the ground which then throws up the other issue of paying for something we won’t be getting!!
I renewed online so no chance to ask questions.
Yes there is a risk of paying for matches that we can't attend but I've renewed on the basis that it will help keep the club going even if we can't see every game.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

:goodpost:
standupsitdown wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 19:30 I renewed online so no chance to ask questions.
Yes there is a risk of paying for matches that we can't attend but I've renewed on the basis that it will help keep the club going even if we can't see every game.
Yes I too renewed to help club. Not sure how much we have lost due to Covid but read news about Exeter and Plymouth being 1.5m out of pocket between them. The club have issued a link for anyone who wants to discuss last year's season ticket, which I used to tell them to write off ours. Got a very nice response thanking us for our support!! Looks like the club are putting together a team,have arranged some friendlies so fingers crossed for an October start.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It does not matter one jot whether the club could or could not afford to refund season ticket money, the club were duty bound to offer a refund, every season ticket holder entered into a contract with the club to attend 23 home match's at an agreed price, the fact that no season ticket holder appears to have been contacted an offered options for either a refund, credit note on 2020-21 season or to forgo their entitled refund is just plain wrong.

I've been a season ticket holder for along time now, and inline with other posters on here, and season tickets holders I know, I would have forgone my refund and asked the club to keep the money, but to have no one contact me over last season s ticket has irked me some what.

As for renewing next season, I am not going to rush into this, and that's for no other reason than what restrictions and conditions of entry, we're in the middle of a serious global covid-19 pandemic, which is effecting everyone, not just the UK, so it's not the fault of TUFC but if I have to stand there like a lemon 2 metres from the next fan, with a mask on, no use of the toilet, or Gulls nest before or after the game, and these are all potential restrictions that could be in place then there is no enjoyment factor so would not want to go.

Yes I could buy a season ticket as a way of supporting the club, am very happy to do so, but also mindful of the fact, attendances will be very limited, should I buy a season ticket with no intentions of going, then I'm likely to be denying someone who will happy to attend regardless a chance of going to the games, so while supporting the club financially , I would not be supporting the team, they'll will need as many faces in the crowd as possible.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 20:44 It does not matter one jot whether the club could or could not afford to refund season ticket money, the club were duty bound to offer a refund, every season ticket holder entered into a contract with the club to attend 23 home match's at an agreed price, the fact that no season ticket holder appears to have been contacted an offered options for either a refund, credit note on 2020-21 season or to forgo their entitled refund is just plain wrong.

I've been a season ticket holder for along time now, and inline with other posters on here, and season tickets holders I know, I would have forgone my refund and asked the club to keep the money, but to have no one contact me over last season s ticket has irked me some what.

As for renewing next season, I am not going to rush into this, and that's for no other reason than what restrictions and conditions of entry, we're in the middle of a serious global covid-19 pandemic, which is effecting everyone, not just the UK, so it's not the fault of TUFC but if I have to stand there like a lemon 2 metres from the next fan, with a mask on, no use of the toilet, or Gulls nest before or after the game, and these are all potential restrictions that could be in place then there is no enjoyment factor so would not want to go.

Yes I could buy a season ticket as a way of supporting the club, am very happy to do so, but also mindful of the fact, attendances will be very limited, should I buy a season ticket with no intentions of going, then I'm likely to be denying someone who will happy to attend regardless a chance of going to the games, so while supporting the club financially , I would not be supporting the team, they'll will need as many faces in the crowd as possible.
Good post Forever. I fully agree. Like you, I am a Season Ticket holder and have not heard a dickie bird from the club. I would have also foregone any refund from last season's ticket but there has been nothing from the club offering options. The club has my email address. Just as we were beginning to think that the poor communications between club and fans was steadily improving, we are jolted back to the 'bad old days'. :'(
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Was the club article clearly explaining the options available to existing season ticket holders not enough for you? Bare in mind that most, if not all club staff are currently furloughed, and anyone brought back will be working as minimal hours that the club can afford whilst they have little income stream. The resource is unlikely there to email or call every season ticket holder.
Article on the website explaining the situation was more than enough for me, and I renewed straight away, I don’t need a personal email to feel valued, the article on the club website was clearly addressed to existing season ticket holders, how is an email any different?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Must be remembered not every fan has access to the internet, not every fan with internet access has a social media account, not every fan knows how to link their social media and favoured websites together, due to self isolation, and the need for some to shield, many are working extra long hours to cover staff shortages, not everyone has the time to search for information that could and should have been supplied, nor do they have time to read every word of every long winded post or article.

In short, was it enough ? No, not even close. I didn't even know this article even existed, part of the problem wouldn't we say.

One bullet pointed, with all relevant information information, generic e-mail copied to all e-mail address held on record, then hit send button, neither difficult nor labour intensive.

We all support our club with unconditional love, it's not nor has ever been about the need to feel valued, that's not the reason why I haven't yet renewed my season ticket. As stated in my last post, I simply want to know what restrictions on entry are going to be in place next season.

Will the Gulls nest be open ? will social distancing be in place ? 1m with masks mandatory ? 2m with no masks ? If the club are selling season tickets surely they have this information, until I, and I'm sure many others who want the same answers are receipt of this information , personally will not be renewing my season ticket, I'm not alone in this.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 22:25

Will the Gulls nest be open ? will social distancing be in place ? 1m with masks mandatory ? 2m with no masks ? If the club are selling season tickets surely they have this information, until I, and I'm sure many others who want the same answers are receipt of this information , personally will not be renewing my season ticket, I'm not alone in this.

You are certainly not alone in this. Should restrictions be enforced then the whole match day experience will be destroyed.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I did ring and enquire as to what is happening with next season with regards to actually being open/what restrictions will be in force etc and to be honest the answer was basically “We don’t know” which I suppose was understandable as let’s be honest nobody knows. So I guess it is for ourselves to make a judgement as to whether we buy a season ticket?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DWB wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 09:13 I did ring and enquire as to what is happening with next season with regards to actually being open/what restrictions will be in force etc and to be honest the answer was basically “We don’t know” which I suppose was understandable as let’s be honest nobody knows. So I guess it is for ourselves to make a judgement as to whether we buy a season ticket?
I will be able to example of how things are this weekend.
I am a season ticket holder at Wakefield Trinity (proper egg chasing) and they have been allowing fans in to the Rollin' Shack which is similar to the Gulls Nest - to watch our games on TV.
We have to book a spot either online or by phone and I will be going on Saturday so will see how many are allowed.
May give an idea re the Gulls Nest......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Just bought my season ticket online, very easy process it seems! Just as Boris Johnson announces crowds will be allowed back into stadiums from 1st October. Let’s hope he doesn’t move those goalposts!!🤞
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

I see on the site that early bird season tickets are currently not available
Anybody any idea of what the situation is?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

kerswellgull wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 09:10 I see on the site that early bird season tickets are currently not available
Anybody any idea of what the situation is?
Until the authorities tell the club how many spectators will be allowed to attend the club cannot offer season tickets for open sale and risk selling more tickets than spaces available.
Existing season ticket holders were quite correctly given first dibs, the rest of us will have to wait.
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

Anybody know what the situation is with season tickets?
How many have been sold ?
How that relates to possible government limits?
When a new tranche might be on offer?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

kerswellgull wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 12:44 Anybody know what the situation is with season tickets?
How many have been sold ?
How that relates to possible government limits?
When a new tranche might be on offer?
I don’t think anyone knows, I doubt we’ll hear anything either! I don’t see them selling season tickets for anyone other than last season’s ST holders. So I’m hoping that they have Streams all season. A lot of fans will be missing out sadly.